PDA

View Full Version : Menai and Yalwal tracks

Newbiee
11th September 2013, 10:11 PM
hey guys kinda new to the 4x4 lifestyle, have a gq with a 3 inch lift and 33s and wondering what tracks would be good to try out. I am by far not a experienced fourwheel driver still learning alot of things just want to hit the tracks and have a good time. Any information would be great!

rusty_nail
11th September 2013, 10:14 PM
hey guys kinda new to the 4x4 lifestyle, have a gq with a 3 inch lift and 33s and wondering what tracks would be good to try out. I am by far not a experienced fourwheel driver still learning alot of things just want to hit the tracks and have a good time. Any information would be great!

Hi mate now many Sydney siders on here but I would be keen to go for a bash with ya. Menai is fun

pbk1776
12th September 2013, 10:08 AM
i'm happy to tag along - fair new in 4x4 as well only couple of trips done
and with the GU since only owning it for less than 2 months only went out
with it once

hopefully a weekend drive

rusty_nail
12th September 2013, 10:10 AM
ok well im keen to organise somthing with you guys after the october meetup?

phelonius
12th September 2013, 12:05 PM
I'm keen aswell. Been to menai a few times by myself. Keen to do it with others.

Frontbumfab
12th September 2013, 12:14 PM
I live 10 mins away from the yalwal tracks. Most are medium stuff. A big group from sydney came down on the weekend

rusty_nail
12th September 2013, 12:15 PM
woohoo wow where have all you sydney siders come from! im looking forward to this one. ill post up a meet for it soon! does anyone have any dates they would be keen for? frontbum, im keen to see your rig in action!

Newbiee
12th September 2013, 01:22 PM
This sounds awsome! i have been to menai a few times but only stuck close to the highway as the guys i was with only had standard trucks, anytime after october ill be in!

davo94
12th September 2013, 01:48 PM
I live 10 mins away from the yalwal tracks. Most are medium stuff. A big group from sydney came down on the weekend

Have you seen the 1st creek crosing lately? This the one at wambat flat just east of the camp groundhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/09/64.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/09/65.jpg

davo94
12th September 2013, 01:51 PM
Have you seen the 1st creek crosing lately? This the one at wambat flat just east of the camp groundhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/09/64.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/09/65.jpg

We had a dual locked gq on 35s that was on its side also. Gu ute on 37s dual locked bogged and winching failed. 1x 80 series with a broken steering knuckel and another 80 series with 35s all failed.. was a top drive tho. No major damage but lots of laughs..

pbk1776
12th September 2013, 02:24 PM
woohoo wow where have all you sydney siders come from! im looking forward to this one. ill post up a meet for it soon! does anyone have any dates they would be keen for? frontbum, im keen to see your rig in action!

Since joining the forum was looking for a trip with Patrols from Sydney Side but no one posts a trip - I am good anytime late october or late september as
already have a planned trip Mid next month we are doing Taree/Forster with 3 patrols

most of my trips are with Earth people - Yalwal/Mittagong and Menai

Keen to have a monthly trip with Sydney peeps

by the way I am still a beginner with very limited experience 4wder and not an extreme driver, just want something fun

Steve4wdin
12th September 2013, 03:55 PM
You can count me in on a day out, I reckon we could rouse up a few more as well. Kevin where are you???
Steve

Frontbumfab
12th September 2013, 04:26 PM
We had a dual locked gq on 35s that was on its side also. Gu ute on 37s dual locked bogged and winching failed. 1x 80 series with a broken steering knuckel and another 80 series with 35s all failed.. was a top drive tho. No major damage but lots of laughs..

Haha yeah mate its good lately. Someone had a good dig in it on the weekend. We drove down it on the way out. Did that loop with the big rockstep near the end. Did 6 stage on sat

davo94
12th September 2013, 04:29 PM
Friday night we were at the creek. 6 stage is getting nasty now. What rig were you in? Thats the 1st time iv been there in 6months.. well in the truck anyway.

Frontbumfab
12th September 2013, 06:27 PM
6 stage was good fun. I was in my mates gq with 39s. Only one to drive it on sat un assisted. Broke a cv too. Changed it and kept goin haha. And other mate in a gq unlocked 35s did it and only winched twice. Mad me keener to finish mine already

davo94
12th September 2013, 06:44 PM
6 stage was good fun. I was in my mates gq with 39s. Only one to drive it on sat un assisted. Broke a cv too. Changed it and kept goin haha. And other mate in a gq unlocked 35s did it and only winched twice. Mad me keener to finish mine already

Get it finished and lets get out there.