PDA

View Full Version : I Need help with my timing plzzz

joshplowe
29th September 2013, 01:20 PM
I just bought a SWB GQ patrol, it was running like crap, so my brother in law said it would more then likely be the points.. great, I went and bought everything so he could walk me through the change, however, after doing everything and pulling things apart, we found out it has a upgraded electronic ignition. so ive put everything back together and said it must be your timing, but by this stage, he is over it and now doesn't want to help me, so I have a car I cant even start or drive to the mechanics.. can anyone help me with either a manual of some sort or a video link to what I should do? im at the stage where I have lined everything up and now just trying to line the dizzy up to get her to start..

MudRunnerTD
29th September 2013, 01:35 PM
I just bought a SWB GQ patrol, it was running like crap, so my brother in law said it would more then likely be the points.. great, I went and bought everything so he could walk me through the change, however, after doing everything and pulling things apart, we found out it has a upgraded electronic ignition. so ive put everything back together and said it must be your timing, but by this stage, he is over it and now doesn't want to help me, so I have a car I cant even start or drive to the mechanics.. can anyone help me with either a manual of some sort or a video link to what I should do? im at the stage where I have lined everything up and now just trying to line the dizzy up to get her to start..

Here you go mate, your answer will be there for sure, sorry i only play with TD42s Your TB42 should not be very hard though. Oh Brotherly Love!! can suck big time.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=setting+timing+on+TB42&oq=setting+timing+on+TB42&gs_l=youtube.3...82.7199.0.7646.22.18.0.2.2.0.544. 2838.2-2j4j1j1.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.0fyIRn8QH3U

MudRunnerTD
29th September 2013, 01:38 PM

Hey Josh,

We are a friendly bunch mate, please post up an Introduction thread before asking another question. Not hard and much better to start with "G'day mate"

BigRAWesty
29th September 2013, 01:44 PM
Hi mate. Yea jump over to the intros and you may have a local member able to lend a hand.

taslucas
29th September 2013, 04:33 PM
It is also possible that the electronic ignition module or coil is faulty. Can you borrow another coil to try? Is all the wiring in good clean condition?