PDA

View Full Version : Spammers trying to log into your account

AB
15th September 2013, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone,

We seem to be getting a lot of spammers trying to hit the forum with whats called a sniper attack on log ins.

Basically they are running programs to try and crack people's passwords and trying to log in under your username.

Nothing to worry about as we are all over it like a rash but we cannot stop them until I get a report from a member because they will get an email advising them that someone has tried and failed more than 5 times which locks you out for 15 minutes.

If you get one of these emails just forward it onto info@nissanpatrol.com.au and I will block their IP address. This will probably do nothing as they are most likely using a fake IP address but thats all we can do for now.

No stress, all they really want to do is access your account and post some crap up or change your profile a bit but I just want to advise you should have a password with a minimum of an unusual word and a couple of numbers to make it harder for them.

AB
16th September 2013, 06:45 PM
Hey blokes, thanks for your emails....Holy crap I just got a lot of your emails so this is a problem.

I just found a common trend with the IP addresses so I reckon I have knocked out a big portion.