PDA

View Full Version : Winch have a look at this thing

kevin07
18th October 2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12-VOLT-4X4-WINCH-PRESSURE-WASHER-AIR-COMPRESSOR-SYNTHETIC-ROPE-ALL-IN-1-/111187347191?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e34846f7

trekster
18th October 2013, 09:36 PM
Interesting, but I wonder how long it would last perform any of those functions!

Cheers,
Eric.

Hodge
18th October 2013, 09:44 PM
China special. I would definitely trust my car hanging off that quality winch.

Woof
18th October 2013, 10:08 PM
At least you get a 3 month warranty...lol

megatexture
18th October 2013, 10:28 PM
Lmao 3 months, by the time it gets shipped to you it will be out of warranty lol

kevin07
19th October 2013, 10:40 AM
now im not trying to sell this item but the negative comments astounds me what we have is a lot of bagging without any justification. this seller is in Victoria so is bound by warranty for Australia contrary to anything offered. so therefore I thought that what was discussed in a thread on here was that we would not go around slamming people products or whatever without justification. just for the record I have NO affiliation with this company whatsoever only found it whilst cruising ebay. KEV

the ferret
19th October 2013, 10:55 AM
The idea is very good, a lot of things to go wrong, too cheap, lets wait n see how they perform, I like things to be simple.
Cheers, the ferret.

Hodge
19th October 2013, 11:03 AM
No slamming, or negativity intended against the seller. I was more pointing to the product, and offering my opinion about it, not the seller.
Winch is one of those items you stick on your 4x4, that is trusted to be reliable and of quality. Your whole car, and potentially humans in it, may be hanging of it. Unfortunately it's also one of those things, where you definitely get what you pay for. IMO I would not trust this winch. Especially claiming to be a 12000 pound.
3 times so far I've been in a case where one of the cars in our convoy has been stranded due to a cheapo winch. No brands named, but twice it was a winch installed, and upon first few uses it, seized up. What pissed me off the most, was those people had $50k cars, loaded with top shelf 4x4 gear, yet they went cheapo on a winch...
No offence intended. Just my 2c.
Eric.

Clunk
19th October 2013, 11:33 AM
Irrespective of the cheapness and what not, would be interesting to see a vid of it in action

First Patrol
19th October 2013, 09:05 PM
I also been looking at this product as a rear winch, but as everyone is saying I'll wait to see the test of time. It's the old saying mate that you get what you pay for.
Cheers