PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tanks on Petrol GQ

Tonka_PatroL96
18th October 2013, 08:31 PM
Hey just wondering, does anyone know if the fuel tanks on all the GQ patrols are the same???? I have a diesel and converting it to the RB30

BigRAWesty
19th October 2013, 09:03 AM
Pretty sure they are. Why do you need to change it? Just was it out, it'll run a little oilly for the first couple but won't hurt anything..
The diesels don't have pumps in the tanks, so just add an inline one.

Tonka_PatroL96
20th October 2013, 08:45 PM
I wanted to change it so I wouldn't get those first oily starts!!!!! But yeah I'll have a think about it

BigRAWesty
21st October 2013, 10:02 AM
It's only for the first tank.. And that was no clean lol.
If you remove it and slosh some petty in it I'm sure it'll be fine..

Tonka_PatroL96
22nd October 2013, 06:31 PM
Ah yeah the lines shouldn't be bad!! What do you mean by inline fuel pump??? Sorry!!! I know done things but yeah not a lot.....!!!! Did you also change your engine mounts???? Or use the same ones

BigRAWesty
22nd October 2013, 07:40 PM
I haven't change but a club member did a 2.8 to vs1 conversion.
I'm not familiar with the rb30 engine. Does it have a mechanical fuel pump like the tb42?
If it doesn't I'd say you'd need a fuel pump. So instead of stuffing around fitting an In tank pump fit an in line pump to supply fuel.
Mate who did the ls1 added an inline pump.. Not very expensive.

Tonka_PatroL96
22nd October 2013, 08:27 PM
Ah okay yeah I'm not too familiar with the RB30 yet either I'm learning as I read more about it and other threads people have posted but cheers

BigRAWesty
22nd October 2013, 10:40 PM
Just had a though with your other loom thread, the rb30 is a skyline motor so no pump built in.
If you shop around it seems Stock pumps good for 500 hp are around the $180 mark.
Ofcourse you can go cheaper for less pressure.
If you go efi then you will need the bigger pump to supply the Fuel rails up to pressure..
I'm sure it's all adjustable..

Looking at a turbo??

Tonka_PatroL96
22nd October 2013, 11:56 PM
Yeah it's a skyline motor, and thanks for that no need to look it up but ha.!!!!! Yes most definitely will bolt a turbo onto it!!!! I work with a guy that drifts and can get parts for me hopefully, shouldn't cost too much to do

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 12:41 AM
Yea it seams a lot of stock parts floating around from vl turbos and skylines.. And Its a very competitive aftermarket battle to which helps lower prices..
What sorta power you looking at? 250??