PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Sizes?

thatswhyy
10th September 2013, 08:31 PM
Hey guys
just after some feed back on what size pipe am going to use for intercooler piping exhaust and snorkel? also what size cooler to cut lag down?
had turbo cars before but never a diesel so any info would be great.
having 4" stainless snorkel in to std Airbox (unless I should make one if anyone has reasons to change it)
2.5 or 3" airbox to turbo inlet
2 inch on the inlet side of turbo to intercooler
2.5 inch from intercooler to manifold.

3" turbo back no mufflers with one 3" flex pipe near the front.
I will be making it all myself so any tips on where to run them would also be helpful as I don't want to cut my radiator support
thanks guys
sam

Winnie
10th September 2013, 08:32 PM
What motor and turbo setup are you running? Are you going for really big power?

Hey pop around to the intro section and introduce yourself and tell us about your Patrol.

thatswhyy
10th September 2013, 08:54 PM
hey mate 2.8 td gq not going for big power just going for a bit more power and will do

sil3nt_dr3ams
21st September 2013, 05:32 AM
If your focusing on cutting the lag down, make the piping as short as possible. If you've had turbo cars before throw what you know out the window. I myself before having patrol had a nasty r33 skyline and diesels are a whole new world. Mate before you go down the road of spending bid money on a 2.8 do your research. Bin the 2.8 and build a 4.2 I don't think many will argue with that.

threedogs
21st September 2013, 08:18 AM
Same as above don't think you'll get too much out of a 2.8, same as my 3ltr
The 4.2 is the pic of motors to power up, you can get some big numbers but
you'll need to spend big too. IMO

sil3nt_dr3ams
21st September 2013, 09:31 AM
There is no point starting on the back foot, no matter how much money you throw at you'll still have a 2.8. A mate of mine is wrecking a 2.8 atm he cant even give the motor away.

thatswhyy
23rd September 2013, 08:17 PM
thanks for your input guys but this isn't going to be truck I keep for ages just something to get me started and just do a bit of traveling once I decide where I want to be and what I want to buy.
already have cooler and piping in my shed and a weekend of my time wont be throwing money at it

mudski
24th September 2013, 07:14 PM
Just stick a 3inch zorst on it and get a performance chip. I have read they go alot better after these two mods. The ic piping is more rhan sufficient. The ic itself may be not up to scratch but watch oem coolers are?
If its something your not going to keep. Just do the basics...