PDA

View Full Version : some tracks in southern Tassie?

lotus
14th January 2011, 06:20 PM
as the title suggests, can anyone recommend some places in southern tasmania that i can legally exercise my dirt monster?

[my GQ patrol is named 'white thunder' btw : ].

portal pat
21st January 2011, 11:28 PM
Go buy a copy of Chris Boden's guide "4WD tracks in Tasmania". You will find it invaluable.

taslucas
9th September 2011, 08:35 PM
Sorry dont know any tracks down there. Im from the north west, Know a few places around here. Good luck on the search

nowoolies
10th September 2011, 09:44 AM
as the title suggests, can anyone recommend some places in southern tasmania that i can legally exercise my dirt monster?

[my GQ patrol is named 'white thunder' btw : ].

but where`s the piccies ........we luv piccies lol

yorgalas
14th April 2012, 01:29 PM
always wanted to have a go in tas!

dattodanil
15th June 2012, 09:53 PM
the three main ones that i go to Lotus are:

Margate Plains, you get there by traveling to margate (big surprise) and turn up Van Morey Rd at the footy oval and keep driving up hill for about 10 min. the track is mostly fire trails with large bog holes along the way but you can go around most of them if you really want and the prize at the end is a 50m water fall called pelverata falls and you come out on top (unlike the walk).
Murdunna, you turn left opposite the servo in murdunna and drive a fire trail for about 5-10 mins and pretty much explore in any direction. because it gets lots and lots of rain its possible for very big bog holes to jump out of nowhere.
jefferys track, its a really good track but im not 100% sure how to describe exactly how to get there but the track runs from Crabtree to New Norfolk behind MT Wellington. another good track with heaps of clay and holes but a fairly stock 4wd could drive it.

Clunk
15th June 2012, 10:53 PM
the three main ones that i go to Lotus are:

Margate Plains, you get there by traveling to margate (big surprise) and turn up Van Morey Rd at the footy oval and keep driving up hill for about 10 min. the track is mostly fire trails with large bog holes along the way but you can go around most of them if you really want and the prize at the end is a 50m water fall called pelverata falls and you come out on top (unlike the walk).
Murdunna, you turn left opposite the servo in murdunna and drive a fire trail for about 5-10 mins and pretty much explore in any direction. because it gets lots and lots of rain its possible for very big bog holes to jump out of nowhere.
jefferys track, its a really good track but im not 100% sure how to describe exactly how to get there but the track runs from Crabtree to New Norfolk behind MT Wellington. another good track with heaps of clay and holes but a fairly stock 4wd could drive it.
Sounds great mate, care to post up some pics if you've got some?

dattodanil
16th June 2012, 08:57 PM
the first one is of jefferys and the second two are of margate and thats pretty much all i could find.

taslucas
18th June 2012, 09:30 AM
Nice pics dattondil:)

MEGOMONSTER
18th June 2012, 09:53 AM
Nice bog hole.
Your truck seems to have a small tilt to it, better get that checked out.

taslucas
18th June 2012, 10:55 AM
I think he's missing a front wheel! lmao

dattodanil
18th June 2012, 04:54 PM
yeah true megomonsterand taslucas thats a full 37" under thick mud :)

Tasmav
25th July 2012, 09:26 PM
Looks like fun, will have to try and get there some day.

Tassie Pete
25th July 2013, 09:25 PM
I live just near this and didn't even know it exisited. Thats probably because I haven't had a 4WD before. Im going there this weekend. I have heard a couplpe of the guys from the local fir dept talking about it, with much reverence I might add. If i get any pics I'll post them.

Tassie Pete
25th July 2013, 09:26 PM
The pics are aewsome! That looks like my kind of fun.

phil300
2nd June 2014, 10:30 PM
Hi what is the last part of the track into the falls like there was a little step up there near the old mill sight

cheers Phil

TazManiac
25th October 2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks for this info. It's nice to know where to start when I get my wheels.