PDA

View Full Version : Monthly photo competition - What is it?

AB
12th September 2013, 06:34 AM
As requested by the members, this section is dedicated to a monthly photo competition.

At the start of the month we will start a new thread for members to submit their photos to the thread.

Members are welcome to post any photos they like but only one photo per monthly thread. You are all welcome to vote for your favourite photo(s) by pressing the "Thanks" button located underneath each post and at the end of the month we will tally up the winner by the most thanked post.

You are welcome to thank as many different posts as you wish!

As usual photos must be clean, no nudity, racial or violent pictures to be shown and will be deleted if need be. Photos don't necessarily have to be 4wd related. Most photos I assume will be scenic landscapes but it is only limited by your imagination.

Enjoy!

MudRunnerTD
12th September 2013, 07:41 AM
Good on you AB. I think the idea is to have a theme each month and the theme is then chosen by the winner from the previous month as the prize for winning.

taslucas
12th September 2013, 07:48 AM
Good on you AB. I think the idea is to have a theme each month and the theme is then chosen by the winner from the previous month as the prize for winning.

What!? No cold hard cash??

Cuppa
12th September 2013, 06:54 PM
I see a September comp is already up & running. Fast work, thanks Andy.

Now, if I may be so bold I'd like to make suggestions for the monthly photo competition guidelines to be posted at the commencement of each competition thread, along with acknowledgement of the previous month's winner & announcement of the new competition topic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Each month a new competition thread will commence & all forum members are invited to submit their photos .

* Maximum of three entries per person.

* Multiple entries should be made in separate posts

* Each entry should consist of a single photograph & a short description.

* Photos MUST have been taken by the member posting the photos or members of their party.

* Any photo which has been a winner will not be eligible for re-entry in any future competition.

* Please do not post photos that are not entries in the competition.

* The winner of the month's competition gets to choose the following month's competition topic.

* All members are encouraged to vote for the photos they think should win. This will be done by pressing the 'Thanks' button located underneath each post. Toward the end of the month the date & time of competition closure will be announced. Following this time the thread will be locked & the 'Thanks' counted to determine the winner.

* 'Thanks' may be added or withdrawn at any time during the month up until the competition is closed.
You are welcome to thank as many different posts as you wish!

*Inappropriate photos eg, sexual, racist, violent etc are unacceptable & should not be posted.

Good luck!

megatexture
12th September 2013, 07:03 PM
3 entries is going to get hectic lol

Barndillo
30th November 2013, 02:01 PM
I only just found this forum. What a great idea, I have to say I'll be getting into this from now on! Bit late for me to enter this month though.
My wife (me on behalf of my wife) have just order two new lenses for the Canon. I'll be sure to put them to work here.

Cuppa
30th November 2013, 05:39 PM
Barndillo, I reckon there’s plenty here would be interested to see what there is to see up around Weipa.

Although too late to enter for this month you are welcome to vote. Voting closes 8pm (Vic time) tonight.

Cuppa