PDA

View Full Version : new springs going on

boggy2006
13th January 2011, 03:58 PM
hopefully this weekend, if nothing else breaks on the GQ, the kids aren't screaming too much, my mother (visiting from the UK) not nagging too much, I'll be putting my new Ironman 2" HD springs on. Expecting a 3-4" lift as the originals have sagged by nearly 2". Shocks will have to wait until next pay day. Just swapped the insurance to Just Car Insurance as they cover any legal mods and Budget were being difficult about it (have to do the change first, then they contact underwriters to get permission etc etc). With Just car, you can swap and change your mods and accessories online.

Woof
13th January 2011, 07:10 PM
Sounds good mate, don't forget some before and after photos for us to view

Finly Owner
13th January 2011, 11:30 PM
pics pics pics did i mention pics

boggy2006
14th January 2011, 08:44 AM
thanks for the reminder, it's something I always forget, like when I was doing up my last house, I always forgot the photos so couldn't remember what it was like before! (Not such a bad thing in that case though!).

Bigrig
14th January 2011, 09:13 AM
Yep - might already b up, but happy snaps for sure - before and afters!!!

boggy2006
17th January 2011, 09:32 PM
managed to get the spings in at the weekend. It was quite a job as the nuts were seized on the shocks, had to disconnect the sway bars and use spring compressors, but got them on eventually. The new spings (Iron man heavy duty 2") were only about 20mm longer than the originals, but significantly thicker and resulted in a 10cm lift. I measured my GQ at about 50mm under the standard height originally so it's now about 50mm above the standard height which is spot on. I got the heavy duty versions due to the gas conversion and bull bar adding weight, it was 2300kg on the weigh bridge. So plenty of room under the wheel arches now for the muddies and plenty more ground clearance than before. Definately need new shocks now as the original rears especially only have about 2" extension left in them.

Here's a few pics.