PDA

View Full Version : Holland Track

Stropp
11th September 2013, 04:51 PM
well i am heading off tomorrow with the western patrol club for a 5 day trip on the Holland Track, we are doing Hyden to Coolgardie, its been raining here for about 3 days so it will be pretty wet which is not what i was hoping for as its harder to clean caked on clay than dust lol, i'm looking forward to getting away for a few days as this will be my first break for over 12 mths. I coulnt wait till the meetup in the middle so grabbed this oportunty, will post up pics when i get back and if i can workout my new gopro :1087: maybe a couple of videos too. should have a couple of these :1062: as we sit by the fire as it will be cold still out there.

93patrol
11th September 2013, 04:56 PM
have a good trip mate and drive safe. Look forward to seeing some photos my mate did the holland on his chook chaser a couple of years ago looks like a lot of fun

geoffayres
11th September 2013, 05:06 PM
Should be fun. 3 days of rain will certainly make it interesting.
There was plenty of water around when we did it 2 years ago, in the rain, with the camper.
There are some sporty sections......make sure you stay on the track, 'cos it can get very soft just off it.
Enjoy......

Stropp
11th September 2013, 05:23 PM
yeh should be fun, there are 9 of us going at this stage, it has been quite wet out there over the last couple of weeks too so this last bit of rain will make it more challenging, i was hoping for a relaxing trip just to get away from work and i still hope its like that but we will see when we get going.

Avo
11th September 2013, 07:54 PM
Stropp it's always good to get away from it all..Enjoy and stay safe mate..and pics when you get back please

MudRunnerTD
11th September 2013, 07:57 PM
Have fun mate, heads up on the Gopro, if it is brand new make sure you do the update before you go, also download the App for your phone as it allows you to use it as a remote control and remote screen to view both where it is pointing and when you are recording if you have it outside the car. Nothing worst than shooting video and being off shot by 5degrees.

Have a great time.

DX grunt
11th September 2013, 07:59 PM
Enjoy yourselves.

I'd be checking with the authorities/local governments BEFORE you go, as we've had quite a bit of rain out this way and I'm not sure if the roads are open/closed.

I know in the Shire of Mukinbudin, ALL gravel roads have been closed to heavy vehicles a couple of times over the past couple of weeks.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Woof
11th September 2013, 08:18 PM
Hope you all get stuck....LOL

Clunk
11th September 2013, 08:49 PM
Enjoy the trip Stropp and stay safe mate........ Gonna be muddy as :D

Cuppa
11th September 2013, 09:55 PM
Have a good trip. Looking forward to your pics.

Stropp
11th September 2013, 11:06 PM
Have fun mate, heads up on the Gopro, if it is brand new make sure you do the update before you go, also download the App for your phone as it allows you to use it as a remote control and remote screen to view both where it is pointing and when you are recording if you have it outside the car. Nothing worst than shooting video and being off shot by 5degrees.

Have a great time.

Thanks MR will look at it tomorrow morning, I assume that I can update the go pro through iTunes? I will download the app for the phone too, I have the black with the remote anyway, it's a bit techo for me but I'm sure I will work it out or get someone to show me.

MudRunnerTD
11th September 2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks MR will look at it tomorrow morning, I assume that I can update the go pro through iTunes? I will download the app for the phone too, I have the black with the remote anyway, it's a bit techo for me but I'm sure I will work it out or get someone to show me.

No Worries, if you have the remote happy days but the App will allow you to use your phone to view the Gopro lens as if there was a screen on the back of the cam but it is played in real time on your iphone. Its great.

You might not need the update? i got mine at Christmas and it needed an immediate upgrade which i failed to do before heading out and could not use the Wifi or the App until o got home.

Just plug in the Gopro to the computer and follow your nose mate.

oncedisturbed
11th September 2013, 11:12 PM
this is a trip I want to do as well, have a good run Stropp and lotsa piccies for us pic wh0re$ back here

Stropp
11th September 2013, 11:25 PM
No Worries, if you have the remote happy days but the App will allow you to use your phone to view the Gopro lens as if there was a screen on the back of the cam but it is played in real time on your iphone. Its great.

You might not need the update? i got mine at Christmas and it needed an immediate upgrade which i failed to do before heading out and could not use the Wifi or the App until o got home.

Just plug in the Gopro to the computer and follow your nose mate.

Will do first thing tomorrow cheers

Rustyboner81
12th September 2013, 02:00 AM
See ya when ya get back mate

TheFlyingBadger
12th September 2013, 02:21 AM
there's an update from the end of July for the GoPro. i've just updated my 2 ready for tomorrow. I'm going to have a play on the drive out with time lapse photography..

Stropp
13th September 2013, 05:07 PM
Well we are only about 60 k into it and so far two very wet patrols, can't upload pics but will do, mud runner thanks for the tip on the ipad / iPhone setup, works a treat cheers.

Woof
13th September 2013, 09:10 PM
Are you there yet??????????????

Bloggsy
13th September 2013, 09:30 PM
Are you there yet??????????????

They're probably still at the Hyden pub LOL!

DX grunt
13th September 2013, 09:34 PM
They're probably still at the Hyden pub LOL!

With spray on mud as a diversionary tactic. lol.

Clunk
13th September 2013, 09:42 PM
With spray on mud as a diversionary tactic. lol.

not everyone does your trick asphalt man!!!!!!!

DX grunt
13th September 2013, 09:45 PM
not everyone does your trick asphalt man!!!!!!!

You should be proud of me.

Last night, I drove on a gravel road for 3 km. It was like venturing into the wilderness. PML. hahahaha

Edit: I put it in H4. too. PML even more. hahahaha

Woof
13th September 2013, 09:47 PM
They got to Wave Rock, but that is all sealed road anyway

93patrol
14th September 2013, 12:02 AM
Ross 2 wheels on the verge is not gravel road mate BTW haha

Clunk
14th September 2013, 12:54 AM

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahah...................... .......... poor old Rossco

taslucas
14th September 2013, 07:51 AM

Hahaha, yeah he drove down his street BEFORE the street sweeper one morning!! Took him days to clean that sh1t out!!

Woof
14th September 2013, 12:27 PM
Well their trip has started and on the 1st day they were waiting in Hyden for an auto electrician, apparently one of them drowned their Patrol

Clunk
14th September 2013, 12:32 PM
so who drowned Doggy?????

Woof
14th September 2013, 12:58 PM
so who drowned Doggy?????
Their not saying mate

Clunk
14th September 2013, 01:09 PM
my bets on Badger!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

Bloggsy
14th September 2013, 01:13 PM
There's mention of Thomas the Tank

Woof
14th September 2013, 01:18 PM
There's mention of Thomas the Tank
Yes I read that as well Darren, but no one has confirmed it yet

Clunk
14th September 2013, 01:30 PM
is the news on the WPC forum or is it all hush hush secret squirrel stuff???? lol

Bloggsy
14th September 2013, 02:57 PM
is the news on the WPC forum or is it all hush hush secret squirrel stuff???? lol

It's on faceache!

Stropp
18th September 2013, 12:03 AM
Well what a trip, it was wet and muddy the whole way,7 k's in and Thomas sunk his shorty and had to go back to Hyden as it kept shutting down, turned out to be the alarm system shorted out, we continued in and get to 19 k's and badger sunk his but kept going. After that we checked the wet spots for depth and skirted the ones that were over about knee height, that night we camped off the track and waited for Thomas and rob to catch up with us, next morning it was a late one as it rained all night and into the morning,we headed off again and after a good day we made it to Thursday rock and camped the night, we copped rain again that night but managed to get way reasonably early. This trip was a play it by ear job and we did, we got to the point where we decided to not head to coolgardie but instead we turned right and headed for cave rock down Victoria rock road, we arrived at cave hill and had a look around and the headed for murunji track I think it was, after missing the turn we eventually found it and it was quite overgrown at the entrance, we headed down the track in hope we could get through as it looked like it hadn't been used for sometime. We again camped on the side of the road and had a good dry night before heading off again, we had two members pull out and head to norseman for fuel so we hooked up onto the Norseman Hyden road and headed back up to where we camped the first night so Thomas and rob could do that part of the track. This time we had no issues with sunken patrols, when we got to the end of the track one of the guys who went for fuel was waiting for us so we all headed off after airing up for Hyden, at Hyden Ewan kept going to Perth but the rest of us stayed the night after a well deserved beer at the pub, it absolutely pissed down that night and we packed up wet yet again and headed for Perth. What an epic trip, it was really good to get out into the bush and explore some tracks that none of us had ever been on previously and spend time with a great bunch of people, thanks to Rob, Thomas and graham for organising the trip. Photos to follow.

Clunk
18th September 2013, 12:07 AM
Sounds epic and very very wet mate lol

Stropp
18th September 2013, 07:31 PM
heres some pictures:jawdrop:

Woof
18th September 2013, 07:37 PM
Ah, The Sinking Badger....LOL
Sounds like everyone had a great trip......

Stropp
18th September 2013, 07:49 PM
more pics of the trip :tease:

Stropp
18th September 2013, 07:54 PM
and more still

oncedisturbed
18th September 2013, 11:34 PM
still yet to do this track, looks like you guys had a ball

Stropp
19th September 2013, 12:39 PM
let me know when you are going Jason i would like to go again when the weather is a bit better, we had a ball out there.

oncedisturbed
19th September 2013, 10:09 PM
will do :)

robsgq
21st September 2013, 05:26 PM
Was a great trip thanks guy's for coming along plans are already in place for another trip but with a bit of a twist :).

Woof
21st September 2013, 07:19 PM
How much more twisted can you get Rob, drowned 2 Patrols on this one mate...LOL

Rustyboner81
21st September 2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks guys. Great times, more to come

oncedisturbed
21st September 2013, 10:33 PM
Ooh ooh plenty of notice peeeaaaasssseeee so I can argue with the roster gods

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

DX grunt
21st September 2013, 10:53 PM
How much more twisted can you get Rob, drowned 2 Patrols on this one mate...LOL

Who cares?

Freo Dockers are in the grand final!!! lol

Clunk
21st September 2013, 11:09 PM
Who cares?

Freo Dockers are in the grand final!!! lol

Back in your box Grunter :D

Dinger
23rd September 2013, 11:45 PM
Great story stropp. Did the track last Xmas was dry as. Looks like it was great fun.