PDA

View Full Version : End of January meet up??

Bloodyaussie
23rd October 2013, 04:36 PM
Anyone up for an end of January meet like we did earlier this year... swimming like beached whales in the many river crossings or eating dust for days!!!

It was the trip last January we did that track... Barkely river jeep track with Chris showing how a stock Mav with A/T's on can do it...

Just putting it out there, you know I cant go too long between big meet ups.

threedogs
23rd October 2013, 04:41 PM
isn't RLI organising a meet up around that time in Geelong

Winnie
23rd October 2013, 04:48 PM
We should go to the same area so we can do that track again...... I liked that track.

Bloodyaussie
23rd October 2013, 04:54 PM
We should go to the same area so we can do that track again...... I liked that track.

So do I....

And John Christmas is not a good time for me thats why I asked if anyone wanted to go near the end of January.. I will be away with my family for Xmas/ New years as I guess many others will be to.

So I will make time to go and those that can come will..... simples!!!!!!

I have really been stinging to do that track again but want something a bit more than the other tracks in the area that we have done...

I want to turn up to the family meet up next month but not sure I can make it so if not thats a long time between drinks.

Winnie
23rd October 2013, 04:59 PM
I have tried that track since then when it was wet as a shag and I did not get passed the first step. Could have gotten further with momentum but would end in tears for sure.
Let's just go next weekend?

taslucas
23rd October 2013, 05:03 PM
I wonder what the airfares are like around that time..............:-)

Bloodyaussie
23rd October 2013, 05:07 PM
I wonder what the airfares are like around that time..............:-)

Go on big boy....... your a free man just do it!!!!

Winnie
23rd October 2013, 05:09 PM
We're getting the band back together!

threedogs
23rd October 2013, 05:10 PM
Pre book simple, Jet star are cheap as chips aren't they

Winnie
23rd October 2013, 05:13 PM
Pre book simple, Jet star are cheap as chips aren't they

Who are you talking to? You didn't @ anyone.

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 05:15 PM
I was going to plan an sa Treck for Jan.
Was thunkin little desert, or something along the border to allow both sa and Vic members to attend.

Winnie
23rd October 2013, 05:16 PM
I was going to plan an sa Treck for Jan.
Was thunkin little desert, or something along the border to allow both sa and Vic members to attend.

You snooze you lose!

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 05:20 PM
Lol. I'm sure us sa boys could attend your meet up..
Were about are you guys talking??

Winnie
23rd October 2013, 05:22 PM
Woods Point area.

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 05:29 PM
Blue mountains area??

Bloodyaussie
23rd October 2013, 05:33 PM
What about nearer to the man who has come interstate more that anyone..

He has promised some awesome driving

taslucas
23rd October 2013, 05:54 PM
We're getting the band back together!

Haha....
"DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT!?"

Bloodyaussie
23rd October 2013, 07:30 PM
I want to do the desert trips but January is just too hot... I want somewhere with rivers about for a nice cool dip.

taslucas
23rd October 2013, 07:34 PM
Did someone say nice and cool???

krbrooking
23rd October 2013, 10:18 PM
This sounds like it could be fun, atm I will be in, depending on if my car is still running.
I also think it is only fair we try and get a bit closer for Chris who has attended quite a few of out vic meets.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

AB
23rd October 2013, 10:22 PM
Yep lock me in, why not, may as well make it a constant end of month forum meet up in 2014!!!!

Summer time is the best around there apart from the dust!

Winnie
23rd October 2013, 10:24 PM
We just need a spray tanker to drive in front of us to wet the road and all will be good.... hahaha.

Drewboyaus
23rd October 2013, 10:30 PM
What about a drive along Haunted Stream track up to Tom Groggin and towards ACT past the Snowy River and Hydro Scheme.....?
Rather than a base camp we keep moving each day?

AB
23rd October 2013, 10:31 PM
Maybe we can take my brothers Safari Fire Truck with a boom spray...lol

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?9900-Brother-s-new-Safari-fire-truck

Winnie
23rd October 2013, 10:38 PM
I thought it was a joke when you posted that because you've not mentioned it since!

taslucas
23rd October 2013, 10:46 PM
I thought it was a joke when you posted that because you've not mentioned it since!

Just because some of us can't shut up about the cool things in life...lol

Garlic balls

happygu
23rd October 2013, 11:20 PM
What about a drive along Haunted Stream track up to Tom Groggin and towards ACT past the Snowy River and Hydro Scheme.....?
Rather than a base camp we keep moving each day?

That would be a great idea as there are some great spots to along the Davies High Plain and Tom Groggin - but you would have to plan the trip out carefully, as there aren't many spots for a big group to camp along the Haunted Stream, and only at the end too, so you would need to ensure everyone gets through in the day.....

Mic

mudnut
23rd October 2013, 11:22 PM
We just need a spray tanker to drive in front of us to wet the road and all will be good.... hahaha.

It should be alright Winnie, just sit behind a GUrly as they usually leak enough coolant to keep the dust down:)

happygu
23rd October 2013, 11:27 PM
It should be alright Winnie, just sit behind a GUrly as they usually leak enough coolant to keep the dust down:)

Rrrooooowwww !!

MEGOMONSTER
23rd October 2013, 11:30 PM

Ehh watch your mouth.
Is that a drip I see under the car.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd October 2013, 11:51 PM
Unfortunately wont be able to make this one.
Planning a trip with Stretch for four days before Xmas.
Travelling from Melbourne to Talbotville, Blue Rag, Dargo.

Maxhead
24th October 2013, 08:28 AM
Sounds like a goer!

Maybe around Aussie day long weekend (Monday 27th is a public Holiday) ????????????? Thoughts??

We can then have Aussie burgers and drink VB all day...LOL

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/110.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/111.jpg

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2013, 08:29 AM
Ok either a traveling trip doing a big loop or base camp more up Nissheads way... he has traveled here so many times (Honorary Victorian) thats the least we could do.

I really would love to do a big loop but not sure whats involved there.

Maybe put it to a vote.

Maxhead
24th October 2013, 08:31 AM
Ok either a traveling trip doing a big loop or base camp more up Nissheads way... he has traveled here so many times (Honorary Victorian) thats the least we could do.

I really would love to do a big loop but not sure whats involved there.

Maybe put it to a vote.

Not fussed where we go, maybe around Omeo area...Snuggen Buggen, Tom Groggin???

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2013, 08:57 AM
In
Bloodyaussie
AB
Nisshead
Winnie
Krbrooking
Drewboyaus

Alitis007
24th October 2013, 08:58 AM
If its around australia day long weekend i'll be in for sure

Winnie
24th October 2013, 09:07 AM
Not fussed where we go, maybe around Omeo area...Snuggen Buggen, Tom Groggin???

Yeah that sounds good!

Sounds like a goer!

Maybe around Aussie day long weekend (Monday 27th is a public Holiday) ????????????? Thoughts??

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/110.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/10/111.jpg

That sounds better!

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2013, 09:25 AM
Ok then its locked in then for the long weekend up around (or down for Kris) the Omeo area.

In
Bloodyaussie
AB
Nisshead
Winnie
Krbrooking
Drewboyaus
Alitis007

mudnut
24th October 2013, 02:50 PM
Count me out too, fellows. If RLI's trip to the Otways goes ahead, I hope to join them.

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2013, 05:35 PM
If we are to go to Omeo or Tom groggin which way would we go to get there?? do we drive up the hume across from Albury ??

MudRunnerTD
24th October 2013, 06:07 PM
Count me out too, fellows. If RLI's trip to the Otways goes ahead, I hope to join them.

The Otways will be closer to the start of Jan I think rather than late Jan. Christmas shutdown is his plan I think???

I stayed at suggen buggen a couple of years ago over the new year period. Great spot. Basically a Carpark rest stop with 1 toilet. Good spot to sit in the river on a very hot day. We saw 44d when we were up there. I'd love to do the haunted trail.

Not sure I can make this but will watch with interest. The new business starts in the coming weeks and the weekends are expected to be prime time for us. The long weekend could be plumb.

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2013, 06:57 PM
As soon as destination is confirmed I will start a proper thread and this will be a date for a permanent annual event.

So if you have a good spot out that way that we should camp at or if you guys want to travel it would be a great help.

growler2058
24th October 2013, 07:56 PM
Sounds like a goer!

Sick effker

Drewboyaus
24th October 2013, 08:19 PM
I could do a reccy trip with a couple of cars for a weekend to check out the Haunted Stream camping options.

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2013, 08:26 PM
I could do a reccy trip with a couple of cars for a weekend to check out the Haunted Stream camping options.

Do you ever stay home on the weekends

Drewboyaus
24th October 2013, 08:32 PM
Do you ever stay home on the weekends

Sometimes. :-)

I bought the beast to "get the f@ck out of Dodge" so figure I'd better make the most of it when I can.
Bit harder at the mo with the kids playing basketball on Saturday mornings......
Dunno when I'll do the reccy yet but are you coming?????????

Drewboyaus
24th October 2013, 08:35 PM
My plan will be to leave from Bairnsdale on a Saturday morning, so will be a Friday drive to Bairnsdale. Couple of my mates are keen to do that drive too...

Bloodyaussie
24th October 2013, 08:36 PM
Sometimes. :-)

I bought the beast to "get the f@ck out of Dodge" so figure I'd better make the most of it when I can.
Bit harder at the mo with the kids playing basketball on Saturday mornings......
Dunno when I'll do the reccy yet but are you coming?????????

Hmmm could get me in a world of trouble.

Winnie
10th November 2013, 10:21 PM
Let's get the ball rolling!

Dates? Monday 27th is a Public Holiday, but if we're talking about tracking into NSW we will need more time I would think? I've got so much leave saved up at work it's not funny but need to get in before the other guys at work!

There was talk about Suggen Buggen and Tom Groggin, I don't really know the area that well but would something like, leave from Buchan on a Saturday morning, head through Suggen Buggen to Tom Groggin, then through Thredbo into Jindabyne? Wouldn't have a clue what it's like up there. Where would we meet up with Krisso?

Drewboyaus
10th November 2013, 10:40 PM
Let's get the ball rolling!

Dates? Monday 27th is a Public Holiday, but if we're talking about tracking into NSW we will need more time I would think? I've got so much leave saved up at work it's not funny but need to get in before the other guys at work!

There was talk about Suggen Buggen and Tom Groggin, I don't really know the area that well but would something like, leave from Buchan on a Saturday morning, head through Suggen Buggen to Tom Groggin, then through Thredbo into Jindabyne? Wouldn't have a clue what it's like up there. Where would we meet up with Krisso?

Krisso could meet us and head back towards his joint.......
Then 10 filthy sweaty blokes can all descend on his house for a shower before the ride home......
Can just imagine the reaction from his missus.
RAOTFLMAO.

Seriously though, we could do that, or start around Canberra and head back into Vic......or base camp it around Canberra somewhere.......

Drewboyaus
10th November 2013, 10:41 PM
And Suggen Buggen sounds like one of those onesy doona suits......

Bloodyaussie
11th November 2013, 08:26 AM
I dont know the area at all so I cant comment on where to stay... My wife and I stayed at goobragandra not far from Tumut but have no idea what the driving is like?

Need someone who can confirm a good spot up around the north of Vic or the south of NSW???

I almost think Kris should just pick the spot!!!!!!

Winnie
11th November 2013, 08:27 AM
Are we going to base camp or travel?

Winnie
11th November 2013, 07:39 PM
Come on guys... Got any ideas Kris?

taslucas
11th November 2013, 07:40 PM
Come on guys... Got any ideas Kris?

I got heaps of ideas.............

Winnie
11th November 2013, 07:46 PM
Yes but your name is not Kris so keep them to yourself!

taslucas
11th November 2013, 08:17 PM
Yes but your name is not Kris so keep them to yourself!

I am "guys" though:-(

Maxhead
11th November 2013, 08:49 PM
I am "guys" though:-(

Geez there's some rude pricks around here...like Winnie...LMAO!
Hope you're in on this one too Lucas..LOL.. I spoke to a couple of guys and its all happening..LOL

WHERE AND HOW...I dont give a sh!t but we'll meet up on Aussie day!!

taslucas
11th November 2013, 09:08 PM
I know hey!?

Don't reckon I'll make this one. Going to hit up Tassie big time this summer.
You guys will be having too much fun to miss me haha and besides, it'll give you time to start planning your Tassie trip!

Sir Roofy
11th November 2013, 09:17 PM
come on guys... Got any ideas kris?

how about doing the brindabellas ? Kris,s stomping ground
the way he tells it it can be pretty narly

Winnie
11th November 2013, 09:18 PM
We've got some ideas brewing up

liftlid
11th November 2013, 10:51 PM
What about a traveller that way we don't waste time on bitumen

Drewboyaus
11th November 2013, 11:17 PM
I like the idea of a traveller.

Bloodyaussie
12th November 2013, 08:03 AM
Well Drew I was going to ring you today to discuss this idea..

The only problem with a traveler is other people turning up later on...???

We would need to know for sure where we are staying and that time of year can be hard as many sites would be full of holiday makers.

Thinking of making our way up into NSW...

The other option that has been given to us is Kris has a mate with a 1000 acre property at Brindabella and said we can all stay there with some awesome driving in the area.

He said the tracks are brilliant with them going from easy to extreme.. now it is over 7 hours travel time from the north of Melbourne so not close but Kris has traveled down here many times with no fuss and in light of his situation in some ways I do prefer this.

Also it would give more of the guys from Sydney and Canberra a chance to come along...???? food for thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You coming Lucas.... how about some South Australians????

liftlid
12th November 2013, 08:13 AM

We would need to know for sure where we are staying and that time of year can be hard as many sites would be full of holiday makers.

The other option that has been given to us is Kris has a mate with a 1000 acre property at Brindabella and said we can all stay there with some awesome driving in the area.

He said the tracks are brilliant with them going from easy to extreme.. now it is over 7 hours travel time from the north of Melbourne so not close but Kris has traveled down here many times with no fuss and in light of his situation in some ways I do prefer this.

Also it would give more of the guys from Sydney and Canberra a chance to come along...???? food for thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would make 2 days of driving before doing any tracks. we will just be back from Xmas and will struggle to take more time off.

Bloodyaussie
12th November 2013, 08:33 AM
Yes but Kris does this every time without batting an eyelid.

Just an idea and should be considered as we have the offer of a 1000 acre property to use.

It needs to be sorted soon though and the other option to go up through Omeo to Jindabyne....

liftlid
12th November 2013, 08:37 AM
You could be restricting the amount of people who would be able to come, not everybody has flexible working arrangements.

Drewboyaus
12th November 2013, 08:53 AM

I hear you mate. It is a fair call too. I'm happy either way and it's a bit early for me to commit especially if I'm hoping to land the new job.
Perhaps I should organise a separate traveller.......might limit the number of vehicles too to make travelling a bit faster.

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 08:56 AM
Yea sorry guys, talking outta my range for a quick weekend getaway.. Pushing 11-12 hours for me. Can't afford that straight after Christmas.

growler2058
12th November 2013, 12:14 PM

I'm in NOB HEADS will do fly in fly out!

growler2058
12th November 2013, 12:17 PM
Is it the Aussie day long weekend this is planed for?

Winnie
12th November 2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah knob, it is

Sir Roofy
12th November 2013, 12:19 PM
this is going to be very tight for most of us kris is busting for us to roll up
either way wich you travel will be 6-7hours or longer for garry its a long
way but hey if kris can do it so can we

Maxhead
12th November 2013, 12:20 PM
As said before. We can meet half way to make it easier for all the Mexicans...LOL I'm not fussed either way

Sir Roofy
12th November 2013, 12:22 PM
i'm in nob heads will do fly in fly out!

go chilli boy yes mate and bring the chilli,s for you and kris
looking forward to seeing you again

growler2058
12th November 2013, 12:23 PM
In
Bloodyaussie
AB
Nisshead
Winnie
Krbrooking
Drewboyaus
Growler riding shotgun with some lucky effkr

rusty_nail
12th November 2013, 12:25 PM
so where are you guys going for this trip? its likely i will be in the area but not in the troll. rather im going for a 3500k ride with the old man through the vic alps and the gread ocean road. i will modify my trip be where you guys are for a catch up on teh way home...

growler2058
12th November 2013, 12:26 PM

Hopefully the chillis are ready mate. Am I allowed to bring them on a plane

Sir Roofy
12th November 2013, 12:28 PM
hopefully the chillis are ready mate. Am i allowed to bring them on a plane

thats a point ah well stick,m down your socks

growler2058
12th November 2013, 12:28 PM

Will have that long awaited billy with ya mate!

Sir Roofy
12th November 2013, 12:35 PM
will have that long awaited billy with ya mate!

that we will looking forward to it

growler2058
12th November 2013, 12:39 PM
Anyone had dramas chucking a swag on a plane before?

rusty_nail
12th November 2013, 12:40 PM

i thnk you will need to check it in mate. someone might be able to borrow you one so you dont have to?

Maxhead
12th November 2013, 12:46 PM
Will have that long awaited billy with ya mate!

I thought you're off that sh!t...roflao

growler2058
12th November 2013, 12:51 PM
I thought you're off that sh!t...roflao

Hahahahahahahaa Gotta try Roofys mate

growler2058
12th November 2013, 12:52 PM
i thnk you will need to check it in mate. someone might be able to borrow you one so you dont have to?

Is there a limit on checked in gear
Spouse it depends if ya fly with dodgy pornstar (jet star) I hate jet star

Maxhead
12th November 2013, 12:54 PM

I got a swag you can borrow mate...no dramas

growler2058
12th November 2013, 12:56 PM
I got a swag you can borrow mate...no dramas

You're a brave brave brave man bwahahahahahahaha

taslucas
12th November 2013, 01:14 PM

No problems for me mate. I had a swag and a hiking backpack checked with no extra charge.
That's with rex and they're the second best after Qantas. Don't know about those other dodgy airlines like roo systems and tigerz

growler2058
12th November 2013, 01:44 PM
No problems for me mate. I had a swag and a hiking backpack checked with no extra charge.
That's with rex and they're the second best after Qantas. Don't know about those other dodgy airlines like roo systems and tigerz

Hahahahabaha

rusty_nail
12th November 2013, 02:07 PM

i dont think there is mate, i think the only difference is it costs ya extra!

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 06:17 PM

Pretty sure you can check in 20kg. But if it's a little over you'll just get charged.

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 06:17 PM
As said before. We can meet half way to make it easier for all the Mexicans...LOL I'm not fussed either way

Ay Ay aaayyyyyy... Don't tard us all with the same brush.

Drewboyaus
12th November 2013, 06:38 PM
Ay Ay aaayyyyyy... Don't tard us all with the same brush.

Why not? You South Aussies are "tards"
LMFAO

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 07:43 PM
Why not? You South Aussies are "tards"
LMFAO

Mentally challenged thankyou.. Pmsl..or was the smsl??? :what:

Winnie
12th November 2013, 07:52 PM
Let's get something set in stone guys. Gman needs to book flights and lots of us need to apply for leave and whatnot.

Bloodyaussie
12th November 2013, 08:20 PM
I am sitting here watching 4wd action on aurora and they are at brindabella. .. looks lovely.

Winnie
12th November 2013, 08:27 PM
I am sitting here watching 4wd action on aurora and they are at brindabella. .. looks lovely.

Is it good? I'm keen as for that

Bloodyaussie
12th November 2013, 08:36 PM
So am I... funny how some have gone all quiet! !!!

I also like the idea of something different and I have stayed up that way years ago when my wife and I were first dating and it was beautiful. .. camping out of a honda civic!!!

Still though with the big growler coming over he might want something else?

Sir Roofy
12th November 2013, 09:36 PM
concrete is setting where are you going I vote for brindy

Winnie
12th November 2013, 09:37 PM
I'm a 2nd vote on the Brindies.

taslucas
12th November 2013, 09:37 PM
Still though with the big growler coming over he might want something else?

Stuff him! I got what I was given and made do!

Winnie
12th November 2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah but it's growler...

Drewboyaus
12th November 2013, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I'm cool with the Brindabella Ranges.....
Map anyone?

Sir Roofy
12th November 2013, 10:01 PM
that's 3 who else its easier for growlers to fly in to Canberra and kris maybe pick him up

Drewboyaus
12th November 2013, 10:21 PM
that's 3 who else its easier for growlers to fly in to Canberra and kris maybe pick him up

Do they have airports in SA? I'm sure I only saw a bush shelter....

rusty_nail
12th November 2013, 10:23 PM
Count me in for brindy. I'll be late there to prob only only for one night. I'll be with the old man on enduro bikes.

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 10:25 PM
Do they have airports in SA? I'm sure I only saw a bush shelter....

Ow ha ha ha ha ha ha........

1.... :o

Drewboyaus
12th November 2013, 10:43 PM
Te-he........

Bloodyaussie
12th November 2013, 10:45 PM
Brindabella it is then... I will start a new thread tomorrow..

Maxhead
13th November 2013, 07:17 AM
Spoke to me mate last night. We can use the big flat area right on the river(trout,trout,trout)...no toilets so we just make a long drop

The area is a bit flood damaged but still paradise

growler2058
13th November 2013, 07:47 AM
Stuff him! I got what I was given and made do!

I agree.....

Sir Roofy
13th November 2013, 08:04 AM
Done and dusted cement has set