PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed MudMap Customer missed out on Upgrade

Drewboyaus
24th September 2013, 04:16 PM
MODERATOR'S NOTE****

After this thread was started MudMap representatives have joined this forum and addressed a number of the concerns raised here. Welcome as new Vendor sponsors.

The primary grievance by members is the inadequate rebate to upgrade from MMHD to MM@ app since its release.

Cheers MR

Hi Li,
I bought MMHD less than 12 months ago, in fact it would be lucky to be 6 months. Do I get a free upgrade to MM2 or do I get shafted and have to pay twice?

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2013, 04:57 PM
Hi Li,
I bought MMHD less than 12 months ago, in fact it would be lucky to be 6 months. Do I get a free upgrade to MM2 or do I get shafted and have to pay twice?

It's a shame they only bothered to post a single post on this forum as there are a number of users here and thei support would have been appreciated.

Even a Vendors Thread would not have been out of the question. More effort would be great guys!

BigRAWesty
24th September 2013, 05:07 PM
Just sent them a pm On Facebook.. See what happens..

Drewboyaus
24th September 2013, 05:44 PM
I just checked and I only bought it in Jan.
I tell you what; if, after forking out $150 for the app only for it to be redundant 6 months later and no free upgrade, I will NEVER buy their chit again AND everyone I know in the 4WD caper will hear of it. My 3 degrees of separation stretches a bloody long way......
I wouldn't expect that sort of treatment from a $5 app let alone one that costs 500% more than that!

rottodiver
24th September 2013, 11:01 PM
I tell you what; if, after forking out $150 for the app only for it to be redundant 6 months later and no free upgrade, I will NEVER buy their chit again AND everyone I know in the 4WD caper will hear of it. My 3 degrees of separation stretches a bloody long way......
I wouldn't expect that sort of treatment from a $5 app let alone one that costs 500% more than that!

Same here.... I bought it in February... Sent a few questions about a few things....... Never ever got a reply and then this.... Looks like it will have to go hema after all.... Same old saying.... "If it seems to good to be true...it probably is"

Scotty

Drewboyaus
24th September 2013, 11:23 PM
I still haven't received a response to my question about updating from MMHD to MM2 but I'll give it 24 hrs. If I don't receive a satisfactory response then I will be taking it to fair trading because the more I review this situation the more it looks like a perfect candidate for that.

NP99
24th September 2013, 11:52 PM

I'm in the same boat as you mate and I smell rubber :(

Drewboyaus
24th September 2013, 11:57 PM
Just checked and MM2 was released in April. So I paid $150 for a product that was to have no further development on it after owning it for less than 4 months.
That sounds like a fair deal!

NP99
25th September 2013, 12:35 AM
Selling an obsolete product is theft I reckon.......

Clunk
25th September 2013, 01:36 AM
Sounds like it's very much like buying and owning a crapple product!!!!!! ;)

NP99
25th September 2013, 04:55 AM
Space - the final frontier

MudRunnerTD
25th September 2013, 04:26 PM
A New member has joined today also called MudMap! I believe they are connected to the App as they have posted a single comment i the GPS thread spruiking their product. I have asked them to comment here via PM and expect some form of explanation here for you Drew.

Drewboyaus
25th September 2013, 08:37 PM
So here is the response (finally):

Hi Andrew, thanks for getting in touch with us.

Mud Map 2 and HD are seperate apps with different feature sets. [More
info](http://kb.mud-maps.com/help/kb/mud-map-2-iphone-ipad-gps-navigation-app/differences-between-mud-map-2-and-mud-map-hd)

For HD customers, we do provide a $30 rebate.

If you have other questions, just give me a shout any time.

What a crock! Like I said before, the idea I paid $150.....thats one hundred and fifty dollars NOT FIVE DOLLARS for an app that within 4 months was to have no further development and to be replaced by a better featured app made by the same people but with a different name so there was no upgrade and they could wring another wad of cash from fools like me who bought the original program.
If this remains the status quo then the bunch of thieving pr!ks at that organisation will be having a date with consumer affairs.
There is a reasonable expectation when I pay 150 for an app that it will continue to be developed.

florix
25th September 2013, 08:45 PM
If that is the case I would speak with apple maybe they seem to look after their customers well and may be able to keep you happy as it is their name on the line too

Drewboyaus
25th September 2013, 08:51 PM
If that is the case I would speak with apple maybe they seem to look after their customers well and may be able to keep you happy as it is their name on the line too

That is an interesting idea! Will ask a few questions about that.
Ta

Drewboyaus
25th September 2013, 08:53 PM
And if the do offer a paltry $30 rebate (that is not published anywhere I can find) it would suggest they are aware they are on thin ice.....

florix
25th September 2013, 08:56 PM
More often then not you can get a refund if your not happy with the product you have received. It's stated in consumer law

BigRAWesty
25th September 2013, 09:09 PM
Well not cool.. I'd be pissed to..
Its amazing how much some companies rip us Off..
For example I have a flight SIM for Rc stuff. One big name SIM charge $200 for the SIM and life time updates. They use the clients for beta testing and listen to them for info on New models.
The other charges $200 and then charges $100 for a yearly update.
You can imagine which one is more popular..

Drewboyaus
25th September 2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, well I paid less than $100 for TomTom on my iPhone 3 years ago and they just continue to update the program and features FOR FREE. That's how you do it because if someone asks me for a navigation app recommendation for smartphones, guess what I will be suggesting????
Ask about off road mapping..........

megatexture
25th September 2013, 10:07 PM
With this kind of customer service I know I won't be having anything to do with them!,I bet they were taking $ off people to the day the new app came out. It should be a free upgrade or they should continue to update it along side the new one at least for a few yrs...

NP99
25th September 2013, 10:19 PM
With this kind of customer service I know I won't be having anything to do with them!,I bet they were taking $ off people to the day the new app came out. It should be a free upgrade or they should continue to update it along side the new one at least for a few yrs...

You're on the money there mate!

NP99
25th September 2013, 10:22 PM
So here is the response (finally):

Hi Andrew, thanks for getting in touch with us.

Mud Map 2 and HD are seperate apps with different feature sets. [More
info](http://kb.mud-maps.com/help/kb/mud-map-2-iphone-ipad-gps-navigation-app/differences-between-mud-map-2-and-mud-map-hd)

For HD customers, we do provide a $30 rebate.

If you have other questions, just give me a shout any time.

What a crock! Like I said before, the idea I paid $150.....thats one hundred and fifty dollars NOT FIVE DOLLARS for an app that within 4 months was to have no further development and to be replaced by a better featured app made by the same people but with a different name so there was no upgrade and they could wring another wad of cash from fools like me who bought the original program.
If this remains the status quo then the bunch of thieving pr!ks at that organisation will be having a date with consumer affairs.
There is a reasonable expectation when I pay 150 for an app that it will continue to be developed.

That's a p1ss weak reply, my plan is to go via qcat and seek recourse. Not good enough mm!!!

BigRAWesty
29th September 2013, 10:58 AM
Have you guys taking this to their face book page?? Get it in the open or nothing Will happen..

megatexture
29th September 2013, 11:57 AM
Wouldn't it be interesting to know how long it will take them to show there ugly mug in here again though, without prompting that is. However westy is right I'm sure drewboyaus isn't the only one they are robbing.

NP99
29th September 2013, 02:22 PM
Have you guys taking this to their face book page?? Get it in the open or nothing Will happen..

Good idea, plus the warning here will inform people about the poor rating of mm service.

BigRAWesty
29th September 2013, 05:55 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting to know how long it will take them to show there ugly mug in here again though, without prompting that is. However westy is right I'm sure drewboyaus isn't the only one they are robbing.

I sent them a message about their page they have here and how there were some members who had questions...
They said they would come on over.. Might jump on the cp and send them a link to their page to make it a bit easier..

Can the mods see when last log On was or just last post??

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 06:27 PM
They won't come in here. They just want to take people's money.

MudRunnerTD
29th September 2013, 06:43 PM
They won't come in here. They just want to take people's money.

Hey Drew please see first post in this thread.

Woof
29th September 2013, 06:57 PM
Mud Map has not been on here since the date of their thread start, 15th Feb 2013

Bloodyaussie
29th September 2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah and people are still welcoming them... I think that thread should be locked!!!

Dhuck
29th September 2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah and people are still welcoming them... I think that thread should be locked!!!

Sorry guys that was me that started that thread again. Must have missed it back yonder and full of p!ss found it.

Bloodyaussie
29th September 2013, 07:12 PM
Sorry guys that was me that started that thread again. Must have missed it back yonder and full of p!ss found it.

Stone him!!!!!!

Woof
29th September 2013, 07:17 PM

Just getting your post count up, eh Dhucky..lol

BigRAWesty
29th September 2013, 07:22 PM
Just sent this into there FB page via message

" Hay guys. Here is this the link to our current thread. I think it's best your management team jump on over before these guys start plastering the FB page..

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=428319"

NissanGQ4.2
29th September 2013, 07:32 PM

No need to be sorry mate, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't of found the links advertising their products in their signature

All removed now :) Thanks mate

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 08:08 PM
stone him!!!!!!

pml........,.,

MudRunnerTD
29th September 2013, 08:17 PM
Mud Map has not been on here since the date of their thread start, 15th Feb 2013

Actually doggy they joined again the other day and posted a single post in a thread regarding GPSs. Was interesting that they were able to use the name twice by 2 members???

Regardless I pmd that new member within the hour and they have not come back. I think they have a Trolling philosophy looking for their name or whatever to sell their product. Dump their link and move on. How about some Customer Support MUdMap???

Woof
29th September 2013, 08:20 PM
Actually doggy they joined again the other day and posted a single post in a thread regarding GPSs. Was interesting that they were able to use the name twice by 2 members???

Regardless I pmd that new member within the hour and they have not come back. I think they have a Trolling philosophy looking for their name or whatever to sell their product. Dump their link and move on. How about some Customer Support MUdMap???

Yeah saw that Daz, the 1st one was Mud Map and the 2nd was MudMap

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 08:21 PM
No need to be sorry mate, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't of found the links advertising their products in their signature

All removed now :) Thanks mate

Shifty as sh!thouse rats!
There is a connection between VMS and MudMap (or used to be) and it is my understanding it was the folks at VMS that "borrowed" the Rooftops maps without asking (or paying).
This is the reason you can no longer buy an electronic copy of the Rooftops maps.
This came from the lady who works at my local mapping shop.....

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 08:23 PM
Yeah saw that Daz, the 1st one was Mud Map and the 2nd was MudMap

Yet on neither occasion have they addressed my grievance (or NP99).

NissanGQ4.2
29th September 2013, 08:32 PM
Jason ( oncedisturbed ) are you still testing their products for them?

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks Westy....
Only last year a mate of mine got a RAW deal from Cooper Tyres and I set up a social media campaign against them. He got a full new set of five ST Max tyres, fitted and balanced within 3 months. I set up a Facebook page and there were a bunch of other pissed off Cooper consumers for the very same reason as ours.
If you search Facebook for Cooper Tyres don't stand by their product you can still find my page.....still doing damage after they asked me to take it down. Thing is, it still exists and I've tried to remove it. Big brand damage.

trekster
29th September 2013, 08:35 PM
what platform are you guys running this software on?

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 08:36 PM
what platform are you guys running this software on?

iOS........
But that is not relevant

NissanGQ4.2
29th September 2013, 08:42 PM

MM say they are separate apps with different feature sets, I don't see a problem with that, a lot of developers have more than one program that do roughly the same thing......

So have they said they are no longer supporting MMHD???

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 08:52 PM
MM say they are separate apps with different feature sets, I don't see a problem with that, a lot of developers have more than one program that do roughly the same thing......

That is BS IMO. That is what they have told me. That is a cop-out.
I paid less than 60 bucks for TomTom for my iPhone 3 years ago and it continues with ongoing feature development.
MudMap say they have changed their app now to a new one and there is no ongoing development of new features (but it is updated....supposedly)
Not an issue if I've paid bugger all for the app but when I fork out $150, 3 months beforehand I reckon that is a total rip-off.

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 08:55 PM
You can no longer purchase the MMHD app.

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 08:59 PM
I'm a very reasonable bloke, and if they said to me you can upgrade for $50, I would be OK with that. But to say there is a rebate that is not mentioned anywhere at all (that I can find) on their website....seems more than a bit disingenious for mine.

NissanGQ4.2
29th September 2013, 09:16 PM
I would be pissed 2 drew but is that really any different from buying for example a $2000 canon camera and the week after cannon releasing a new version with more features?

I'm guessing there was no chatter about MM releasing a newer version before they released it

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 10:09 PM
I would be pissed 2 drew but is that really any different from buying for example a $2000 canon camera and the week after cannon releasing a new version with more features?

I'm guessing there was no chatter about MM releasing a newer version before they released it

I think it is. If I buy a camera I'm fully aware of the product life cycle. With apps it is different.
Even with cheap-arse apps there is an expectation they will continue to be developed. As I said earlier, if I paid $5 or $10 for an app then I would fully expect to "suck it up" but $150 is at the top end of things as far as apps go and I think for that money there is a reasonable expectation that it won't be immediately superseded.
This is the same view consumer affairs has taken in relation to Apple fulfilling their warrant obligations beyond their statutory 12 month warranty.

Drewboyaus
29th September 2013, 10:11 PM
Still no comment from MudMap.....
Quelle surprise!

NP99
29th September 2013, 10:40 PM

Their behaviour is like a builder or gym still taking your money, knowing they are closing down!

trekster
29th September 2013, 10:58 PM
posted on their facebook page for you guys

Eric Hughes
You guys should probably come back onto the nissan patrol forum and explain your situation to some of the members there. It would make your companies image appear better then what everyone is seeing at the moment.....

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?23654-MudMap-let-s-down-their-customers
MudMap let's down their customers
www.nissanpatrol.com.au
MODERATOR'S NOTE**** Hey Drew, this issue has not been resolved and i believe MudMap should front up and explain their product and new App to our members and explain Why there is no Support for there other App which was considered a good product. if this is a Classis Cash Grab then call it that. May...
Like · · Share · 11 seconds ago

Note that they haven't had any activity on it since the 20th, but the more people saying stuff on there the better it will be to get you guys an answer :)

Cheers,
Eric.

trekster
29th September 2013, 11:02 PM
Also someone asked what the difference was between the two

Mud Map Hi James Jang sorry for late reply.

The main difference in Mud Map 2 and Mud Map HD is that Mud Map 2 has THEMAP while Mud Map HD has SmartTOPO. The main difference between the two are:

1) Mud Map HD (SmartTOPO) uses NAVTEQ data Mud Map 2 (THEMAP) uses OSM data. Hence Mud Map 2 allows for free monthly map updates for the life of the app as well as ability for the community to verify and contribute to the data.

2) Mud Map 2 has manual trip planning features that allow you to manually plan your trip while Mud Map HD has auto-routing features but no manual routing features.

3) Mud Map 2 has interactive POIs (campsites, caravan parks) witch allow the community to add photos, reviews, ratings and descriptions to thousands of campsites and caravan parks. All interactive POIS work with no phone or internet connection. Mud Map HD has conventional POIs.

4) Mud Map 2 allows the importing of other maps from Ozi Explorer format to Mud Map format.

Apart from this, many of the maps and features are similar between the two products. I hope this has answered your question. If you have any further questions please give me a shout any time.

So I guess by releasing this new product they are now able to offer free monthly updates?

Avo
30th September 2013, 12:33 AM
You guys have saved me buying there product and no doubt a lot more than what you read about too..Thanks for the heads up guys.

BigRAWesty
30th September 2013, 08:22 AM
It seems the up date to mm2 is well worth it, but I do agree with drew that $150 is the top end of the market and the people who have purchased mmhd should be transferred over or given refund..

BigRAWesty
30th September 2013, 10:38 AM
The reply..

"Thanks Kallen,
Hope you had a good weekend. I hopped on Friday but did not come across this one. I will hope on and make a comment.
Thanks for letting me know about this.

Warm Wishes,
Maria from Mud Map "

93patrol
30th September 2013, 11:00 AM
obviously she looked REAL hard

Drewboyaus
30th September 2013, 11:08 AM
obviously she looked REAL hard

Hahahha, yeah right! Especially since Daz sent them a message about this thread after they opened up a new account....

MudMap
30th September 2013, 11:41 AM
G'day everyone,

My name is Maria from Mud Map. I hope you all had a great weekend. Thank you very much for the guys that gave us the link to this thread. Thank you very much for having us on your forum. I will make a comment to address the Mud Map 2 launch and the difference between the 2 apps. I will break my comment into 3 sections a) looking at the difference between the two products, b) looking at the ongoing free updates and support that has been given to Mud Map HD, c) looking at an understanding that purchasing one product made by a brand does not entitle a customer to every single product released by that brand.

A) Difference between Mud Map HD and Mud Map 2

Mud Map HD and Mud Map 2 are two different products.

The core map used by Mud Map HD is totally different to that of Mud Map 2. The Mud Map HD Smart TOPO map is made up of NAVTEQ data, which is a commercial grade navigation data base which supports auto routing. The Mud Map 2 core map uses a community initiative and allows the MUD MAP mapping team and the community to edit the data and allows for manual routing.

To read more on the differences and why they are separate products please visit this blog post: http://blog.mud-maps.com/blog/2013/category/why-was-mud-map-2-not-released-as-an-update-to-mud-map-hd-users

B) Ongoing support for Mud Map HD customers:
Mud Map has continuously supported the Mud Map HD app and will continue to do so. Since the launch of Mud Map 2, Mud Map HD customers have received 3 free updates that is more than one update every 2 months.

The following updates were released as part of ongoing support for Mud Map HD customers:
- May 28 2013:Brand new free Fraser Island map added and improvements to SmarTopo
- June 2013: stability and functionality update
- September 11 2013: Brand New Barrington Tops NP map added free of charge

As well as these free updates we have also added iPhone 5 compatibility to ensure the app runs smoothly on iPhone 5.
I think to state that no support is given to Mud Map HD customers is not an accurate interpretation considering we have offered continuos support and updates and are continuing to do so.

C) Purchasing a product from a company does not entitle customers to all products made by that brand.

Generally purchasing one product from a brand does not entitle a customer to all products made by that brand. For example if I purchase the iPhone I would not expect Apple to then give me the iPhone 2 free of charge, then the iPhone 3 all the way up to iPhone 5s. Even though there are similarities between iPhone and iPhone 2 I understand that they are separate products and would not expect a free new product with every release of an iPhone.

With apps this works the same way. For example if I purchase Angry Birds Original this does not automatically entitle me to all subsequent Angry Birds apps such as Angry Birds Chrome or Angry Birds with friends. Each game is different even if they hold the same brand name and have some functions that are similar.

Similarly Mud Map HD and Mud Map 2 have similarities between them but they are at the core 2 different products. We have offered updates and free maps for both products and will continue to do so, however purchasing one product with the Mud Map brand does not equate to ownership of all subsequent products with the Mud Map brand on them.

We will continue to support and provide free updates to Mud Map HD customers and we feel Mud Map HD is a fantastic product using high quality data and offering great features.

Thank you all so much for having us on, and allowing us to comment on this thread.

Warm Wishes,
Maria from Mud Map

BigRAWesty
30th September 2013, 11:51 AM
G'day everyone,

My name is Maria from Mud Map. I hope you all had a great weekend. Thank you very much for the guys that gave us the link to this thread. Thank you very much for having us on your forum. I will make a comment to address the Mud Map 2 launch and the difference between the 2 apps. I will break my comment into 3 sections a) looking at the difference between the two products, b) looking at the ongoing free updates and support that has been given to Mud Map HD, c) looking at an understanding that purchasing one product made by a brand does not entitle a customer to every single product released by that brand.

The core map used by Mud Map HD is totally different to that of Mud Map 2. The Mud Map HD Smart TOPO map is made up of NAVTEQ data, which is a commercial grade navigation data base which supports auto routing. The Mud Map 2 core map uses a community initiative and allows the MUD MAP mapping team and the community to edit the data and allows for manual routing.

To read more on the differences and why they are separate products please visit this blog post: http://blog.mud-maps.com/blog/2013/category/why-was-mud-map-2-not-released-as-an-update-to-mud-map-hd-users

Mud Map has continuously supported the Mud Map HD app and will continue to do so. Since the launch of Mud Map 2, Mud Map HD customers have received 3 free updates that is more than one update every 2 months.

The following updates were released as part of ongoing support for Mud Map HD customers:
- May 28 2013:Brand new free Fraser Island map added and improvements to SmarTopo

As well as these free updates we have also added iPhone 5 compatibility to ensure the app runs smoothly on iPhone 5.
I think to state that no support is given to Mud Map HD customers is not an accurate interpretation considering we have offered continuos support and updates and are continuing to do so.

C) Purchasing a product from a company does not entitle customers to all products made by that brand.

Generally purchasing one product from a brand does not entitle a customer to all products made by that brand. For example if I purchase the iPhone I would not expect Apple to then give me the iPhone 2 free of charge, then the iPhone 3 all the way up to iPhone 5s. Even though there are similarities between iPhone and iPhone 2 I understand that they are separate products and would not expect a free new product with every release of an iPhone.

With apps this works the same way. For example if I purchase Angry Birds Original this does not automatically entitle me to all subsequent Angry Birds apps such as Angry Birds Chrome or Angry Birds with friends. Each game is different even if they hold the same brand name and have some functions that are similar.

Similarly Mud Map HD and Mud Map 2 have similarities between them but they are at the core 2 different products. We have offered updates and free maps for both products and will continue to do so, however purchasing one product with the Mud Map brand does not equate to ownership of all subsequent products with the Mud Map brand on them.

We will continue to support and provide free updates to Mud Map HD customers and we feel Mud Map HD is a fantastic product using high quality data and offering great features.

Thank you all so much for having us on, and allowing us to comment on this thread.

Warm Wishes,
Maria from Mud Map

Thanks for jumping on Maria.
Can you please confirm the current versions of both MMHD and MM2 so the members can verify they have the current versions?
And are all updates available from the respective stores still?

MudMap
30th September 2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks for jumping on Maria.
Can you please confirm the current versions of both MMHD and MM2 so the members can verify they have the current versions?
And are all updates available from the respective stores still?

My pleasure Kallen,

Thank you for giving me the link.

Absolutely to confirm you have the current versions please ensure you have: 3.5.12 of Mud Map HD and 4.2 of Mud Map 2. Another easy way to do this is to go to your App store and look under "Updates" section. Any updates for apps will come up here so you can check that way too. Yes all updates are available via the App store.

Warm Wishes,
Maria from Mud Map

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2013, 04:05 PM
G'day everyone,

Warm Wishes,
Maria from Mud Map

Thanks for your reply Maria.

Could you also comment on the future support that will be offered to MM HD? I note that you have recently sent an update but the member was concerned that since the release of MM2 the MMHD will no longer be supported?

Regards MR

Drewboyaus
30th September 2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks for responding Maria, your response was considerably more detailed than my previous experience.
I still would like to query some of your assertions but I am on the mobile and it is hard to go into detail.
I just wanted to let you know I have seen it and appreciate your consideration and will address it in due course.

MudMap
30th September 2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks for your reply Maria.

Could you also comment on the future support that will be offered to MM HD? I note that you have recently sent an update but the member was concerned that since the release of MM2 the MMHD will no longer be supported?

Regards MR

Hi MR,

Thank you for your comment. All of the 3 updates I spoke about were delivered after the launch of MUDMAP 2. As mentioned in my previous comment there has been more than one update per 2 months to Mud Map HD since the introduction of Mud Map 2. We plan to continue updating and supporting MUDMAP HD as we think it is a great product. The most recent update was delivered this month so there are not plans to stop updates and support to this product.

Warm Wishes,
Maria from MUDMAP

AB
30th September 2013, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Maria, once you have sorted out the questions feel free to become a vendor sponsor to get your product noticed (link at top of forum).

NissanGQ4.2
30th September 2013, 07:25 PM
feel free to become a vendor sponsor to get your product noticed (link at top of forum).

Please note Maria, Only paying vendors are allowed links in there signature's so I have just removed your links

Kind Regards

Todd

NP99
30th September 2013, 08:11 PM
MM, we'll done on the response. That's the standard I would expect. What was the reason mm hd was superseded?

MudMap
30th September 2013, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the forum Maria, once you have sorted out the questions feel free to become a vendor sponsor to get your product noticed (link at top of forum).

Hi AB,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I look forward to being around to answer any question and hopefully make some good mates too.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/09/168.jpg

NissanGQ4.2
30th September 2013, 08:31 PM
MM, we'll done on the response. That's the standard I would expect. What was the reason mm hd was superseded?

MM HD was never superseded, they just released a different version that does different things

Drewboyaus
30th September 2013, 08:38 PM
MM HD was never superseded, they just released a different version that does different things

That's true only to a point though Todd. I say, if you can no longer purchase the previous version (which you can't) it IS superseded.
Does it also mean they will be developing new features for MMHD? That is what it means to truly support something, not just updates to make sure it works with the next version of iOS. Are they going to add campsites etc? This is what other app producers do when they develop something.
The analogy with Angry Birds is a poor one. Angry Birds only cost me $2......not ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FFS.
I will frame my response properly over the next couple of days.

93patrol
30th September 2013, 08:42 PM
I would agree with you drew you can't even find mmhd in the app store

NissanGQ4.2
30th September 2013, 08:47 PM
That's true only to a point though Todd. I say; if you can no longer purchase the previous version (which you can't) it IS superseded.

yeh I suppose

Ok they superseded MM HD because they made a better one, does that sound better *L*

Winnie
30th September 2013, 08:58 PM
Angry Birds is so 2011.

MudMap
30th September 2013, 08:58 PM

Hey NP99,

Thank you very much for your comment. The reason we made a second app was because we wanted to make a map engine that allows our mapping team and the 4WD community to make direct updates to the map data. Because SmartTOPO uses NAVTEQ data we can not provide direct changes to the data. The addition of our own mapping engine also allowed us to integrate interactive POIs allowing us and our community to write reviews and photos of thousands of campsites and caravan parks. We could not add these POIs on to someone else's mapping engine and hence the reason we developed our own.

I hope this has answered your question. Please give me a shout any time if there is anything else you would like to know.

Warm Wishes,
Maria from MUDMAP

NP99
30th September 2013, 10:24 PM
Hey NP99,

Thank you very much for your comment. The reason we made a second app was because we wanted to make a map engine that allows our mapping team and the 4WD community to make direct updates to the map data. Because SmartTOPO uses NAVTEQ data we can not provide direct changes to the data. The addition of our own mapping engine also allowed us to integrate interactive POIs allowing us and our community to write reviews and photos of thousands of campsites and caravan parks. We could not add these POIs on to someone else's mapping engine and hence the reason we developed our own.

I hope this has answered your question. Please give me a shout any time if there is anything else you would like to know.

Warm Wishes,
Maria from MUDMAP

Thank you for the timely reply Maria. I have seen some product vendors duck and weave rather than stay and answer the questions, much appreciated. (Not from this forum). Can you understand why we are upset though? $150 ish is a lot of money to invest in a product that has a good name in the outdoor community thinking that it would serve us well. We, certainly I,feel somewhat let down (insert choice words) that I paid good money for a product that can no longer be procured and was made obsolete due to 3rd party mapping engine issues.

When I bought my iPhone and iPad I never expected apple to upgrade for free the hardware for each new release, I do expect and receive iOS updates for free and that keeps me current for the money I paid.

Shane

MudMap
30th September 2013, 10:35 PM
Thank you for the timely reply Maria. I have seen some product vendors duck and weave rather than stay and answer the questions, much appreciated. (Not from this forum). Can you understand why we are upset though? $150 ish is a lot of money to invest in a product that has a good name in the outdoor community thinking that it would serve us well. We, certainly I,feel somewhat let down (insert choice words) that I paid good money for a product that can no longer be procured and was made obsolete due to 3rd party mapping engine issues.

When I bought my iPhone and iPad I never expected apple to upgrade for free the hardware for each new release, I do expect and receive iOS updates for free and that keeps me current for the money I paid.

Shane

Hey NP99,

I completely understand where you are coming from. I think the main confusion was because people didn't realise that there would be continuous updates and free maps for Mud Map HD. Mud Map HD has significantly improved since the release of Mud Map 2. We have added a brand new Fraser Island map free of charge, as well as a Barrington Tops map which took us significant resources to develop. We have also worked hard to improve functionality and design. After the release of Mud Map 2, Mud Map HD got a significant interface change to improve map stability and browsing of maps. Again, this was aimed at improving Mud Map HD. I don't think it is accurate to suggest we have not supported this app as we are using a large amount of development time and resources to continuously improve this product and we will continue to do so.

Cheers,
Maria from MUDMAP

NP99
30th September 2013, 11:00 PM
Maria, a couple more questions for you,
Is it economical to continue to support a superseded product?
How long is mm going to support MMHD?
Can it be re- downloaded from the apple store if we upgrade the apple hardware?
Cheers Shane.

MudMap
1st October 2013, 10:38 AM
Maria, a couple more questions for you,
Is it economical to continue to support a superseded product?
How long is mm going to support MMHD?
Can it be re- downloaded from the apple store if we upgrade the apple hardware?
Cheers Shane.

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your great questions. I will address each one separately.

Is it economical to support both apps?
The good thing about the two products is that although the vector maps (base maps) are different, the raster maps remain compatible with both apps. This means raster maps can be developed for both apps simultaneously making it practical and economical for both products. This also means customers can use any purchased maps on both apps without having to buy them again.

How long is Mud Map going to support Mud Map HD?
As long as we possibly can, we will try our hardest to continuously update raster maps and ensure functionality and iOS compatibility.

Can it be re-downloaded from the Apple store if we upgrade hardware?
Yes. As with all Apple apps if you lose your phone or update hardware you can go to the "previously purchased" section of the app store and download the app again free of charge. Furthermore, having your own personal MUDMAP account means that as long as you back up your data it will always be saved to your account for download onto new devices. This means you wont have to purchase the same maps again and all your trip data and pins can be saved to your account to use on your new hardware. Anybody considering updating to a new device is advised to back up their app data to their MUDMAP account to access onto the new device.

I hope this has answered your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask me anything else.

Enjoy your day,
Maria from MUDMAP

oncedisturbed
2nd October 2013, 01:37 PM
Jason ( oncedisturbed ) are you still testing their products for them?

Yup, still a BETA tester for MUDMaps.
Anything I can help out with?

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2013, 05:20 PM
Yup, still a BETA tester for MUDMaps.
Anything I can help out with?

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

Any idea if there is any plans for mudmaps 2 release a version for android users - if so how far away???

threedogs
2nd October 2013, 06:12 PM
Positive I saw them in the itros a day or to ago .
as I remember them saying associated with Mud Maps

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2013, 06:16 PM
Positive I saw them in the itros a day or to ago .
as I remember them saying associated with Mud Maps

You probale did, there is a couple of em on here

BigRAWesty
2nd October 2013, 07:42 PM
Any idea if there is any plans for mudmaps 2 release a version for android users - if so how far away???

Been talking to MM about android. From what I've got Samsung compatible MM will be available soon.
Soooo. Sorta.

NP99
2nd October 2013, 08:16 PM
I got a copy of mm hd that's rated to be just as good....... :)

oncedisturbed
2nd October 2013, 08:58 PM
MM on Android is coming but I am not aware of an ETA yet, from what I understand is that it had something to do with Androids APK's (app data) being developed either being available on the Play store or possibly as a 3rd party app but don't quote me in it as at the moment I use Apple but the wife has Android and I have put forward to test on Android platforms as well but not heard back yet

MudMap
3rd October 2013, 02:02 PM

Hey NGQ4.2,

Working on it as we speak. Coming along nicely. Fingers crossed it will be end of the year. Will give you a shout when its ready.

Cheers,
Maria from MUDMAP

MudMap
3rd October 2013, 02:04 PM
MM on Android is coming but I am not aware of an ETA yet, from what I understand is that it had something to do with Androids APK's (app data) being developed either being available on the Play store or possibly as a 3rd party app but don't quote me in it as at the moment I use Apple but the wife has Android and I have put forward to test on Android platforms as well but not heard back yet

Hey oncedisturbed,

If you like you can PM me with your details and I will follow this up for you.

Cheers,
Maria from MUDMAP

threedogs
3rd October 2013, 03:08 PM
As most know I know zip about computers but I'm typing this via my Android Samsung S3 Phone.
Got no idea how my son set it up as we are switching services from TPG to iprimus {cheaper}

taslucas
3rd October 2013, 03:21 PM
As most know I know zip about computers but I'm typing this via my Android Samsung S3 Phone.
Got no idea how my son set it up as we are switching services from TPG to iprimus {cheaper}

Lol, what has that got to do with mudmaps HD john???

Winnie
3rd October 2013, 03:23 PM

Posting about either still gives you a +1 post count?

NP99
3rd October 2013, 04:20 PM

It's an Android, it's a mm discussion, it all adds up. When you get older, you will understand how you can make 2+2=5 :)

taslucas
3rd October 2013, 04:34 PM
It's an Android, it's a mm discussion, it all adds up. When you get older, you will understand how you can make 2+2=5 :)

Lol.... Android you say sonny? Oh I have one of those thingyjigs