PDA

View Full Version : Ready for next year ? Am making plans...

Rolly1746
18th October 2013, 05:35 AM
Hi guys,

I’m a big fan of 4wdTV and Your4x4, I watch both on Youtube, here in Worcester in the UK !!

I’m lucky enough to be planning a trip down to Australia next year, probably for the whole of May and am looking to put a plan together. I'm hoping to join a local 4x4 club/event/group for a weekend or even a week’s expedition. I’m a “traveller” rather than a “tourist” and would never hook up with an official tour company, but spending some time with guys who would be out in the bush off-roading anyway, is my kind of fun!

I’d love an Nissan GQ 4.2TD but right now I drive a Nissan Navara D40 as my everyday truck and have an old Landrover SIII 88” for playing in the mud. I am not new to 4x4, but am well impressed with the Aussie set up – you guys know how to do it properly !!

My plan is to arrive in Brisbane approx. 1st May and spend two weeks exploring, before my girlfriend arrives in Melbourne, on the 15th, we’ll then travel back up the coast, through the Victoria High Country, Snowy Mountains and Sydney up to Brisbane. Any time during those first two weeks of May, I could plan to join a local 4x4 club/event and could get to pretty much anywhere between Brisbane and Melbourne… I'll be borrowing an old ute of a mate of mine in Brisbane.

I guess an absolute perfect solution would be if someone is planning to put together an expedition going in to the High Country, out towards the “Red Centre” or even up towards the northeast of QLD and would let me join.

The headache is I won’t have a 4x4 as, well basically, I can’t afford to hire one for so long, but am more than happy to put-in for fuel and fill up the eski !! :D

Anyone interest, please get in touch and as I said, I'm no tourist, am a farm-boy used to making a plan in scrub...Thanks

Rolly Whatton

Based in Malvern, Worcestershire, UK

AB
18th October 2013, 05:48 AM
Mate, It's a shame you can't change the date to July next year for our national meet up in the Simpson Desert. That would of been a huge eye opener for you!!!

First Patrol
18th October 2013, 06:20 AM
Hey AB when is the meetup for Simpson? How long is it for? Is there a thread here about it? I'm 100% keen to tag along!!!!

threedogs
18th October 2013, 07:22 AM
256 days to go, check menu for meet ups etc

04OFF
18th October 2013, 08:06 AM
Mate, if you get no luck on a decent trip, bump this post about 2-3 weeks before you come to bris, ill see if we cant at least organise someone to take you up the beach or somewhere "off rd" for a day, even if you meet us at Bribie Island and jump in our car for the off road bit, e.g., drive up the beach.