PDA

View Full Version : Loveday 4x4 Adventure park

wildgu6
17th January 2011, 07:14 PM
Loveday 4x4 Adventure Park, Barmera S.A (Riverland)

Unfourtunately due to size, the DVD had to be broken into 4 parts, Well worth a look for those who havent been to Loveday.

Special Thanks to Todd for his assistance on making this happen, Good work buddy, Hope you enjoyed Mr Beam.

Pt:1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtDgYZA-Emw
Pt:2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svp90__M_OM
Pt:3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBkr3K6GmFg
Pt:4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjako94X_4

This is the link to their website;
http://www.loveday4x4adventures.com/

twiggsy
18th February 2011, 05:47 PM
been there in my triton, had an awesome time. will be definitely going there in the patrol!!!!!

Bigrig
18th February 2011, 11:16 PM
been there in my triton, had an awesome time. will be definitely going there in the patrol!!!!!

Thanks twiggsy - good to have a first hand reference!!!

growler2058
20th February 2011, 03:29 PM
Guys and gals, recomend Loveday, great bloke Tony owner operator only problem he's a tojo man but cant hold that against him! great country hospitality great tavern, brilliant wheelin and awesome camp sites along the mighty Murray. We try to get down there as often as we can. Couldn"t kill me troll there but have stuffed a hilux there. Mild to wild!!!

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 03:31 PM
Guys and gals, recomend Loveday, great bloke Tony owner operator only problem he's a tojo man but cant hold that against him! great country hospitality great tavern, brilliant wheelin and awesome camp sites along the mighty Murray. We try to get down there as often as we can. Couldn"t kill me troll there but have stuffed a hilux there. Mild to wild!!!

Thanks mate - I think we have the location for the 2012 Forum Bash well and truly sorted!!!

NissanGQ4.2
10th March 2011, 09:15 PM
Loveday 4x4 Adventure Park, Barmera S.A (Riverland)

Unfourtunately due to size, the DVD had to be broken into 4 parts, Well worth a look for those who havent been to Loveday.

Special Thanks to Todd for his assistance on making this happen, Good work buddy, Hope you enjoyed Mr Beam.

Pt:1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtDgYZA-Emw
Pt:2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svp90__M_OM
Pt:3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBkr3K6GmFg
Pt:4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKjako94X_4

This is the link to their website;
http://www.loveday4x4adventures.com/

Thanks Pete on showing us what Loveday 4x4 park is all about, shame Sydney doesn't have anything like this setup. And yes loved the beam, u should not have but thank you :)

DX grunt
10th March 2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks mate - I think we have the location for the 2012 Forum Bash well and truly sorted!!!

Is it a yes, no or maybe????

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 09:25 PM
Is it a yes, no or maybe????

Yes ... I think ... LOL ... I'm happy with it, I just want it confirmed so we can book ...

Who is actually the decision maker on this?? Drag them out!!! It's decision time!!! LOL

DX grunt
10th March 2011, 09:41 PM
AB will probably say it was my idea in the first place, soooooo..... not knowing the place and being visited and recommended by a South Aussian, I'm happy to 'lock it in'.

Is there anybody that disagrees? We need to act sooner rather than later, coz the best camping spot belongs to us. lol

DX grunt
10th March 2011, 09:44 PM
AB will probably say it was my idea in the first place, soooooo..... not knowing the place and being visited and recommended by a South Aussian, I'm happy to 'lock it in'.

Is there anybody that disagrees? We need to act sooner rather than later, coz the best camping spot belongs to us. lol

Having said that, whoever books it, can they tell us the price. You never know, we might get a bit of a discount with a 'group booking'

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 09:50 PM

No disagreement here boss!!! All good in fact.

wildgu6
10th March 2011, 09:59 PM
Numbers numbers numbers, The member list is definately growing, but some members will be bringing mates and families.
Posted this in the 2012 bash thread, Whats your thoughts on another poll, We know which members are attending the 2012 bash, but do we know actual number of people attending,
# of Adults / Children with each member.
Would be good to get an idea of how many people will be attending before booking.

DX grunt
10th March 2011, 10:01 PM
Being computer illiterate, I don't know how to do a poll, but there'll be just little (big) old me and my truck.

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 10:33 PM
Numbers numbers numbers, The member list is definately growing, but some members will be bringing mates and families.
Posted this in the 2012 bash thread, Whats your thoughts on another poll, We know which members are attending the 2012 bash, but do we know actual number of people attending,
# of Adults / Children with each member.
Would be good to get an idea of how many people will be attending before booking.

Good idea as said previously - I'll have 3 cars, 4 adults and at least two kids. If even half or thereabouts of the 23 who voted have someone else come along, we could be talking 70+ people including kids!!! That's means a big area!!

damianovdd
10th March 2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks Pete on showing us what Loveday 4x4 park is all about, shame Sydney doesn't have anything like this setup. And yes loved the beam, u should not have but thank you :)

x2
thanks for showing

I think that you all will have a good time there.

AB
11th March 2011, 12:12 PM
Ok, lets lock this in then!

Loveday for Easter 2012!

Does anybody know the owner personally to possibly check out prices and pre warn of a large group booking by chance?

Sir Roofy
11th March 2011, 03:26 PM
Looks like growlers71gq might be your man ANDY looks as if he is familuar with loveday

twiggsy
12th March 2011, 11:16 AM
wat are the dates of the meet up. may not be able to go all the days but i have been before when i owned an ML triton and am itching to take the patrol out, have only had it for a month and havent been on any trips in it. also my mate has an 80 series and wants to take it out with it loaded up to see if his fuel sensor is fixed properly. so probably able to come up for a day or two with two trucks.

twiggsy
12th March 2011, 11:17 AM
oh and its an awesome place. heaps of fun. about 4 or 5 tracks to drive along with plenty of obstacles and then there is the awesome sand dune area and also the playground. then for the brave there is a racing type track for the more extreme 4wding. it will be an awesome meet up there.

DX grunt
12th March 2011, 11:21 AM
wat are the dates of the meet up. may not be able to go all the days but i have been before when i owned an ML triton and am itching to take the patrol out, have only had it for a month and havent been on any trips in it. also my mate has an 80 series and wants to take it out with it loaded up to see if his fuel sensor is fixed properly. so probably able to come up for a day or two with two trucks.

It's Easter next year. Absolute dates are still to be locked in. But work around that. Thanks.

Ross

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 11:27 AM
It's Easter next year. Absolute dates are still to be locked in. But work around that. Thanks.

Ross

The whole family is already excited about this one!!

DX grunt
12th March 2011, 11:29 AM
The whole family is already excited about this one!!

Me too and from what everybody said last night, you could feel the excitement in the tone
of the responses.

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 11:33 AM
Me too and from what everybody said last night, you could feel the excitement in the tone
of the responses.

Yep - for those still thinking about it, again I say, I know it's dollars, I know it's a lot of effort, but I reckon you will dead set kick yourself if you don't go. Once in a lifetime thing really .. Well, certainly once in a very long time I would suggest ...

growler2058
12th March 2011, 12:07 PM
Campsite "shady" has been booked for the meet up two days before easter weekend with options to modify as required

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 12:15 PM
Campsite "shady" has been booked for the meet up two days before easter weekend with options to modify as required

Top job mate!! Campsite "shady" ? ... Hmmmm ... they obviously know some of the attendees! LOL!!!

Sir Roofy
12th March 2011, 01:02 PM
G,day big rig
looks like a fab w/end coming up in 2012
saving hard for this once in a life time event and a shady
campsite

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 01:03 PM
G,day big rig
looks like a fab w/end coming up in 2012
saving hard for this once in a life time event and a shady
campsite

G'day mate - yep, will be a boomer for sure!!

big_fletch
12th March 2011, 01:06 PM
Top job mate!! Campsite "shady" ? ... Hmmmm ... they obviously know some of the attendees! LOL!!!

Haha u reckon, us?? shady?? u know its only when we run out of booze or meat for the bbq lool

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 01:09 PM
Haha u reckon, us?? shady?? u know its only when we run out of booze or meat for the bbq lool

Don't go giving me nightmares before we even leave! Running out of grog? OMFG, I'd have heart palpitations!!! LOL

big_fletch
12th March 2011, 01:37 PM
Don't go giving me nightmares before we even leave! Running out of grog? OMFG, I'd have heart palpitations!!! LOL

Haha ill bring a lil extra mate, just in case...... I dont even wanna think about running out, gonna make me cry

DX grunt
12th March 2011, 03:07 PM

Thanks heaps bro. Just to clarify.... We're booking in on the Wednesday before Good Friday?

It's just that it's a 3 day drive for most of us West Aussies and I need to organise my hols.

Ross
DX grunt

growler2058
12th March 2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah mate wednesday before and for a week with option to extend
lookn forward to meetn ya Ross

big_fletch
13th March 2011, 12:22 AM
Wednesday before good Friday, ill put that down so I remember and get it off as early as possible

AB
13th March 2011, 12:27 AM
Wednesday before good Friday, ill put that down so I remember and get it off as early as possible

Oops my birthday will be on the Wednesday before Good Friday 2012...lol

The misses won't be happy as once again I am always away on my birthday camping...lol

big_fletch
13th March 2011, 12:44 AM
Haha in the bad books again AB, poor u...
So the Wednesday before good Friday is the 25th of April 2012?? And its booked till about the 2nd of may??

AB
13th March 2011, 12:48 AM
So the Wednesday before good Friday is the 25th of April 2012?? And its booked till about the 2nd of may??

I thought Good Friday is the 6th of April in 2012...lol...It's getting late for us mexicans Fletch...Maybe someone can confirm tomorrow...lol

big_fletch
13th March 2011, 12:49 AM
I thought Good Friday is the 6th of April in 2012...lol...It's getting late for us mexicans Fletch...Maybe someone can confirm tomorrow...lol

that's a good idea cause I suck with dates lol, just wanna know so I can put it down early

DX grunt
13th March 2011, 02:26 PM
Oops my birthday will be on the Wednesday before Good Friday 2012...lol

The misses won't be happy as once again I am always away on my birthday camping...lol

Do something special for her before you give her THAT final kiss and wave good bye as you're driving up the driveway. lol

Bunch of flowers, dinner, carton of VB (lol).

Leave 'love notes' all over the house telling her how much you love her. Mushy stuff that women expect - that alota men don't do or think of.

My point........happy spouse, happy house. You have to go back home....sometime.....

DX grunt
13th March 2011, 02:28 PM

I think that was my stuff up. Easter Monday and Anzac Day are the same day THIS YEAR... 25th April. Not sure about next year's dates. Sorry people

AB
13th March 2011, 09:08 PM
Do something special for her before you give her THAT final kiss and wave good bye as you're driving up the driveway. lol

Bunch of flowers, dinner, carton of VB (lol).

Leave 'love notes' all over the house telling her how much you love her. Mushy stuff that women expect - that alota men don't do or think of.

My point........happy spouse, happy house. You have to go back home....sometime.....

Very nice Rossco you little softy...lol

Sir Roofy
13th March 2011, 09:32 PM
GOOD FRIDAY 6th OF APRIL 2012
WEDNESDAY THE 4TH TILL ??

AB
13th March 2011, 09:33 PM
GOOD FRIDAY 6th OF APRIL 2012

Cheers mate thought I was going mad!

Yeah so the Wednesday is my birthday which will be a good first day catch up...lol...Drinks will be flowing already!

Sir Roofy
13th March 2011, 09:40 PM
cheers mate thought i was going mad!

Yeah so the wednesday is my birthday which will be a good first day catch up...lol...drinks will be flowing already!
see if we can have that birthday drink on the wednesday then

big_fletch
13th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Cheers mate thought I was going mad!

Yeah so the Wednesday is my birthday which will be a good first day catch up...lol...Drinks will be flowing already!

Haha ill have a few birthday drinks with you AB, for a good cause

Sir Roofy
13th March 2011, 10:36 PM
haha ill have a few birthday drinks with you ab, for a good cause

hey there big fella be up your way next week going to cobram

big_fletch
14th March 2011, 07:11 PM
hey there big fella be up your way next week going to cobram

Oh k awesome stuff mate, how long you up there for?

Sir Roofy
14th March 2011, 07:40 PM
Oh k awesome stuff mate, how long you up there for?

5 nites mate hope to catch up by then

big_fletch
14th March 2011, 07:59 PM
5 nites mate hope to catch up by then

Yer mate shouldn't be a problem at all

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 08:23 PM
We're doing about 17-19 days in total and planned on being at Loveday for a minimum of 3 nights ...

AB
18th March 2011, 12:36 PM
planned on being at Loveday for a minimum of 3 nights ...

Only 3 nights Scotty....Does that leave us enough time to plan our pranks and put them into action???....lol

Bigrig
18th March 2011, 01:22 PM
Only 3 nights Scotty....Does that leave us enough time to plan our pranks and put them into action???....lol

"Minimum 3 nights" old mate - more than likely will require that time just to warm into it and get the shinnanigans started!!! LOL

wildgu6
1st May 2011, 01:20 PM
Loveday has no mercy on any vehicle......lol Had a ball and will post some pics and flix when i get them sortd. and yes I got battle wounds.

Why is it that what us blokes see as great fun and excitment, woman call it bl**** stupidity.......LMFAO

growler2058
1st May 2011, 02:03 PM
Loveday has no mercy on any vehicle......lol Had a ball and will post some pics and flix when i get them sortd. and yes I got battle wounds.

Why is it that what us blokes see as great fun and excitment, woman call it bl**** stupidity.......LMFAO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good onya mate a coupla war stories for round the fire and forum excellant job

AB
1st May 2011, 08:16 PM

Can't wait to get up there next year. My brother is up there now at a station only 15 minutes away from Loveday. I was trying to get up there this Easter trip but too many things to do back home before I go back to work tomorrow.

twiggsy
26th August 2011, 03:20 PM
hittin love day up on sunday, first time in the troll, been there in my old 4bi so cant wait to take the troll round, then when i get some mods done soon ill be able to really see how she goes next time round. pumped.

AB
26th August 2011, 03:46 PM
hittin love day up on sunday, first time in the troll, been there in my old 4bi so cant wait to take the troll round, then when i get some mods done soon ill be able to really see how she goes next time round. pumped.

Take some photos for us please mate!!

twiggsy
26th August 2011, 05:44 PM
yeah mate for sure will do

growler2058
26th August 2011, 07:26 PM
The trolls gunna eat it up mate woo hoo. my first few trips there were in the "other" brand, killed the lo lux there hahahahahahaha but a whole new story in me Troll

twiggsy
26th August 2011, 08:09 PM
yeah last time i went i was in my triton and that was great but lookin forward to what a real 4wd will be able to do as opposed to the ute. the troll is alot heavier but everywhere i have driven it has done wonders so bring it on!!!!

Softy
27th August 2011, 07:18 AM
Loved the videos, can't wait to get out there!

-ET 4wd-
17th September 2011, 01:42 AM
I hve a very close relationship with Loveday!
Me and few of the boys from the club put in all the irrigation for the comp track and for the Tavern lawns.
All of the fencing up there around the Tavern and the comp track and the camp area out the back was done by my back....it still hurts to think of it! hehehe
Old Shady is a BIG campsite and one of the good one's, it is only beaten by Hills campsite, the only palce on the property you can camp and not see the sun directly from the time it comes up till the time it goes down!
I have lotsa pic's of Loveday's tracks and campspots, and if it's OK i would like to tag along on the forum trip if that is OK, i can bring my GU ute or my badly disguised GQ Xtra cab.
Let me know if ya want some pics and i will go through my collection and see if i have some of what ya want.

Steve.

growler2058
17th September 2011, 04:52 AM
Go hard with the piccies mate an your more than welcome to come along the more the merrier should be a flood of trolls down Loveday over Easter be good ta see

Maxhead
17th September 2011, 07:57 AM
I hve a very close relationship with Loveday!
Me and few of the boys from the club put in all the irrigation for the comp track and for the Tavern lawns.
All of the fencing up there around the Tavern and the comp track and the camp area out the back was done by my back....it still hurts to think of it! hehehe
Old Shady is a BIG campsite and one of the good one's, it is only beaten by Hills campsite, the only palce on the property you can camp and not see the sun directly from the time it comes up till the time it goes down!
I have lotsa pic's of Loveday's tracks and campspots, and if it's OK i would like to tag along on the forum trip if that is OK, i can bring my GU ute or my badly disguised GQ Xtra cab.
Let me know if ya want some pics and i will go through my collection and see if i have some of what ya want.

Steve.

Definitely put up lots of pics mate, the more the better. In case you haven't noticed this forum loves pics...LOL

Bigrig
17th September 2011, 08:13 AM
As said mate - throw up the happy snaps and be great if you can make the trip!!

AB
18th September 2011, 07:32 PM
Look forward to the pics mate, sounds good!

growler2058
3rd October 2011, 08:57 PM
Sorry guys n gals only had the iphone at this point.....Any who this is ol' Shady its the site booked for next years NATIONAL MEETUP

AB
3rd October 2011, 08:59 PM
ARRRRR, I'm there....lol

Can't wait for Easter, only 181 days, 3 hours. 30 minutes and 51 seconds to go...

50 seconds...

49 seconds...

48 seconds...

growler2058
3rd October 2011, 08:59 PM
Couple More

growler2058
3rd October 2011, 09:02 PM
Try again...

growler2058
3rd October 2011, 09:30 PM
These are at campsite "woody" another top site very tight to get to unlike "ol shady" plenty of room for vans etc. Theres pics here of canoe trees, these are trees the Aboriginals cut canoes out of. Ones dead but the other is still going all these years later. Also water lines on trees where the recent floods rose to!

nowoolies
3rd October 2011, 09:47 PM
thanks for the piccies .......we luv piccies
now got any more hahahahahahaha

growler2058
3rd October 2011, 10:03 PM
thanks for the piccies .......we luv piccies
now got any more hahahahahahaha

Well it just so happens and vids to come too 8685

Hahahhahaha typical ay!?

nowoolies
3rd October 2011, 10:07 PM
Well it just so happens and vids to come too 8685

Hahahhahaha typical ay!?

waitin waitin waitin hahahahahaha hurry up mate christmas is nearly here hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

growler2058
3rd October 2011, 10:11 PM
I'm gunna av ta make ya wait mate....the ol daylight savings given me a headache I'll try for tomorra:-)

-ET 4wd-
4th October 2011, 01:46 AM
Hell! so woody has dried out!! Wow!!!
That was one of the first places we put yabbie nets out in me tinnie!
Were you up the pump shed end or the ruin end growler?
Oh and told ya 'Old Shady was a big site!!;)

Steve.

Oh if ya were up the ruin end i have a few pics of the place underwater from the floods if ya want me to put them up?

growler2058
4th October 2011, 05:48 AM
Hell! so woody has dried out!! Wow!!!
That was one of the first places we put yabbie nets out in me tinnie!
Were you up the pump shed end or the ruin end growler?
Oh and told ya 'Old Shady was a big site!!;)

Steve.

Oh if ya were up the ruin end i have a few pics of the place underwater from the floods if ya want me to put them up?

Yeah down the ruin end can see the water line onthe trees for how high it got!

-ET 4wd-
4th October 2011, 02:37 PM
Here ya go growler, this is before it really came up high!
One of the entrys to the 'Woddy campsite right next to the ruin,
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/et4wd/loveday2010014RS.jpg

Heres a pic of me and my GU goin through the creek on the gasline track ( you would have either gone through this or around it over a bridge to the right on ya way to 'Old Shady')
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/et4wd/loveday2010026RS.jpg

And here is a incar pic 3 days later, it got a bit deeper by then!
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/et4wd/loveday2010075RS.jpg

Will see if i can find some more later,

Steve.

Sir Roofy
4th October 2011, 07:15 PM
Good shots there mate hope your others are good too

growler2058
4th October 2011, 09:53 PM
I went for a wander yesterday mornin and was spun out by how far the water reached. Tony only told us after where we shoulda hit the yabby nets with! And ta hire a canoe hahaaha bless his heart hahahahHHAa

Clunk
4th October 2011, 09:59 PM
fantastic shots there guys, looks like a great place

NissanGQ4.2
12th December 2011, 09:26 PM
This from there face book status:

"would you believe it... apparently the tavern is not up to scratch and needs to be pulled down. Government departments and all their rules hell bent on making sure no one ever earns any money"

what a load of bs!

growler2058
12th December 2011, 09:30 PM
Yep theyre effen him over big time @rseholes

NissanGQ4.2
12th December 2011, 09:59 PM
Yep theyre effen him over big time @rseholes

Yeh I have read all the comments, effen him over big time all right, he even says something about needing 2 build 5 disabled parking spots! What a joke

growler2058
12th December 2011, 10:10 PM
I spoke to him over the oct long weekend. Needs disabled access behind the effen bar that only he and the volunteers serve behind none of which are in wheel chairs. Some fu$&wit in a suit trying to justify there obscene income no doubt and screwing over the Aussie battler. Soon they'll want the whole joint in bitumen co$&heads sorry snuff from me but this sorta thing totally jacks me!!!

Sanouske
27th June 2013, 12:40 AM
Very keen to get out here. Just need a few mates to double/tripple up with.

Sanouske
27th June 2013, 12:46 AM
I spoke to him over the oct long weekend. Needs disabled access behind the effen bar that only he and the volunteers serve behind none of which are in wheel chairs. Some fu$&wit in a suit trying to justify there obscene income no doubt and screwing over the Aussie battler. Soon they'll want the whole joint in bitumen co$&heads sorry snuff from me but this sorta thing totally jacks me!!!

Unfortunately theyre everywhere, the more popular an event or place the more unwelcome attention. I find these ideas a little humourous as for how many years has the business been going with out ramps, and how many times have there been a need for them... prob never.

Prime, public areas, yeah sure, good idea. Great. All for it. 4x4 park, yeah nah...