PDA

View Full Version : White snorkel wanted

emm
20th October 2013, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone,
I have just had a white arb bull bar fitted and the other day I saw a white snorkel on a 200 series landcruiser which looked awesome - really well hidden and didn't stand out at all.
Does anyone know who offers them?
Thanks in anticipation,
Em

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

First Patrol
20th October 2013, 08:36 PM
Not seen one advertised mate but a can of spray paint will prob do the trick
Cheers

happygu
20th October 2013, 08:39 PM
Em,

I would see a panel beater and get their opinion, as they would first need to apply a plastic primer to make the paint stick, and then top coat it with the colour of your choice. Can't just paint directly onto the plastic, as it will flake off, and it won't bond

I wouldn't think it would cost any more than $200 - $300 to have this done professionally.

Mic

Winnie
20th October 2013, 08:40 PM
Was it like a safari plastic one or was it stainless or something? A mate of mine got his made by the local exhaust shop and powder coated it black, you could do the same white.

First Patrol
20th October 2013, 09:09 PM
Exactly, mate I didn't mean just paint straight from bunnings it's do able but the custom finish will take some research. It can be done!!!

kevin07
20th October 2013, 11:24 PM
go see your local car paint shop supplier he will have it sitting on the shelf waiting for you

emm
23rd October 2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks everyone, definately wasn't plastic, might have been stainless steel painted... Will keep looking..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Winnie
23rd October 2013, 02:14 PM
Contact Millweld, they do the stainless snorkels off the shelf and will powdercoat to your needs.

http://www.millweld.com/a/Stainless_Steel_Snorkels