PDA

View Full Version : Manual Torque convertor lockup

NewDan
9th October 2013, 02:13 AM
Hey all, Im Picking up a 2007 GU next week that has a manual torque convertor lockup switch.
I have been told by someone that the manual lockup cannot be used in 1st, does anyone know if this is true.
Thanks Dan

megatexture
9th October 2013, 07:45 AM
Cant speak from experience but if you Select first it wont change up a gear on you so theres no need , or are you inquiring regarding using it for hill decents

NissanGQ4.2
9th October 2013, 08:26 AM
Dan, read Kris's thread: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?7069-Manual-Torque-Converter-Lockup/

I'm not sure if it has the info you're after. I'm pretty sure it has been covered on here somewhere in a thread, just a matter of searching and finding it.

Could also PM Chaz with your question ( his name will come up in the link provided ), I'm sure he will be able to advise you

Cheers

Toddie

threedogs
9th October 2013, 08:33 AM
It utilizes a momentary "OFF" button on the foot rest to prevent it stalling at idle,
Drew has this system fitted as well I think, for towing

Drew
9th October 2013, 10:14 AM
The foot switch is to engage it but also allows you to hold it down while touching the brake for descents. Never done it though.

For some reason I think I've read that it won't engage in first but could be wrong.

I don't engage mine unless I've got the revs. Below 2000rpm and the chances are the tcu throws an error (the scan gauge clears that). It used to show the engine light but hasn't for sometime.

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

NewDan
9th October 2013, 10:53 AM
Yes megatexture, Im thinking mainly for the really steep hill decents