PDA

View Full Version : Water trap on CRD

Maxhead
12th January 2011, 01:46 PM
Hello all you guru's out there.

I've heard of a few issues of water trap sensor on the fuel filter not working so I thought I should regularly check the trap myself.

I can't figure out or see where the water trap is. There is a short hose(about 6inches) that comes out of the side of the filter assembly but there's no tap to drain the water.

Could someone in the know explain how it works or how to check if theres any water in there.
I can't seem to find a CRD supplement for the manual.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Kris

Maxhead
14th January 2011, 04:54 PM
BUMP..
Anyone know where I might be able to find a CRD supplement for the manual.

Guido
27th January 2011, 08:51 PM
Hi NissPat - glad you raised this question - I went looking the other day for the same drain. The handbook clearly shows it - but when hunting around under the bonnet I couldn;t find it

Maxhead
27th January 2011, 09:08 PM
Hey Guido, you're one step ahead of me mate. I never looked in the handbook...lol
But I did look around the filter and could not find any trap or tap.

Maxhead
14th April 2011, 06:39 AM
Just thought I'd bump this one again....anyone know where the water trap is or where to find a CRD supplement

schanmala
21st January 2013, 01:53 PM
im keen to know how to drain the water trap too.

Cheers,
Scott

my third 256
21st January 2013, 02:17 PM
had my fuel filter off the other day and found the drain
as you look at the filter from the side of the car it is at about 11oclock about 30 mm up from the bottom
about the size of a 5 cent piece its round plastic nurled and in the centre is a small nipple to atatch a hose intrnal diamater is 2.5 aprox
you undo the outer of this
but it is far easier to take the filter off altogeather because you cant get your hand in there to loosen the drain
you can see it in the picture
hope this helps

Squalo
21st January 2013, 06:55 PM
I had no problem reaching the drain knob on mine, and you can fit a reasonably sized cup or jar under it.

The owners manual that comes with the car clearly explains how to check and drain the filter.