PDA

View Full Version : Wood burning stove with usb charging outlet.

soundfx
22nd September 2013, 05:17 PM
http://www.biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/

Any one seen or used one of these? I got one as a gift but am finding it hard to justify carrying it my pack when I'm away from the 4WD. Seems like a unnecessary bulk.

threedogs
22nd September 2013, 05:25 PM
Don't like the idea of using power from your Phone M2cW

soundfx
22nd September 2013, 05:28 PM
M2cW?? What does that mean?

krbrooking
22nd September 2013, 05:28 PM
Don't like the idea of using power from your Phone M2cW

I think it actually charges your phone??

soundfx
22nd September 2013, 05:32 PM
Yeah, that it. It uses the heat from the fire to generate power to charge your phone or any other USB device. It also powers a small fan to help with combustion.

AB
22nd September 2013, 05:39 PM
M2cW?? What does that mean?

I think he means my 2 cents worth. Three dogs is all over the teenage abbreviations...lol

soundfx
22nd September 2013, 05:42 PM
Ah... right. I'm so far out of the loop I'm still saying carpe diem instead of YOLO!

BigRAWesty
22nd September 2013, 07:24 PM
Yea the concept is good. But I've read reports that heat is low and charging is slow. Ok for an older phone like the iPhone 3 and 4, but don't bother with pads..
And heat is low. Perfect for a hiker, but much better options when you have a car..

BillsGU
22nd September 2013, 10:43 PM
Just another useless gadget that you may use once ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and then store it in the cupboard with all the other useless gadgets.

NP99
22nd September 2013, 11:10 PM
Just another useless gadget that you may use once ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and then store it in the cupboard with all the other useless gadgets.

How many times have I heard that from the Minister of Finance........

BigRAWesty
22nd September 2013, 11:54 PM
How many times have I heard that from the Minister of Finance........

Amen.. It's like a record on repeat... Lol

soundfx
23rd September 2013, 08:16 AM
Haha, what you need is a good Minister of Propaganda to convince them otherwise.

BillsGU
23rd September 2013, 08:46 AM
It is true though. I have a shed full of crap to prove it!!! Most stuff I have bought for camping and 4 WDing when I first started - I replaced later with stuff that really did the job. I have nearly finnished the new shed and then I am having a garage sale to get rid of all this "really good and useful stuff".

NP99
23rd September 2013, 11:38 AM
It is true though. I have a shed full of crap to prove it!!! Most stuff I have bought for camping and 4 WDing when I first started - I replaced later with stuff that really did the job. I have nearly finnished the new shed and then I am having a garage sale to get rid of all this "really good and useful stuff".

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

taslucas
23rd September 2013, 12:54 PM
Someone started a thread on this product a while ago. I can't remember if they ended up buying one to test.

EDIT: was it you cuppa?

taslucas
23rd September 2013, 12:56 PM
Oh and threedogs, ya should read the product description. Just M2cW!