PDA

View Full Version : High beams

kris
16th January 2011, 07:06 PM
Hay anyone got any idea on where to start, my high beam on the passenger side wont work, but it works on the drivers side, i replaced the lights and it still wont work, ive tried to track back the wiring and it just goes into something really confusing.:

YNOT
16th January 2011, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the forum Kris, always nice to post an intro before asking questions.

The head lights are controlled directly by the combination switch, so the fault may be in the switch itself. Use a multimeter to check if there is power getting to the bulb. If you are not getting power to the bulb I would be making or buying a complete headlight/spotlight wiring loom with relays. It will fix the problem and let the headlights bulbs get full power so they will be brighter.

Tony

the evil twin
16th January 2011, 09:20 PM
GQ I assume...

If so it will probably be the Stalk switch (as YNOT mentioned). Very common fault. A lot of guys get them going again by pulling the stalk apart and cleaning but it can be fiddly.

I also recommend upgrading the loom to the headlights... it often makes a noticeable difference and stops the stalk switch problem getting worse