PDA

View Full Version : EOI Taree/Forster-Tuncry Trip October 18-20 2013

pbk1776
19th September 2013, 10:52 AM
Hi all

Its more of EOI - We are planning a trip to Taree and Forster-Tuncurry. If you are a 4wd Action Subscriber these tracks were featured on their 201 issue DVD. We have some friends from the area who will be organizing the wheeling and fishing Itinerary, also October we will have plenty of sunshine because of the daylight saving. In addition it is a family friendly trip. So we are extending this invitation to fellow Nissan Patrol forum members to put faces on names.

People coming with us - you can contact me on 0424 164 719

Date: 18th to 20th of October 2013

Meeting point: At Sydney 4wd Show Eastern Creek and leaving the venue by midday 12pm-12:30pm

UHF Channel: 18

Accommodation: We are planning to stay at Wallamba River Holiday Park - $40 powered site with own shower and toilet or $30 just powered site using public facilities or rent a cabin. Again we will make this as much family orientated trip with Wheeling/Fishing/Swimming. In addition here is the accommodation website http://www.aspenparks.com.au/ if you wish to check it out.

Trip: Taree/Forster-Tuncurry wheeling and beach driving (if we can get permits)

What to bring: You and family if they are coming, Friendly manner and Humour, Fishing gears, recovery gears and pocket $$$.

Condition: It might be a limited spots who can come, so please list your name if you are 100% sure coming and message either me or message me on 0424 164 719 so I can book everyone.
Note guys: prefer to have confirmation of coming by 6th of October thanks in advance

So Far here is the list of people coming
1. Raf GUII
2. Warrick GUIV
3. Craig GUIV
4. Rick GUII + 2 other rigs (80 series and Jimny)
5. Poss - 80 Series
6. Noel + Family GQ
7. Macca - maybe?? GU Coil Cab
8. Glenlux
9. Scott Nissan ute
10. Glen + 2 other rigs local guys

Ok guys thank you for expressing interests - trip list is now FULL
I will PM each one of you guys - most of you listed are from the
AREA so I will PM you more details and talk about meeting points

thank you all

rusty_nail
19th September 2013, 10:54 AM
Hi all

Its more of EOI - We are planning a trip to Taree and Forster-Tuncurry. If you are a 4wd Action Subscriber these tracks were featured on their 201 issue DVD. We have some friends from the area who will be organizing the wheeling and fishing Itinerary, also October we will have plenty of sunshine because of the daylight saving. In addition it is a family friendly trip. So we are extending this invitation to fellow Nissan Patrol forum members to put faces on names.

Date: 18th to 20th of October 2013

Meeting point: At Sydney 4wd Show Eastern Creek and leaving the venue by midday 12pm-12:30pm

UHF Channel: 18

Accommodation: We are planning to stay at Wallamba River Holiday Park - $40 powered site with own shower and toilet or $30 just powered site using public facilities or rent a cabin. Again we will make this as much family orientated trip with Wheeling/Fishing/Swimming. In addition here is the accommodation website http://www.aspenparks.com.au/ if you wish to check it out.

Trip: Taree/Forster-Tuncurry wheeling and beach driving (if we can get permits)

What to bring: You and family if they are coming, Friendly manner and Humour, Fishing gears, recovery gears and pocket $$$.

Condition: It might be a limited spots who can come, so please list your name if you are 100% sure coming and message either me or message me on 0424 164 719 so I can book everyone.

So Far here is the list of people coming
1. Raf GUII
2. Warrick GUIV
3. Craig GUIV
4. Rick GUII + 2 other rigs

you guys should come to the victorian alps meetup instead of this one!!!

pbk1776
19th September 2013, 11:19 AM
you guys should come to the victorian alps meetup instead of this one!!!

would love to - but this was planned by WOK and Rick earlier this year.

rusty_nail
19th September 2013, 11:22 AM
would love to - but this was planned by WOK and Rick earlier this year.

fair enough mate. its ashame, if it wasnt so close to the vic one i would love to come along!

Bloodyaussie
19th September 2013, 12:37 PM
Dont forget to post up pics and so on of your trip..... we all love pics!!!!!

pbk1776
19th September 2013, 12:58 PM
Dont forget to post up pics and so on of your trip..... we all love pics!!!!!

not a problem will post a lot of photos - so far we have 4x patrol, 1x 80 series and 1x jimny coming

Steve4wdin
19th September 2013, 03:50 PM
I am heading up to Tuncurry on Saturday. Bring it forward. See you there. Beers on me.
Steve

pbk1776
20th September 2013, 07:21 AM
I am heading up to Tuncurry on Saturday. Bring it forward. See you there. Beers on me.
Steve

Hi Steve - you staying there for how long? My mrs family are from tuncurry and blackhead
Thus trip is not until next month :-)

Steve4wdin
20th September 2013, 03:50 PM
Hi Steve - you staying there for how long? My mrs family are from tuncurry and blackhead
Thus trip is not until next month :-)

Go up tomorrow, Saturday for a week.

pbk1776
20th September 2013, 09:27 PM
Go up tomorrow, Saturday for a week.

Sweet for school holidays? Was going up as well this weekend but family will be down in sydney

trekster
20th September 2013, 11:08 PM
not a problem will post a lot of photos - so far we have 4x patrol, 1x 80 series and 1x jimny coming

Always good to have some vehicles to practice recoveries on :D

pbk1776
21st September 2013, 07:40 AM
Always good to have some vehicles to practice recoveries on :D
Haha nice one

pbk1776
24th September 2013, 08:49 AM
List updated

macca
24th September 2013, 12:26 PM
Hi all

If you are a 4wd Action Subscriber these tracks were featured on their 201 issue DVD. ...

If you are not sure of a couple of top spots in the DVD.

The place where he went spearfishing is McBride's Beach just on the southern edge of Forster down the steep track off the Cape Hawke Lookout Road.
The camp with our club (Manning Valley Great Lakes 4x4) is Farquhar, the southern inlet of the Manning River accessed after a 8? klm drive south along the beach from Manning Point, 45minutes drive north of Forster.
Most of the video of the tracks were the Slippery Hill's and Fence Line in the Possum Brush area.

Give you a bit of an idea.

pbk1776
24th September 2013, 01:13 PM
If you are not sure of a couple of top spots in the DVD.

The place where he went spearfishing is McBride's Beach just on the southern edge of Forster down the steep track off the Cape Hawke Lookout Road.
The camp with our club (Manning Valley Great Lakes 4x4) is Farquhar, the southern inlet of the Manning River accessed after a 8? klm drive south along the beach from Manning Point, 45minutes drive north of Forster.
Most of the video of the tracks were the Slippery Hill's and Fence Line in the Possum Brush area.

Give you a bit of an idea.

Thanks for the info - I will pass this on to the troops - hopefully our mate who resides locally in Taree
knows the area as you pointed out.

I know the place well as my Partner's family have couple of holiday houses in blackhead and tuncurry
but I am not familiar with any 4x4 tracks.

If you are in the area more happy to meet up with you and the club :-)

thanks again and have a great day

macca
24th September 2013, 07:19 PM
She has something booked in, I will try and go AWOL. Better turn the phone off too.
Might catch up for a drive if I can.

pbk1776
24th September 2013, 07:32 PM
She has something booked in, I will try and go AWOL. Better turn the phone off too.
Might catch up for a drive if I can.

Sweet see you then - I think I posted my mobile number nonetheless were on CH17 or CH18
I'm sure you know where we staying

pbk1776
30th September 2013, 07:17 AM
Updated list more locals coming

pbk1776
30th September 2013, 08:32 PM
Hi all

Trip is now full

thanks for everyone showed interests

Ben-e-boy
30th September 2013, 08:35 PM
I will see how I feel I might be passing back through from the Victorian meet up by that stage.

Ben-e-boy
30th September 2013, 08:36 PM
Woops. Should have read the last post lol

macca
3rd October 2013, 01:15 PM
See you Saturday morning at the camp, let me know what time you are heading out for the day. I will be staying with you for the rest of the weekend.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

pbk1776
4th October 2013, 07:19 PM
See you Saturday morning at the camp, let me know what time you are heading out for the day. I will be staying with you for the rest of the weekend.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

No probs - we will ring you

On the other note if you are local and wants to tag along please post it here

macca
12th October 2013, 08:03 PM
In a weeks time we will be sitting round a fire swapping yarns, be bloody good.
Put the Micky T's on today, check the RTT tomorrow and aside from food & drinks the ute is ready.

pbk1776
17th October 2013, 10:20 AM
Hey Macca
8:30-9 am Saturday
Aquatic Road

see you then

macca
17th October 2013, 03:56 PM
OK see you Saturday