PDA

View Full Version : Doing the 3" lift at home on the gu

Mattonpatrol
11th September 2013, 09:52 PM
Hey all doing the 3" lift at home on my 99 model GU wagon,, I haven't done a lift before but it's all pretty basic Except for bushed but I have all the tools for taking coils out etc... I know I have coils, shocks, break lines & bushed to do.. But does anyone have any tips or tricks to help me do it?? Or anyone. Want to come and do it for me hahahahahah only kidding ;)

MudRunnerTD
11th September 2013, 10:19 PM
Hi mate. I would not do the bushes, you are far better keeping the Nissan Rubber bushes in the radius arms. I run 3" drop boxes on the GUIV and they are great mate. Way way better.

The rest is simple stuff.

** I note that you have created 2 threads about the same thing. You will get the traffic you need here mate. I will remove the second thread.

BillsGU
11th September 2013, 10:29 PM
If you do it in your garage - make sure you can fit under the door when you are finished!!

Morton
12th September 2013, 08:38 AM
the rear is easy & will take about 30 minutes tops, rear brake line is just ok for a 3" lift, front is a little trickier, remember to fit 2" extended links for the rear swaybar if it is fitted, do the same for the front, I did my rear end last weekend & will do the front end in a Cpl od weeks as I am going away for the next Cpl of w/e's

BigRAWesty
12th September 2013, 10:43 AM
the rear is easy & will take about 30 minutes tops, rear brake line is just ok for a 3" lift, front is a little trickier, remember to fit 2" extended links for the rear swaybar if it is fitted, do the same for the front, I did my rear end last weekend & will do the front end in a Cpl od weeks as I am going away for the next Cpl of w/e's

To be safe grab a new longer rear and put the rear On the front.. Save yourself $30 ish..

Frontbumfab
12th September 2013, 10:49 AM
Throw the swaybars over your shoulder. Shouldnt roll much with a 3inch lift. I just unbolt the brake line off the diff and pull the hard lines up a little. Easy ways to do things. People will argue its dodgy but all the patrols at home work fine hahah ;)

Hodge
12th September 2013, 11:34 AM
If you do it in your garage - make sure you can fit under the door when you are finished!!

Lmao . I'm guessing it's happened to people?
Sorry I have nothing solid to contribute but found this to be funny.

threedogs
12th September 2013, 11:41 AM
Any one owning up << can always deflate tyres I suppose but would be funny as IMO

MudRunnerTD
12th September 2013, 11:41 AM

This happened to me when I did the ground up rebuild on the GQ! Couldn't get it out the bloody door. I had 35s on and deflated the tyres to flat, reversed out and then pumped up the tyres again. Happy days

B rad
17th September 2013, 06:49 PM
I have a mate that never does anything wrong ever ( in his eyes )I thought it was the funniest thing ever when he done this but the funniest part was it was a hilux