PDA

View Full Version : Best Camping in Vic High Country?

MudMap
3rd October 2013, 02:31 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering what your fave campsites are in the Victorian High Country? Would love to see your pics too.

Cheers,
Maria from MUDMAP

threedogs
3rd October 2013, 02:44 PM
If You are "MUD MAPS" A few here would like some answers if not disregard this.
As for your question, anywhere really

MudRunnerTD
3rd October 2013, 02:45 PM
If You are "MUD MAPS" A few here would like some answers if not disregard this.
As for your question, anywhere really

Hey John, Maria is all over it mate, all the questions have been addressed and she has today paid to become a Vendor Sponsor so you will see allot of her here i hope.

Cheers MR

threedogs
3rd October 2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks MR been away for a while so to speak. as I said Disregard Maria
KIngs Hut is another gem another member will no doubt place high on his list

Winnie
3rd October 2013, 03:10 PM
My favourite campsite is O'tooles, only because it is so close to home. I've been to other campsites that I would say are nicer but it takes not long over an hour for me to get to O'tooles from home. Unfortunately been closed since the fires.

Bob
3rd October 2013, 03:18 PM
Along the King Basin Road
Will put together some Pics

Drewboyaus
3rd October 2013, 07:32 PM
I love bush camping in Butcher Country.
MacAlister Gorge is also a cracker.

MudMap
3rd October 2013, 08:16 PM
Along the King Basin Road
Will put together some Pics

Hi Bob,
Sounds great would love to see the pics!

Drewboyaus
3rd October 2013, 08:23 PM
Butcher Country campsite looking out to Mt Clear

Drewboyaus
3rd October 2013, 08:24 PM
MacAlister Gorge (my eldest girl having a fish)

MudMap
3rd October 2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks Drew,

Great pics. Makes me want to be out there now. Just got Ollie (our son) his first rod for his second birthday, can't wait to get out there and let him test it out. MacAlister Gorge looks like great access to the river. By the way did you catch any fish?

Cheers,
Maria

Drewboyaus
3rd October 2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks Drew,

Great pics. Makes me want to be out there now. Just got Ollie (our son) his first rod for his second birthday, can't wait to get out there and let him test it out. MacAlister Gorge looks like great access to the river. By the way did you catch any fish?

Cheers,
Maria

Nah, I'm rubbish. Liz hasn't caught a trout yet but we keep trying!

NP99
3rd October 2013, 10:17 PM
I'd love to follow the bush camps and trails the Kelly gang rode.

MudMap
9th October 2013, 06:34 PM
Anyone been to Tobacco Flat recently. I head they had fenced the whole are off. Is this still the case? Beautiful spot.

Bob
10th October 2013, 11:05 AM
Hi Bob,
Sounds great would love to see the pics!

Here are some Pics taken in the King Basin area and Mt Stirling

Drewboyaus
10th October 2013, 11:20 AM
Great pics Bob

MudMap
10th October 2013, 01:02 PM
Absolutely stunning Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Fruitloop
11th October 2013, 01:18 PM
I was lucky enough to get to O'tooles, Merringtons etc just before the fires ... at least I got to see how beautiful it was ... and the bush huts were amazing.
I enjoyed Mt Tamboritha .. was shocked to see a snake in such cold weather tho

Apples
22nd October 2016, 10:38 AM
Hi guys im heading up to macalister gorge for melbourne cup weekend just wanted to know is there plenty of camp sites near the river and the best track to follow in there? Ive never been up this way as yet. But looking forward to getting there

katwoman
22nd October 2016, 11:11 AM
Beautiful spot. U may need to go via the Cheney bridge track. The other one is Burgones. With the rain we've been having the river at the bottom of burgones could be pretty deep and fast. We should be there right now but had to cancel. Heaps of camping but not sure what it will be like on a long weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bazzaboy
22nd October 2016, 12:53 PM
Love the Vic. High Country. I try to get there at least once a year, preferably April or May. Missed this year as we were in Ireland but looking forward to next year. Like to annoy the trout. I don't think there is a bad camp site there, their all good. Best ....?