PDA

View Full Version : Expressions of interest for a B/Q & 4x4 fun day at Friday Creek (Coffs-Harbour)

PMC
14th October 2013, 09:51 PM
G'day folks,

I am looking to see if anybody would like to be part of a 4x4 fun day and B/Q at the tracks around Friday Creek (Coffs Harbour). I will organise Kev Smith to plan our day again. He is such a good lad.

After playing around the numerous tracks, we will end up with a B/Q and swim at the local waterfalls and swimming holes around the Friday Creek area. The following is a copy of Kevs book with all the famous tracks around Coffs Harbour.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u434/RLI1/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1651.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/RLI1/media/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1651.jpg.html)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u434/RLI1/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1652.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/RLI1/media/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1652.jpg.html)

I am looking at some time in November, what do you think? That way I should be of all the medication by then.

PS, I await your advice! Don't forget your cameras, this place is absolutely fantastic

RLI
:icon_driving:

trekster
14th October 2013, 11:24 PM
Dingo creek is a great spot to have a swim and a bite to eat, the spot in this photo is only about 150m off the bitumen, the swing is good fun too!

I want to find as many water holes/swimming areas for the kids as possible so if Kev knows more then I'm all good to go!

I've driven out to the small waterfall near the end of Frontage creek road which takes you up to the Peak trail, One day I will drive Peak trail!

Cheers,
Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

megatexture
14th October 2013, 11:26 PM
I might have to pass on the BBQ but is the book a good read ? If so I might have to look it up.

NP99
14th October 2013, 11:59 PM
No one will be disappointed.

megatexture
15th October 2013, 12:32 AM
I'd love to go as I've never been to coffs but I don't think work will permit:mad: but ill take a raincheck lmao

NP99
15th October 2013, 01:07 AM
I'd love to go as I've never been to coffs but I don't think work will permit:mad: but ill take a raincheck lmao

It's hard to see Qld as paradise once you have been there mega :)

pbk1776
15th October 2013, 06:09 AM
If plan late November I might be able to come for a weekend

trekster
15th October 2013, 06:52 AM
I might have to pass on the BBQ but is the book a good read ? If so I might have to look it up.

Its only on Coffs and the surrounds mate, But for locals it is a great book of info and tracks, Kev made it himself and all the tracks etc have map locations and everything!

Cheers,
Eric.

macca
15th October 2013, 07:03 AM
RLI can you PM me your phone number please, I would like to have a yarn to you about this trip idea.

Astro
15th October 2013, 11:57 AM
Sure, never been up Friday's Creek.

Sundays only for me during summer, cricket occupies the Saturdays for us.

PMC
15th October 2013, 01:15 PM

G'day megatexture,

It certainly is, plus you will get Kevs help any time you are in the Coffs Harbour area. His knowledge of the area from Port Macquarie to Yamba 120ks north of Coffs and Glen Innes 200ks west of Coffs is outstanding. Plus he knows all the good Camp spots.

PS, tell him RLI (Paul) referred you, so you can receive a discount!

Regards,

Paul

PMC
15th October 2013, 01:23 PM
G'day foks,

My advice is you intend on traveling to my back-yard,contact a friend of mine Kev Smith from Coffs 4WD Tours on 0439 648 248 or 02 6652-4899. Tell him Paul (RLI) from this forum told you to call for advice where play and visit.

Kevin has produced a book titled Coffs Coast 4WD Destinations. Compulsive reading if you intend playing around this beautiful location! Coast about $30.00. Mention me to either Kevin or Mark to see if they will give you a discount/increase on the book!

Kevin has appeared on a few of the 4x4 action DVD's over the years with Roothy and the 4x4 action gang! Kevin is also a regular contributor to various Camping and 4x4 magazines. A dead-set fair-dinkum bloke!

PS, Keep an eye out for Kevin s camping articles of the Mid/North coast of NSW. Great reading, packed with heaps of info.

Regards,

Paul

PMC
15th October 2013, 01:24 PM
If plan late November I might be able to come for a weekend

G'day pbk1776,

Sounds like a plan!

Regards,

RLI

PMC
15th October 2013, 01:26 PM
Sure, never been up Friday's Creek.

Sundays only for me during summer, cricket occupies the Saturdays for us.

OK, Steve just for you, we will make it a Sunday!

PS, Fark the cricket!

Regards,

Paul

lhurley
15th October 2013, 03:34 PM

PS, Fark the cricket!

Regards,

Paul

If it is a sunday and i can get enough o/t in between now and then i wouldnt mind trying to get down there. We spent the good part of a day in coffs when we went to melb in august, and i want to see more of it.

trekster
15th October 2013, 06:53 PM

Well then if we find any massive bogholes then Steve has to drive them :)

PMC
15th October 2013, 06:55 PM

G'day trekster,

Yes, i have to agree with you there. lol

Regards,

RLI

PMC
15th October 2013, 06:56 PM
If it is a sunday and i can get enough o/t in between now and then i wouldnt mind trying to get down there. We spent the good part of a day in coffs when we went to melb in august, and i want to see more of it.

G'day lhurley,

It will be a Sunday for the Friday Creek B/Q and swimming.

Regards,

RLI

Astro
15th October 2013, 07:30 PM
I knew you'd see it my way.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Astro
15th October 2013, 08:41 PM

No fun in being bogged in bogholes, unless you're in a 2.8 and get to feel the power of a 4.2 on the end of a snatch strap haha

trekster
15th October 2013, 09:47 PM
No fun in being bogged in bogholes, unless you're in a 2.8 and get to feel the power of a 4.2 on the end of a snatch strap haha

Oh we didnt say anything about pulling you out :P

First Patrol
15th October 2013, 09:50 PM

Very true statement lmao

PMC
17th October 2013, 09:11 PM
G'day Trendsetter,

If it is OK with you folks, this trip will be a goer on Sunday the 24th November! Kick off at 9.00am at a location to be announced!

PS, can i get a possible head count please!

Regards,

RLI

trekster
17th October 2013, 09:38 PM
Paul, all going well we will be there,

Also will speak to the outlaws when they get back from Ellenborough, Also have a mate with a Navara same as my family got 2 small kids and they love coming out bush with us, Will see if he would like to tag along too if thats ok?

Cheers,
Eric.

Astro
18th October 2013, 04:00 PM
We will be there if you're providing lunch

hekarewe
18th October 2013, 05:47 PM
was hoping this would fall on a Saturday that way i would have a chance of getting there

by the by how does one get a copy of Kevs book of tracks around coffs

trekster
18th October 2013, 08:25 PM

You get it at the local TJM store here in Coffs, If you're keen for one let me know I'll go see if they have some left and I can buy it and send it to you and you reimburse me.

Cheers,
Eric.

PMC
18th October 2013, 08:40 PM
was hoping this would fall on a Saturday that way i would have a chance of getting there

G'day mate,

Give Kev a call on his business number 0439 648 248! Tell Paul (RLI) referred you and he will give you 10% of the book. He will mail you a copy for just local postage cost!

Regards,

Paul

PMC
18th October 2013, 08:43 PM
We will be there if you're providing lunch

G'day mate,

You are always thinking of you're guts. lol

Regards,

Paul

trekster
18th October 2013, 08:43 PM
Paul, all going well we will be there,

Also will speak to the outlaws when they get back from Ellenborough, Also have a mate with a Navara same as my family got 2 small kids and they love coming out bush with us, Will see if he would like to tag along too if thats ok?

Paul did you see this above?

Cheers,
Eric.

NP99
18th October 2013, 10:58 PM
G'day Trendsetter,

If it is OK with you folks, this trip will be a goer on Sunday the 24th November! Kick off at 9.00am at a location to be announced!

PS, can i get a possible head count please!

Regards,

RLI

Hey Paul
Donna and I are flying to Sydney that weekend, look forward to the next one. Also parcel left Brisbane today!

PMC
19th October 2013, 07:44 AM
Paul did you see this above?

Cheers,
Eric.

G'day Eric,

Sorry mate, looking forward to meeting your in-laws again, great folks, also looking forward to the Navara crew!

Regards,

Paul

PMC
19th October 2013, 07:46 AM
Hey Paul
Donna and I are flying to Sydney that weekend, look forward to the next one. Also parcel left Brisbane today!

G'day NP99,

Not a problem mate, looking forward to showing you some top fishing spots when you come down next.

PS, thanks for the parcel!

Regards,

Paul

NP99
20th October 2013, 09:20 PM
Maybe that guy in the jeep that gave Kev some lip could tag along :)

nissannewby
20th October 2013, 11:27 PM
I can make it :). 2 camping trips on consecutive weekends :).

trekster
2nd November 2013, 08:47 PM
Can't wait for this mofo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMC
2nd November 2013, 10:03 PM
Please explain?

Pauline Hanson!

trekster
2nd November 2013, 10:13 PM
I can't wait for this mother@#^@&*^@'s!!!!!!

Gonna be a great day! I've been talking to the fella around the corner who has a blue gu 3l, he has recently signed up here so I've shown him this thread and he might be interested in coming out too!

Cheers,
Eric.

NP99
2nd November 2013, 10:16 PM
I can't wait for this mother@#^@&*^@'s!!!!!!

Gonna be a great day! I've been talking to the fella around the corner who has a blue gu 3l, he has recently signed up here so I've shown him this thread and he might be interested in coming out too!

Cheers,
Eric.

Your own recovery team mate.......:)

nissannewby
11th November 2013, 10:21 PM
I can make it :). 2 camping trips on consecutive weekends :).

I can't make it forgot it's the girls birthday that weekend, the camping trip the weekend before has also been canned.

PMC
12th November 2013, 10:13 AM
I can't make it forgot it's the girls birthday that weekend, the camping trip the weekend before has also been canned.

G'day folks,

At this stage i too might not be able to make it due to ill-health.

Regards,

Paul

trekster
13th November 2013, 09:37 PM
Paul! I will give you a buzz tomorrow night!

Cheers,
Eric.