PDA

View Full Version : Calling on GU owners (2005+) with ARB winch bullbars

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2013, 02:10 PM
I am calling on any GU owners 2005 onwards with an ARB winch bullbar.
I need to get measured the distance between the winch mount bolt hole on the bar and the bar mounting bracket on the bullbar on the left side. The winch is I think 223mm for bolt centre to end on motor.

If I get a someone, I'll PM my mobile or you can PM your mobile and I'll give you a call or just get the measurement if you understand my engrish above.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MudRunnerTD
10th September 2013, 02:31 PM
200mm

But the winch is mounted slightly above the chassis mount

MudRunnerTD
10th September 2013, 02:36 PM
From above centre rail of bar

Looking straight along the chassis rail level

MudRunnerTD
10th September 2013, 02:36 PM
ARB deluxe winch bar on GUIV

MudRunnerTD
10th September 2013, 02:43 PM
I have only recently had the ARB bar fitted by the panel beater after the crash. I can confirm that the mount system on the ARB bar is COMPLETELY Different to the OE bar from Nissan that it replaced. A heap more room in there mic. I fitted this winch to the Nissan bar and it was snug in there but there is heaps of room around this one.

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2013, 02:48 PM
200mm

But the winch is mounted slightly above the chassis mount

It's not looking promising.
I just look at Runva website and the drum size is 223mm.
The bolt hole centre to end of motor is 206mm.
I'm really hoping your measurement was rough.

MudRunnerTD
10th September 2013, 02:52 PM
If you look at that last pic i posted. That is looking dead straight ahead through the bar and along the chassis. The Winch is actually Above the rail and the Airbag crush mount is like a little slipper on the end of the chassis rail. Then you see the adjusting screw (big silver washer you can see it well from the top pic looking down on it) Given what i have just seen i think you will be right mate.

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2013, 03:13 PM
If you look at that last pic i posted. That is looking dead straight ahead through the bar and along the chassis. The Winch is actually Above the rail and the Airbag crush mount is like a little slipper on the end of the chassis rail. Then you see the adjusting screw (big silver washer you can see it well from the top pic looking down on it) Given what i have just seen i think you will be right mate.

I really really hope so.
I just spoke to Steve (Steve4wdin) as he has a 2011 GU like mine and has a ARB deluxe winch bar and he'll get me measurements and maybe photos also a bit later on.

Drew
10th September 2013, 03:25 PM
If you need to see one I'm not far away :)

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2013, 03:28 PM
If you need to see one I'm not far away :)

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

I'm from Western suburbs area also.

Steve4wdin
10th September 2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.runvawinch.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/EWX12000-DRAWING.jpg
Mic I think it should fit mate. Just checked the web site, and measurements against the ARB bar and there is plenty of room. Have a look at the specifications. Any way if ARB are fitting they can fit before the bar is fitted.
Good talking to you

happygu
10th September 2013, 06:29 PM
Mego,

I have a ARB Deluxe Bar with a Warn XP95 winch ... plenty of room around it.

I will take some pictures if you like

Mic

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2013, 06:54 PM
Mego,

I have a ARB Deluxe Bar with a Warn XP95 winch ... plenty of room around it.

I will take some pictures if you like

Mic

Yes a 9500lb winch will fit but I have a 12000lb Runva which is/may be the problem.

Steve4wdin
10th September 2013, 07:00 PM
The 223mm you are talking about is length of drum not diameter. You have stacks of room. Trust me I'm a ....... Fitter
163mm is diameter of drum.

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2013, 07:01 PM
The 223mm you are talking about is length of drum not diameter. You have stacks of room. Trust me I'm a ....... Fitter

Trust me, I'm NOT.

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2013, 07:27 PM
Trust me I'm a ....... Fitter

Diameter is not my concern but length if motor.

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2013, 07:43 PM
Can you dummy fit the winch with the bar on.

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2013, 09:47 PM
Thank you for all that have helped tonight.

I found a mate who had recently fitted a bar but no winch so I took my Runva Ewx12000 over to his house and completely fitted the winch itself to the bull bar.
And it fits, snugly with about 10mm to spare but it fits no probs at all
Steve you were 100% correct and thank you for your help over the phone today.