PDA

View Full Version : Toss up between a 1996 Nissan GQ II DX or a 2000 NISSAN PATROL GU II ST

bigboss
12th January 2011, 05:28 PM
GQ Wagon
TD 2.8L
2 inch old man emus
new 31 "yokahomoas
excellent condition
142,000 k's
spotties
snorkel
side steps
tinted windows
agreed $13 200

GU Wagon
Inter TD 3.0L
snorkel
roof rack
stock as
224,000 k's
wants $15 500

What do you guys think?
Really hoping this will spark some const critics haha
Cheers

Clunk
12th January 2011, 05:38 PM
GQ all the way mate but then but thn again, I'm biased lol

YNOT
12th January 2011, 05:43 PM
I'd go the low mileage GQ as well. Mechanical injector pump and DX spec, so less to go wrong.

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
12th January 2011, 05:57 PM
GQ of course, why go backwards in buying a GU!

Woof
12th January 2011, 06:33 PM
I agree, GQ for sure.

AB
12th January 2011, 07:12 PM
GQ as well for me but being someone looking for a GQ as well I have been so sceptical on extremely low km's on 15 year old cars so check it out thoroughly mate.

Bigrig
12th January 2011, 07:15 PM
Mate - not able to offer any real advice on which one, but would I would like to say is "what an AWESOME decision to have to make" ... either way, it's a win/win situation ... good luck with it ...

beansathome
12th January 2011, 08:16 PM
GQ as well for me but being someone looking for a GQ as well I have been so sceptical on extremely low km's on 15 year old cars so check it out thoroughly mate.

i agree look at the kms. could be an old telstra car cars like that can have a clock that has ticked over so it could have donen 1 141 999. if u did round 2000kms a week u could get to those sorts of numbers keep that in mind.

the evil twin
12th January 2011, 08:54 PM
That is waaaay too much for the GQ esp with DX specs

Considering it is similar dollars for both I would try to get the ST spec GU for 14 ish... much much nicer drive, more room, higher equipment levels but question mark over the ZD30 altho if it hasn't grenaded yet who is to say.

Oh. I consider myself unbiased by the way... I love all Patrols

MudRunnerTD
12th January 2011, 10:07 PM
$13,200 for a GQ 2.8 DX??

Too much, way too much.

Big fan of the GQ but that is too much for that car, it really does not have much bolted to it to be honest. Dont be in a hurry.

The build date of the GU goes against it for the ZD30 and its bog stock so likely has lacked adequate service also.

If your going to spend that sort of money on a GQ then find a TD42 with a turbo and a bunch of stuff bolted to it ready to do a lap. if your patient you would find that for between $12k and $15k i reckon for a nice one.

If you are going to go a GU then find the latest model you can for the best money you have mate and if its a ZD30 really quiz the previous owner on how they have looked after it?

My 2c

Woof
12th January 2011, 10:12 PM
The Ks on the GU and the year model is what put me off it, who's to say that it won't self destruct soon.http://209.85.48.9/1806/9/emo/blowup.gif

bigboss
13th January 2011, 05:24 AM
Wow! loving the response! I previously owned a GQ and first things that grabbed was being a 2.8L was definatley i cautious of that after having a 4.2, test drive soon dispelled any doubts when cames to driving on road and its pickup i was very happy with how she went, but still thinking if 2.8 is a good option when it comes to life of engine? and anything i should know about or if i should stay clear of altogether! I have plans to use the patrol to and from work as i gradually upgrade her to a touring vehicle with balls about her! Second thing that grabbed me when having a look was the low k's... bloke bought it off an old guy on a farm who bought it new (owners word mind you) has only done 20 000 k's on it since and has a mechanic friend who services it every 10000 for him just had timing belt done, has just put the tyres on and springs within 6 months, top condition had a good look over and could not fault it! Only minor thing i found was that rear dif level bolt was broken and that hand brake light stayed on.

Dark 1
13th January 2011, 03:22 PM
Go the Gu mate, THEY RULE!!------------Nah only jokin all patrols rule. I would still go the gu as newer model, loss of money on future resale not as high, econimical engine & the fact that the gu's just look better. [in my opinion], don't want to start up any arguments.
2 cents worth.