PDA

View Full Version : Beach driving at Rainbow/Double Island

04OFF
8th October 2013, 07:37 AM
Video from the weekend up at Rainbow Beach .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt5xsYTcoH0&feature=share&list=UUL2wnNRGXLpIH7Xckhq2C7g

NP99
8th October 2013, 08:16 AM
Nice vid, the drift wood looks good close up!

NissanGQ4.2
8th October 2013, 08:18 AM
The wheels in Steve's 4b go round and round, round and round :)

Nice Steve, any chance of a pic of the gopro mounted???

Oh and my 5 year old son liked your soundtrack choice :)

04OFF
8th October 2013, 12:47 PM
The wheels in Steve's 4b go round and round, round and round :)

Yep, and sometimes they even go upside down :tease:

Nice Steve, any chance of a pic of the gopro mounted???

Sorry, never crossed my mind to take one, it was basically hung off my DSLR mono pod (it got snapped in half during filming BTW) all attached to the back of the car with cable ties and a occy strap.

Oh and my 5 year old son liked your soundtrack choice

Cool, its limited to what you can use legally.

BigRAWesty
8th October 2013, 01:35 PM
Very nice..

NissanGQ4.2
8th October 2013, 02:14 PM
Yep, and sometimes they even go upside down :tease:

And from my past experience wheels sometimes go on there side 2

Sorry, never crossed my mind to take one, it was basically hung off my DSLR mono pod (it got snapped in half during filming BTW) all attached to the back of the car with cable ties and a occy strap.

I really think you could patent that design and sell it 2 the world *LMAO*

Cool, its limited to what you can use legally.

Who cares about legalities :)

megatexture
8th October 2013, 05:31 PM
Looks good mate I didn't see you up there, we were there fri lunch till Sunday 4 pm. Surprised I didn't spot your pearltrol.

04OFF
8th October 2013, 06:07 PM
Looks good mate I didn't see you up there, we were there fri lunch till Sunday 4 pm. Surprised I didn't spot your pearltrol.

Ha-ha, "Pearltrol", we arrived about the same time as you, but stayed a extra day, we mostly hung around near DI, but stayed at Rainbow Beach Township, it was busy hay, we still managed to get away from everyone most of the time, was a great weekend.

Also got to give my winch a run, once pulling a dual cab ute stuck blocking the freshwater track (had about 8 cars behind him), and another dual cab at the Teewah side of the Leisha Track.

Im guessing you camped on Teewah with the other 2000 campers ?

megatexture
8th October 2013, 06:48 PM
Yea unfortunately somewhere in the middle of the 2000 lol, we went to the calm side once over the weekend and had some f heads try and set up right in front us! So spent the rest of the time exploring some tracks in the local pine forest and did a day trip to the noosa river near cooloola lake via pine forest parrell to cooloola way, its a nice drive down that way.

philfree
9th October 2013, 12:04 AM
damn i was going to head up the beach on Monday but didn't end up going might of been able to say hello do you guys go up their often?

ryandewar92
9th October 2013, 12:12 AM
We were up on teewah all last week. Bloody fantastic!
Where are these pine forest tracks you are talking about??

megatexture
9th October 2013, 12:35 AM
Get memory map app and search for toolara state forest, its quite a large area but the track I did weren't anything hard but I didn't go into the thick of it as I was only going around cooloola way as its closed.. Apparently.

But once you leave the cooloola national park area you could drive to mayborough using pine forest tracks (toolara and tuan state forest).

93patrol
9th October 2013, 10:20 AM
awesome vid 4off makes me wish some the hard pack sand over here i'll have to get some footage of the beaches i run over here and its almost like driving in snow its that soft and boggy.

but the position of your gopro is awesome especially when it got close to a few bts of drift wood

04OFF
9th October 2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks 93,
yeh, i tried to get close for max effect, i got a bit too close a few times and wiped out the camera on drift wood, sand banks, bushes etc, but ya get that on the big jobs ! :wink: