PDA

View Full Version : City View Camping & 4WD

NissanGQ4.2
13th January 2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.4wdqld.com/

YNOT
13th January 2011, 09:02 PM
Cityview closed last year.
Scenic Rim 4WD park has opened up right next door.

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
13th January 2011, 10:06 PM
Cityview closed last year.
Scenic Rim 4WD park has opened up right next door.

Tony

Strange.....there website doesn't mention anything about it been closed

YNOT
13th January 2011, 11:03 PM
Last I heard the owner was in jail.

Tony

Dhuck
27th January 2011, 11:15 AM
City View has re-opened and is now owned by Steve that owns Bega Rd Wrecking.

lawnbowls
27th January 2011, 10:10 PM
City View has re-opened and is now owned by Steve that owns Bega Rd Wrecking.

Hi Dhuck.... your 100% .... went there last Sunday and met with Steve ,.... he works on my daughters "HerLuX" ..... the drive in was great for me as a biginner .... Steve has big plans ..... he suggested that I do the DAP before tackling City View .... he reckons it is a grade 3 to extreme.... I gotta get into this more.... he suggested that next door .."Scenic Rim" would be great for beginners .... he said they dont have middle ground at Scenic Rim ... either beginner type stuff or Extreme....
Steve was in the final stages of completion of his toilet block .... top guy with great plans ....

YNOT
27th January 2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the update guys. it's good to know there is another 4WD park open, and so close to home for me.

Tony

lawnbowls
27th January 2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the update guys. it's good to know there is another 4WD park open, and so close to home for me.

Tony

Hey Tony.....
Steves contact detail for City View if you want it and others of course..... justdoit@gotalk.net.au OR mobile... Steve 0438 0438 71

Dhuck
28th January 2011, 08:50 AM
Steve is a good bloke. Have purchased many parts from the wreckers over the years. He also has a comp truck. Whether or not he is still comping I am not sure.

Forced Offroad
12th April 2011, 09:13 PM
Hi Dhuck.... your 100% .... went there last Sunday and met with Steve ,.... he works on my daughters "HerLuX" ..... the drive in was great for me as a biginner .... Steve has big plans ..... he suggested that I do the DAP before tackling City View .... he reckons it is a grade 3 to extreme.... I gotta get into this more.... he suggested that next door .."Scenic Rim" would be great for beginners .... he said they dont have middle ground at Scenic Rim ... either beginner type stuff or Extreme....
Steve was in the final stages of completion of his toilet block .... top guy with great plans ....

x2 mate, I also no Steve from Bega and being around the comp seen for awhile....Im really looking forward to what he has planned, and one day have the whole of city view back..
Sick prick previous owner ran that park into the ground... glad its in better hands..

Dhuck
12th April 2011, 10:23 PM
We will have to go out there and check it out. See what the camping and amenities are like.

Bigrig
12th April 2011, 10:59 PM
We will have to go out there and check it out. See what the camping and amenities are like.

Tomorrow?? lol

Can you tell I'm keen?!

Finly Owner
13th April 2011, 12:25 AM
Steve is a good bloke. Have purchased many parts from the wreckers over the years. He also has a comp truck. Whether or not he is still comping I am not sure.
Well well well! Steve hasn't had time for comping for a while he told me when I bought the spare SD33T off him. No wonder if he spends time getting cityview ready.

Finly Owner
13th April 2011, 12:26 AM
x2 mate, I also no Steve from Bega and being around the comp seen for awhile....Im really looking forward to what he has planned, and one day have the whole of city view back..
Sick prick previous owner ran that park into the ground... glad its in better hands..
Steves a nice bloke for sure, and has a friendly chimney running his place in his abscense. Worhtwhile using his number if needing Troll parts for sure.

Dirtydog16
18th February 2012, 12:22 AM
From what I understand, some of the old Cityview is now Scenic Rim. I know that they are next door to each other but speaking to the lady at Scenic Rim, from what I recall some of the proprty was bought from the land holder of the old cityview. My stepborther was with me and he was saying he was sure he had camped at a spot that wa at Scenic Rim on the day but when he had gone to cityview ages ago before it closed.

04OFF
3rd June 2012, 09:41 AM
It seems City View will be soon taking over the Scenic rim 4x4 park land, this will make it a fantastic park if they do as i hope , and just remove the fences so you can just explore everywhere :smiley_thumbs_up:

Thirsty
22nd July 2012, 06:49 PM
Went there today, Quite disapointed. I expected a more professional set up for the money. Its either have a comp truck or destroy your truck. Perhaps thats the kind of person its designed for. I did a few of the extreme tracks and yes they were fun and exciting, although without the lockers, as some of the guys I went out with were. they were not keen to tackle to much because it was truck destoying if you get it wrong. I'm proberly showing my age but destroying my truck is not fun and paying to do it is worse. I,ve 4wd over most of Glasshouse and have found this to be a more pleasurable day out with challenging tracks without the risk of falling off the edge of a track to roll 30 to 50M down the hill side.

Gas_Guzzler4800
12th February 2013, 08:13 PM
Old thread but just wondering if this has improved? Im heading there this Saturday for a day trip to check out the tracks and general camping/ammenities etc.

I have always heard of it referred to something that "rhymes with city" view. because of the wild tracks with nothing thats really medium to hard.

ozjeff
18th July 2014, 12:21 PM
opening up the old thread again as well. So any updates on this park?? Another thread says tracks are suited to Comp trucks only, or if you want to destroy your truck, though once again a few years old now.

Their map seems to show a mixture of tracks:
http://www.cityview4wd.com/maps.html

So anyone been recently ???

briscott
18th July 2014, 07:03 PM
Last time I was out there I there I thought it was ok. Numerous 'better than' beginner tracks, some hard, some too much for the lifted D40 I was in. Suited me as a place to take my daily to.

scubasteve
19th July 2014, 01:16 PM
I was there not long ago in my d22 navara and there was some tamer stuff for it to get around on and a bit of hard core rockcrawler stuff but theres plenty of in between too. It can get pretty sketchy when it rains tho I nearly flipped the navara (why I decided to get a patrol so I dont damage the daily driver) so theres definately a broad range of difficulties and the map is prettt accurate for difficulty