PDA

View Full Version : NEW Mickey Thompson ATZ 4-rib "style" tyres

Hodge
23rd October 2013, 04:24 PM
Just thought I'd mention this. As some of you know Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 and 5 ribs have been canned. What's left of the 4 ribs out there in shops is all there is apparently. I was almost going to go the 4 ribs, but since they're being canned, getting replacements ( if need be in future ) could be hard.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php?item=BajaATZP3

These ATZ P3 are the replacements. And have my name on them! Very chunky for an A/T, bringing the old style 4 ribs closer to the MTZ range.
http://imageshack.us/a/img266/6602/7ags.jpg

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 04:45 PM
Just had a phone call telling the exact same thing..
Are they the ATZ or mtz? I'm confused now.. Lol
What price did you get for 4?

Hodge
23rd October 2013, 05:04 PM
Just had a phone call telling the exact same thing..
Are they the ATZ or mtz? I'm confused now.. Lol
What price did you get for 4?

Didn't talk prices, as that set was sold and it was the first and only set he had. They had an ATZ sticker on them, but are not actual ATZ's. Very new and very little known about them.

Hodge
23rd October 2013, 06:17 PM
Here is a patrol fitted with them from this website. They look the business!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/109.jpg

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 07:19 PM
Look like the ones I've been researching..
So I was correct about the ATZ..
But I didn't get told they super seeded the 4 rib..
I'm liking to.. They reckon 80 thou..
I was quoted $2300 for 5 with New black 15x8 sunnies, balanced and fitted.. Not bad..

lhurley
24th October 2013, 10:17 PM
Look like the ones I've been researching..
So I was correct about the ATZ..
But I didn't get told they super seeded the 4 rib..
I'm liking to.. They reckon 80 thou..
I was quoted $2300 for 5 with New black 15x8 sunnies, balanced and fitted.. Not bad..

Not bad but geez you can do better then that. $1800 is a lots of money for just tyres. And ATZs are nothing special. You pay for the brand.

BigRAWesty
24th October 2013, 11:19 PM
Trying to shop around, but down here everyone has there one brand. Like comparing apples and pears.. Not easy..

lhurley
25th October 2013, 04:05 PM
Trying to shop around, but down here everyone has there one brand. Like comparing apples and pears.. Not easy..

Any reason your not looking further out?? i bought my tyres from sydney, shipped for free :)

BigRAWesty
25th October 2013, 04:14 PM
Mount gambier might as will be in the sticks. It's like no1 delivers here cheap.
Have been meaning to call some places in Portland, but that's a 200k round trip to have fitted..

cvando
28th October 2013, 02:48 PM
went to the 4wd show in ADL over the weekend and spoke to the mickey T guy there for about half an hour about these.

great looking tyres in person they are pretty chunky they dont look it from most photos,

they guy i spoke to said about mid next year their wont be the old style ATZ it will only be these P3 style. he said he was trying to get them off the shelf and even shipping them back to the US.

i didnt talk price but i think they will be cheaper once they are the only style ATZ at the moment i think because it is limited stock they might be a little pricey. but iv seen lindsay tires on the other forum quote $330 for a 33x12.5x15 wich is pretty good.

i think this is what il be buying when im due for new boots. as i do to many Ks on the blacktop to burn out a set of MTZ and i cant really afford 2 sets

He also said that they are going to be getting a lot more 32" tires because of the road laws cracking down on bigger tire sizes. especially here in SA.

threedogs
28th October 2013, 02:55 PM
They are definitely Light Truck construction looking at them.
After some muddies ATM but these look to me, aired down they should grip ok

@ Kallen keep looking think that price is very high seeing you are not buying 285s or 33s

@ Kallen again why 5 new tyres and rims, My theory is the spare is just that a spare to get you out of the poo until you can repair your "good" tyre
Do you think you will gain that much by rotating 5 instead of 4, theres $400+ saved there, just a thought

BigRAWesty
1st November 2013, 04:53 AM
They are definitely Light Truck construction looking at them.
After some muddies ATM but these look to me, aired down they should grip ok

@ Kallen keep looking think that price is very high seeing you are not buying 285s or 33s

@ Kallen again why 5 new tyres and rims, My theory is the spare is just that a spare to get you out of the poo until you can repair your "good" tyre
Do you think you will gain that much by rotating 5 instead of 4, theres $400+ saved there, just a thought

I'll be going 33's in these, so need the 33" spare. Will also start a 5 tyre rotation system to get the most outta the set..