PDA

View Full Version : Manar Park

NissanGQ4.2
13th January 2011, 09:28 AM
http://www.manar.com.au/location.html

Big Red
26th February 2012, 01:57 PM
Haven't been out there for ages but its a great 4x4 spot, we used to camp on the river and spend half the day sitting in the water.
Did a few Comps out there, great fun.
Built a few tracks there such as Phils Folly ... are they still there?

NissanGQ4.2
26th February 2012, 01:59 PM
Haven't been out there for ages but its a great 4x4 spot, we used to camp on the river and spend half the day sitting in the water.
Did a few Comps out there, great fun.
Built a few tracks there such as Phils Folly ... are they still there?

Hi Big Red, Welcome 2 the forum,

Post up an intro about yourself and your rig in the intro section when you get a chance.

Cheers

Todd

macca86
26th September 2012, 04:36 PM
I was at the tyre shop and picked up a booklet on this place. ITT looks like a top spot any one want to plan a trip out here id be keen maybe Easter 2013

threedogs
26th September 2012, 04:44 PM
Shame you guys up north have to go to Parks for decent 4x4ing.
looks like a great spot though

macca86
26th September 2012, 05:01 PM
Still have plenty of national parks state Forrest and sand islands to go too but this would be great for a large group with families as toilets and showers for the women and children

nissannewby
26th September 2012, 05:48 PM
I was at the tyre shop and picked up a booklet on this place. ITT looks like a top spot any one want to plan a trip out here id be keen maybe Easter 2013

I woiuld be keen for something like this

nissannewby
26th September 2012, 05:50 PM

We have plenty of spots all within an hour of brisbane then even more again with in 2 hours of brisbane. I think we are pretty lucky with the amount of parks we have that are close. I can think of atleast 6 within a 2 hr drive from brisbane.

macca86
26th September 2012, 06:20 PM
I woiuld be keen for something like this

do you wanna semi organise it. Its pretty cheap family friendly has heaps of tracks and that I can help organise just don't wanna be the go too man. Plus Easter prob won't be very busy due to the location.

NissanGQ4.2
26th September 2012, 06:28 PM

Mate they are lucky to have so many parks set up 2 go 4x4ing, try living in the Blue Mountains, sh!t loads of bush but not so much in the way of 4x4ing. I dream of the day a 4x4 and dirt bike park opens up here..............but it is a dream and some dreams will never come true

nissannewby
27th September 2012, 08:44 AM
do you wanna semi organise it. Its pretty cheap family friendly has heaps of tracks and that I can help organise just don't wanna be the go too man. Plus Easter prob won't be very busy due to the location.

Sounds good to me man. I have been there a long time ago and it was awesome back then. Its certainly a park you need to spend a few days at due to its size so it would be good to spend 3-4 days there.

manarandy
5th November 2012, 11:46 AM
Hi Everyone,
Just to let you all know about Manar Park.
Manar has changed a lot in the last few years, The new owners Dave & Robyn have spent countless hours and a lot of time making Manar Park not only queenslands largest park but also one of the best.
What do we have to offer try over 200km's of 4wd tracks all individually graded from easy to extreme covering just about every type of terrain known with easy scenic drives (3 amazing lookouts and the waterfall circuit) through the park to extreme hills, rocky outcrops and natural gorges, heaps of great gullies and creeks as well as huge hillclimbs and mudpits galore.
We have worked hard to make Manar a family friendly park and the facilities are always clean and working, all amenities have hot showers and flushing toilets and there are 3 large camping grounds, front camp has powered sites and there is onsite accommodation available.
The Park also boasts a great shop and hotfood van with great burgers etc and are open 365 days.
We cater for groups and have over 15,000 acres for you to explore, motorbikes are also welcome with great tracks and circuits just for them as well.
You can go swimming or fishing in one of the large rockpools of the boyne river, children are catered for with a playground and coming soon a new waterslide.
More information is available with pricing at our website www.manar.com.au.
We hope you come out soon to experience the friendly new Manar Park

macca86
5th November 2012, 01:35 PM
Glad you guys made it on here my friends and I had a ball of a time there on the weekend

SWB1
7th January 2013, 03:51 PM
This looks great and I can talk the dirt bike as well, ....

macca86
26th March 2014, 07:18 PM
Hey guys I'm keen fir a weekend camping wheeling and bike riding. Anyone else keen and we will book a weekend in