PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Fast / E-Fast Software Download

NissanGQ4.2
15th January 2011, 08:14 AM
About E-Fast for Windows

E-FAST helps you find parts needed for Nissan vehicles and create parts lists to be printed or transferred to your in-house computer system. After you find needed parts and create a parts list, you can save it and later restore it for recommended maintenance or any other common service.

Parts for most pre-1979 models are available in E-FAST.

About Fast For Windows

FAST for Windows helps you find parts needed for Nissan vehicles and create parts lists to be printed or transferred to your in-house computer system. After you find needed parts and create a parts list, you can save it and later restore it for recommended maintenance, a service campaign or when a kit isn't available.

Parts for most models manufactured since 1979 are available in FAST

Enjoy!

Todd

Edit 24/07/2014

Before downloading this software be WARNED

About a year ago my virus program picked up one of the files in the setup zip file as containing a virus, hence why this thread disappeared. I have been running this program for years without any known virus issues. I downloaded the setup files again tonight and they came back clean.

So download at own risk and make sure you virus scan before installing

Above will open a pdf file that list the various catalogs and file sizes

A Big thanks goes to Dmitrijs_Riga (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?615-Dmitrijs_Riga) for the original Australian AR Catalog

NissanGQ4.2
15th January 2011, 02:10 PM
These instructions should hopefully get the Nissan Fast System up and running for you.

There are a few steps to installing Nissan Fast, I will do my best to explain, sorry if i get you completely lost, but that's what i get paid 2 do

Step 1 - Program Installation

1. In Windows Explorer or My Computer locate the AR.zip file you downloaded and extract the file to a Temp location. For this example i will use:
C:\Temp\
2. After the file has been extracted locate this directory
C:\TEMP\AR\FASTPRG\WIN2000\SETUP
3. Execute the Setup.EXE file

4. You will be prompted to choose a destination folder
I will leave this as the default C:\Nissan

Select Next
5. You will then be prompted to Start Installation
Select Next
6. It will then install, when the Install completes it will come back a prompt “Installation Complete”
Select Finish
Step 2 - Check That The Installation Worked

1. There will now be a short cut placed some where on the windows task-bar, called Nissan Menu

2. Select the short cut Nissan Menu
This will open the Nissan Fast Menu

3. Select any of the icons in the menu, it should come up with an Error Message

4. Select OK

5. Select Quit

Step 3 – Copy the Nissan Fast Catalogs

1. In Windows Explorer or My Computer locate the C:\TEMP\AR directory.

2. Copy the AR Folder to C:\NISSAN

Step 4 – Setting The CD ROM Setup

1. In Windows Explorer or My Computer locate the C:\Nissan directory

2. Locate the file NFSET.EXE and Execute

This will bring up the FastSet Nissan Fast for Windows NFSET menu

3. Select the CD-ROM SETUP TAB

4. Make sure Drive 1 is highlighted and select Browse, this will open the Browse For Folder window

5. Locate the C:\Nissan\AR folder and single left mouse click on it

6. Select OK

Drive1 should now look like this

4. Select OK

Step 5 - Run Nissan Fast

1. Select the short cut Nissan Menu on the Windows Task Bar

2. If it asks you to run a file called NFUdate.exe select YES, it will then go through an install procedure before opening the Nissan Fast Menu

3. Select the Fast System Icon

This will open the Main Nissan Fast Window

If you have AR 1 showing then you have the Australian Catalog working, now you can sit back and have a few :trink13::trink13::trink13::trink13:

*NOTE - Known Issues *

1. If you run the E-Fast System and get a tdbg6.ocx error - you will need to download this file (http://rapidshare.com/files/442999076/tdbg6.ocx) into the C:\Nissan Directory

2. If running a 64bit operation system, you will have to run it in XP Compatibility mode for E-Fast to work or you will still get a tdbg6.ocx error

mike
15th January 2011, 09:00 PM
that last bits what i think im missin

Dhuck
16th January 2011, 12:16 AM
I have got e-fast to work. The file tdbg6.ocx is required to be placed in the install directory. However there is no patrols. Here is a screeny of E-fast. But still working on it.

NissanGQ4.2
16th January 2011, 03:44 PM
I have got e-fast to work. The file tdbg6.ocx is required to be placed in the install directory. However there is no patrols. Here is a screeny of E-fast. But still working on it.

Thanks mate, as far as I'm aware E-Fast is only for Early model Nissans so might not cover the patrols. But I'm only taking a guess on that, only new to Nissan Fast and E-Fast, so learning as i go :)

Dhuck
16th January 2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks mate, as far as I'm aware E-Fast is only for Early model Nissans so might not cover the patrols. But I'm only taking a guess on that, only new to Nissan Fast and E-Fast, so learning as i go :)

Makes 2 of us buddy.

NissanGQ4.2
17th January 2011, 05:11 PM

Thanks again Dhuck, I owe you a beer. Why are you using E-fast anyway, If you can't get your info from the Fast System, u certainly won't get it from E-Fast

Dmitrijs_Riga
17th January 2011, 08:16 PM
Why you need E-FAST? As I know it's for oldtimers only... like MQ/MK models and older. All Patrols GQ/GU in FAST system.

Dhuck
17th January 2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks again Dhuck, I owe you a beer. Why are you using E-fast anyway, If you can't get your info from the Fast System, u certainly won't get it from E-Fast

Beer sounds good. I am an IT freak (not geek) and will try just about any software to see what it does or how it works. Besides I do have an N13 Pulsar as well as several other cars (not Nissan).

Dirtydog16
18th February 2012, 04:12 PM
I did notice that windows 7 is not mentioned above. has anyone tried a win 7 install yet? Or does anyone know if I need a patch to work with win 7 or if i need to run win 7 backwards in some sort of compatibility mode? I haven't tried to use it yet but am downloading it now and am interested as I only have win 7 on the pc, laptop and netbook here.

NissanGQ4.2
18th February 2012, 06:59 PM
I did notice that windows 7 is not mentioned above. has anyone tried a win 7 install yet? Or does anyone know if I need a patch to work with win 7 or if i need to run win 7 backwards in some sort of compatibility mode? I haven't tried to use it yet but am downloading it now and am interested as I only have win 7 on the pc, laptop and netbook here.

yes it runs in win7 64bit, no drama's at all, it doesn't need 2 run in compatibility mode, so in theory so should work in win7 32 bit

Cheers

Todd

Dirtydog16
18th February 2012, 08:53 PM
yes it runs in win7 64bit, no drama's at all, it doesn't need 2 run in compatibility mode, so in theory so should work in win7 32 bit

Cheers

Todd

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I am running 32 bit so fingers crossed.

Cheers and thanks again.

NissanGQ4.2
18th February 2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I am running 32 bit so fingers crossed.

Cheers and thanks again.

Should work, I run 64bit, and I have been running Nissan Fast with the Australian catalog for a while, about 20mins ago I just finished Installing Nissan Fast again but with some 2010 updated overseas catalogs and works, unfortunately can't find an Australian Catalog newer than 2007 :(

Dirtydog16
18th February 2012, 09:49 PM
Should work, I run 64bit, and I have been running Nissan Fast with the Australian catalog for a while, about 20mins ago I just finished Installing Nissan Fast again but with some 2010 updated overseas catalogs and works, unfortunately can't find an Australian Catalog newer than 2007 :(

Yep works fine.

A bit hard to use and get used too but the part numbers should help a fair bit.

Thanks again.

NissanGQ4.2
18th February 2012, 09:52 PM
Yep works fine.

A bit hard to use and get used too but the part numbers should help a fair bit.

Thanks again.

Yeh not really user friendly, but works and better than nothing I guess

Enjoy

Dirtydog16
19th February 2012, 10:18 AM
definately!

I have always wished I could search for my own parts and just go to Nissan with a parts list for prices cause they are always busy with the phone going and stuff and it is hard asking them to look up 5 to 10 different things.

Thanks again is all I can say.

Dapple
19th February 2012, 03:42 PM
This sounds like the very thing I need to source parts for my GQ so I am looking forward to trying it out.

Biscuits
2nd April 2012, 05:23 PM
Has there been an update to the catalogs available for this yet?

NissanGQ4.2
2nd April 2012, 07:23 PM
For Australia 2007 I believe is the latest.

Other countries are already on 2012 versions

If you want to check if your Patrol is in there before downloading it just PM me your VIN and I will check it for you

Cheers

Todd

davidjones
23rd May 2012, 11:04 PM
Is the software still available to download?

NissanGQ4.2
24th May 2012, 05:37 AM
Is the software still available to download?

Certainly is, you need 2 have 25 posts before you can download software or manuals.

Drop past the intro thread and introduce yourself to the forum, welcome some other new members in, just don't write rubbish all over the place.

P.S: If you don't own a Patrol and can't contribute 2 the forum in that respect, just send me a nice PM and I might be able to arrange something for you later tonight.

Cheers

Todd

perni_a
12th June 2012, 07:49 PM
Surprisingly the latest JAP database seems to be the hardest to get at the moment.

perni_a
12th June 2012, 08:42 PM
And there is a new version 4.60 floating around the net with support for Vista / 7

Winnie
28th July 2012, 09:16 AM
I downloaded the files but cannot find an installer anywhere

Tappa tappa

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2012, 11:01 AM
I downloaded the files but cannot find an installer anywhere

Tappa tappa

Did you read step one in the first post of this thread?

Winnie
28th July 2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah that folder wasn't there. It's possible my download didn't work properly, I'll try it again when I go home on Monday

Tappa tappa

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah that folder wasn't there. It's possible my download didn't work properly, I'll try it again when I go home on Monday

Tappa tappa

Should be there, that's the zip file I used 2 install mine.

If your not in a hurry, hold of on downloading it................currently in the process of trying to get the current version of Nissan Fast on the forum........... not that the Australian catalogue has been updated

Winnie
30th July 2012, 10:23 AM
Got this working now, thanks Todd!

Biscuits
30th July 2012, 06:52 PM
If your not in a hurry, hold of on downloading it................currently in the process of trying to get the current version of Nissan Fast on the forum........... not that the Australian catalogue has been updated

Any word on the new software?

NissanGQ4.2
30th July 2012, 07:00 PM
Any word on the new software?

Yep................5gig and its sittin on my lap top waiting for me to something intelligent with it.

Still have not found an updated Australian catalogue since the one in the first thread, not even sure if it every has been updated. Certainly not in the new version I downloaded :(

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2012, 04:49 PM
Anyone using Nissan fast have this file located in there Nissan Directory "NSFASTW.INI"?????

Winnie
2nd October 2012, 04:58 PM
Nope, mine has "NSFASTKY.INI" though.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2012, 08:05 PM
Nope, mine has "NSFASTKY.INI" though.

Thanks mate,

This is doing my head in!!!!!!

Winnie
2nd October 2012, 08:06 PM
Don't think I'll even bother to ask what you're trying to do, it'll just go straight over my head LMAO! But if you need any other help like that I'm glad to give it a try.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2012, 08:19 PM
Don't think I'll even bother to ask what you're trying to do, it'll just go straight over my head LMAO! But if you need any other help like that I'm glad to give it a try.

hahahhaa, thanks mate.

Just trying to install the 2012 version, installs ok and runs but as soon as I copy the catalogues into the Nissan directory every time I load Nissan-fast nothing happens.

Windows says its loaded in the processors list but not in my app list.

Weird

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2012, 08:38 PM
Sussed it all out, what a sh!t that was!!!

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2012, 08:52 PM
aaarggghhhhhhhh, back 2 the fridge for a beer. This program must be on drugs its seriously f!cjed up

growler2058
2nd October 2012, 08:57 PM
Sussed it all out, what a sh!t that was!!!

Maybe not ay?!? ;-)

Double Tap

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2012, 09:01 PM
Maybe not ay?!? ;-)

its sorta like me, it works when it wants 2 *L*

taslucas
3rd October 2012, 09:26 AM
its sorta like me, it works when it wants 2 *L*

And gets messy too!

Lmao

Tap, crackle, pop

NissanGQ4.2
3rd October 2012, 01:33 PM
And gets messy too!

Lmao

Tap, crackle, pop

yep, very messy

and its still doing my head it!

oxmann
26th November 2012, 09:26 AM
Is there any support for Mac with Nissan Fast......cheers

NissanGQ4.2
26th November 2012, 03:29 PM
Is there any support for Mac with Nissan Fast......cheers

Not that I'm aware of, I've done a lot of searching for Nissan Fast catalogues and have never came across anything that was for MAC, will suss it out for you during the week and see if I can find anything for you.

Cheers

Toddie

lorrieandjas
26th November 2012, 03:56 PM
Hi oxmann - you can run it in a windows virtual machine (using something like Parallels). That's what I use for non-native Mac software.

Jas

NissanGQ4.2
26th November 2012, 04:30 PM
or u could just throw out the junk mac and buy a pc *lmao*

oxmann
27th November 2012, 05:09 AM
That's about the funniest thing I have heard since someone told me a Patrol was better than a Lada "what were they thinking"........* LMAO *

NissanGQ4.2
27th November 2012, 07:06 PM
Hi oxmann - you can run it in a windows virtual machine (using something like Parallels). That's what I use for non-native Mac software.

Jas

oxmann, had a look last night and couldn't find anything that suggest nissan fast was ever released for mac.

All info I came across from others with the same problem, all replies were the same as Jas, which requires you to buy windows.

Cheers

Toddie

NissanGQ4.2
27th November 2012, 07:07 PM
That's about the funniest thing I have heard since someone told me a Patrol was better than a Lada "what were they thinking"........* LMAO *

yet you bought a Patrol *LMAO*

NissanGQ4.2
29th November 2012, 09:15 PM
Ok guys an girls, The install file in in first thread has just been updated.

The download file is a PDF file which will have the links to the Nissan Fast install file and the various catalogues.

This is the list of catalogues we currently have

Australian ( AR1)
Canada ( CA1 )
European RHD and LHD ( ER1 & EL1 )
General RHD and LHD ( GR1 & GL1 - America basically)
Japan - Domestic Japanese Market

If your not sure what catalogue you need PM me your VIN and I will check it for you

I will try and update the install instructions when I get time, its pretty much the same, the only thing I found better than what's in the original instructions is to burn the calogues onto dvd or virtual mount them rather than having them installed on the hard drive.

Any questions, just send me a pm or reply here and I will do my best to answer it for you

Cheers

Toddie

AB
29th November 2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks for your effort in getting this happening mate!!!

NissanGQ4.2
29th November 2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks for your effort in getting this happening mate!!!

No worries mate

And thank you for uploading it all :):):)

compmagician
28th January 2013, 02:11 AM
I'm a ER34 owner and using a very old version FAST for a long time. So I need to keep my 7 years old laptop to run this program. It would be nice if it can have a Mac version.

NissanGQ4.2
28th January 2013, 08:02 AM
I'm a ER34 owner and using a very old version FAST for a long time. So I need to keep my 7 years old laptop to run this program. It would be nice if it can have a Mac version.

As Jas said in post 44: you can run it in a windows virtual machine (using something like Parallels). That's what I use for non-native Mac software.

I use nissan fast in Win7 so no real need to keep your 7 year old laptop, but in saying that you don't need a new computer to run nissan fast

twinotter600
29th January 2013, 12:04 PM
As Jas said in post 44: you can run it in a windows virtual machine (using something like Parallels). That's what I use for non-native Mac software.

I use nissan fast in Win7 so no real need to keep your 7 year old laptop, but in saying that you don't need a new computer to run nissan fast

Are you using the version that can be downloaded in this thread on windows 7?

NissanGQ4.2
29th January 2013, 02:53 PM
Are you using the version that can be downloaded in this thread on windows 7?

Yes running it on my WIN7 64bit laptop with no drama's

If you have any drama's setting it up on a PC / Laptop, just send me a PM and I will try and help you out

Cheers

Todd

pathfinder
14th February 2013, 10:35 PM
Any site where I can just get my hands on the AR folder for the Australian models? Have the FAST program but only European versions

Cheers in advance

twinotter600
14th February 2013, 11:30 PM
Where in the world are you? I have the AR data but I am in Canada.

twinotter600
14th February 2013, 11:44 PM
Any site where I can just get my hands on the AR folder for the Australian models? Have the FAST program but only European versions

Cheers in advance

BTW, the AR1 data is in the first post of this thread.

pathfinder
14th February 2013, 11:45 PM
In Australia and having a hard time finding a version that covers Australian models, any chance you could .zip it and send it through? Would be greatly appreciated

pathfinder
14th February 2013, 11:47 PM
BTW, the AR1 data is in the first post of this thread.

Where is it? all I have seen there is a link for a .pdf file

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2013, 11:53 PM
Where is it? all I have seen there is a link for a .pdf file

once you open the PDF you will have a look to the regional download for Australia. Its the first one. note this is an Australian Forum so we look after ourselves pretty well ;)

I note you only have 16 posts. you download for this and the full factory manuals for all models will be available to you after you have reached 25 posts on this forum.

twinotter600
14th February 2013, 11:54 PM
Yup. Click open and the link is in the PDF file.

Sent from my Shoephone

pathfinder
15th February 2013, 12:03 AM
once you open the PDF you will have a look to the regional download for Australia. Its the first one. note this is an Australian Forum so we look after ourselves pretty well ;)

I note you only have 16 posts. you download for this and the full factory manuals for all models will be available to you after you have reached 25 posts on this forum.

Thanks for the tip about the posts. Manuals I already have so I don't need those but can I get hold of the FAST info through there also?

MudRunnerTD
15th February 2013, 12:08 AM
yes the FAST is in the first post of this thread.

The Manuals that are hosted here are the 1200page Factory manuals not a gregories style. I have the full 1200pages on my computer and on my iPhone ;)

There is a 1200 page manual for the GQ and another for the GU range. we also have the supplement for all engines released in Australia.

Cheers MR

pathfinder
15th February 2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks again. Appreciate the quick responses at this time of night, thought I might be the only one on here but it's amazing who's out there at any time. Still getting used to the whole wide web stuff. Great to have helpful people around to sort out the noobs

Cheers

twinotter600
15th February 2013, 12:29 AM
Yup. Click open and the link is in the PDF file.

Sent from my Shoephone

mudski
25th February 2013, 03:49 PM
O.k with a little help from Tod I got it working on both my 32bit XP netbook and my 64bit Win7 desktop. I didn't need to do anything different for the W7 rig too. Latest version is A1-11/2007 too. Is this correct?

Thanks.

NissanGQ4.2
25th February 2013, 05:57 PM
O.k with a little help from Tod I got it working on both my 32bit XP netbook and my 64bit Win7 desktop. I didn't need to do anything different for the W7 rig too. Latest version is A1-11/2007 too. Is this correct?

Thanks.

To be honest I don't know if it's the latest version for the Australian Catalogue, I have over the years done a lot of searching and can't find anything newer, but in saying that I'm pretty sure I have put in a 2009 GU VIN# and it has returned the correct details of the vehicle..

Good to hear you got it working :)

Cheers

Toddie

stevogq
4th March 2013, 05:47 PM
toddie/ab, im having troubles d/l the link in the pdf

Cheers stevo

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2013, 05:49 PM
toddie/ab, im having troubles d/l the link in the pdf

Cheers stevo

Which link Stevo?????

One for the fast install or the one for the AR catalogue???

stevogq
4th March 2013, 05:51 PM
ive tried all nothing happens ive even tried typing the link into explorer

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2013, 05:57 PM
Not sure what is wrong as I just tested it and it works on my PC, if you click on the "Download Nissan Fast.PDF" in the first thread it will download a PDF file, open it then there will be links to the Fast Install and the AR catalogue, just click on the links and it should work.

Will PM you the direct links anyway, will be in your inbox shortly mate

Cheers

Toddie

stevogq
4th March 2013, 07:20 PM
thanks for your help todd your a legend!!

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2013, 07:29 PM
thanks for your help todd your a legend!!

No worries mate, anytime

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 01:42 PM
Can't this to work!!! Anyone running FAST on their PC That can help me out ASAP

Winnie
26th March 2013, 02:09 PM
Can't this to work!!! Anyone running FAST on their PC That can help me out ASAP

Send toddy a pm mate he is your best chance

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 02:11 PM
Send toddy a pm mate he is your best chance

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

I did and i'm waiting for a reply lol

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2013, 03:36 PM
I did and i'm waiting for a reply lol

sorry mate out n about, wont b home till around 6.30pm, dont think nissan fast shows the diff info but i will have a look, what probs r u having with nissan fast???

NissanGQ4.2
24th July 2014, 08:59 PM
Before downloading this software BE WARNED

About a year ago my virus program picked up one of the files in the setup zip file as containing a virus, hence why this thread disappeared. I have been running this program for years without any known virus issues. I downloaded the setup files again tonight and they came back clean.

So download at own risk and make sure you virus scan before installing

Cheers

Toddie

q6r99
23rd August 2014, 01:23 AM
great !!

I have tried to download it but couldn't

i try only i can get E-fast i want fast

NissanGQ4.2
23rd August 2014, 06:43 AM
great !!

You can't download it as you don't have your 25 posts yet.

Nissan Fast and E-Fast I believe run under the same program so don't see how you could have one without the other

MrSka
23rd August 2014, 09:50 AM
great !!

You will need more posts, once your post count goes over a certain number your account will be allowed to download these. It is done so that people just dont use this site to download all the items. Just say hello, do an intro thread and participate a bit and you will get access soon enough :D

Mrbeef
26th August 2014, 04:44 PM
Hey,

Ive been trying to setup the nissan fast, but my problem is I dont seem to have the NFset.exe to setup the cdrom access....
I have a SetCD.exe but that wont load anything, nothing shows when I run it.

Any suggestions, muchly appreciated. TIA

NissanGQ4.2
26th August 2014, 06:22 PM
Have replied 2 your PM mate

Hey,

Ive been trying to setup the nissan fast, but my problem is I dont seem to have the NFset.exe to setup the cdrom access....
I have a SetCD.exe but that wont load anything, nothing shows when I run it.

Any suggestions, muchly appreciated. TIA

SKID
17th October 2014, 02:07 PM
Cant find the download link for the software can only find download for PDF..

NissanGQ4.2
17th October 2014, 02:48 PM
Cant find the download link for the software can only find download for PDF..

Download and open the PDF on first page.

There are links in that PDF for the install program and various catalogs. Just click on what you want and it should download.

If you have no links in the PDF send me a PM, let me know what operating system you are trying to download it on.

Cheers

Toddie

webber
23rd February 2017, 11:44 PM
where do i get this?

NissanGQ4.2
24th February 2017, 06:03 PM
where do i get this?

In the first post there is a link to a PDF file, download the PDF and open there will be a link 2 the Nissan Fast Software

pspeirs
27th June 2019, 06:42 AM
Seems there is no AR folder in the archive, anyone actually got this database to work recently?

mountainsprings
31st December 2019, 12:05 PM
Thanks for this

Famy4u
11th May 2020, 01:23 AM
Is it Legale to download it, i mean do i will face any issue if i download it, Viruse

Aboody
28th November 2020, 06:46 PM
looks great

growler2058
28th November 2020, 07:08 PM
looks great

Chasing the manuals ay mate?

Avo
28th November 2020, 07:47 PM
Chasing the manuals ay mate?20 to go

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Haxer
18th October 2022, 05:52 AM
Hey, does anyone still got any of these two program files? I need to download both of them, especially E-FAST, but links doesnt work (no surprise, it's been some years)

NissanGQ4.2
23rd October 2022, 12:07 PM
Hey, does anyone still got any of these two program files? I need to download both of them, especially E-FAST, but links doesnt work (no surprise, it's been some years)

Hi Haxer, sorry for the late reply.... yes I have all the files still, I tried the links and they downloaded fine. Do you get some sort of error message?