PDA

View Full Version : New Gopro released

NP99
2nd October 2013, 08:08 PM
I see the Gopro3+ has been released. I think the wifi has been substantially improved

MudRunnerTD
2nd October 2013, 08:11 PM
Sorry is that different to the GoPro3 ? Have you got a link?

NP99
2nd October 2013, 08:13 PM
Yes it is.
http://gopro.com/products?gclid=CLqxjJPu97kCFUEgpQodXnsAMw

Smaller, lighter, mightier still.
Capture and share your life’s most meaningful experiences with the HERO3+ Black Edition. 20% smaller and lighter than its best-selling predecessor, it delivers improved image quality and powerful new features geared for versatility and convenience. SuperView™ is a new video mode that captures the world’s most immersive wide angle perspective, while Auto Low Light mode intelligently adjusts frame rate for stunning low-light performance. Combined with 30% longer battery life, 4x faster built-in Wi-Fi and a sharper lens, the HERO3+ Black Edition is the most advanced GoPro yet.

MudRunnerTD
2nd October 2013, 08:19 PM
Wow looks very good! Strange they would choose to change the physical size Again! So new cases, new add ons! Worse than Apple!!

The upgrades look nice though, wider angle and faster frame speed but of the price is up there!!

Can't say I use mine GoPro3 anywhere near enough as it is let alone miss the upgrades that this new release might offer.

In a market flooded now with cheap alternative products it may struggle at its price point. Only 12 month ago GoPro had the market to itself, now there is a wide range of much much cheaper products that will do a similar thing.

NP99
2nd October 2013, 08:25 PM
I agree mate, their only real competitor was themselves......they may price themselves out of the market. I think we will also see apple do this with their new plastic iPhone.

mudski
2nd October 2013, 08:29 PM
Wow looks very good! Strange they would choose to change the physical size Again! So new cases, new add ons! Worse than Apple!!

The upgrades look nice though, wider angle and faster frame speed but of the price is up there!!

Can't say I use mine GoPro3 anywhere near enough as it is let alone miss the upgrades that this new release might offer.

In a market flooded now with cheap alternative products it may struggle at its price point. Only 12 month ago GoPro had the market to itself, now there is a wide range of much much cheaper products that will do a similar thing.

My thoughts exactly MR. I had my heart set on a GP. But Supercheap have a knock off for about $150 and the specs look pretty good. I need to have a closer look I suppose at tge specs and more importantly is what accessories can be bought for it. No point buying the cheaper unit and there is sweet f.a accessories available.

NP99
2nd October 2013, 08:34 PM
The GP is a robust unit. If the cheap versions can hold their own in water and knocks, they will be on a winner.

trekster
2nd October 2013, 08:37 PM
Jaycar also do one for $150ish, no wifi though, but it comes with a remote.

Cheers,
Eric.

lhurley
2nd October 2013, 08:40 PM
But that is the same as most things, there is always a cheap knock off version, that looks the goods, but is just average, then there is the big boys that do what they claim well.

eg, i can go and buy a $150 drill from super cheap, and it will still drill holes in stuff, but i can also go and buy a $500 drill that will do it much better and for longer.

MudRunnerTD
2nd October 2013, 08:56 PM
But that is the same as most things, there is always a cheap knock off version, that looks the goods, but is just average, then there is the big boys that do what they claim well.

eg, i can go and buy a $150 drill from super cheap, and it will still drill holes in stuff, but i can also go and buy a $500 drill that will do it much better and for longer.

True story for sure!

mudski
2nd October 2013, 09:29 PM
I suppose I need to have the specs for both side by side and work out what the GP has over the cheaper unit and whether I need/ want or will actually use what it has. Wifi I would use yes, but its not a necessity.

NP99
2nd October 2013, 10:13 PM

That's what separates the men from the boys too.............:)

lhurley
2nd October 2013, 10:16 PM
That's what separates the men from the boys too.............:)

Why do I sense that your not referring to drills or go pros?? ;)

BigRAWesty
2nd October 2013, 10:26 PM
Jaycar also do one for $150ish, no wifi though, but it comes with a remote.

Cheers,
Eric.

Had a look at these, and guessing there in the same boat as the rest of the cheaper options.
Frame rate and MP's were well down compared to Gopro.
Smaller screen On rear, limited editing software.

There is a reason why there cheap. So I comes down to, do you need the $500 gopro, or will the $150 jobbie cut it..