PDA

View Full Version : Best budget shocks?

4 by 4
9th September 2013, 03:14 PM
Need new shocks to suit a 2" lift as mine are rooted. Not looking to spend much over 800.

I have been looking on suspension stuffs website and messaged Shane and he recommended the oztec shocks. Has anyone had any experience with them? I'm kind of leaning towards getting bilsteins as they are a monotube whereas oztec are a twin tube.

Cheers.

MudRunnerTD
9th September 2013, 03:59 PM
If your budget is $800 for a set of shocks and you are fitting them yourself and dont need springs then you can buy ANY shock on the market other than a remote res range!!

Old Man Emu is $623 for a set of 4 in the price list i have here that may be 2 years old but it will be close. Fitted for $751.

Prices include GST

A budget shock will be about $400 for the set mate

Bloodyaussie
9th September 2013, 05:09 PM
I just fitted OME shocks and am wrapped with them at $630 and I fitted them myself in 30min......

threedogs
9th September 2013, 06:04 PM
I'm sure EFS and series 2000 tjm are in that range as well , I run them [efs] and find them great
after 16 back operations I need the Patrol as soft as possible

geoffayres
9th September 2013, 07:12 PM
A set of Koni 82's will cost about $800.

Adjustable and rebuildable.

Fit and forget......

4 by 4
9th September 2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the input guys! After having a read around the forum I'm thinking about forking out the cash for the amada's as they are rebuild-able, remote res and not a super expensive shock. :thumbup:

Next question! I plan on upgrading to a 3" lift down the track maybe even with flexy coils, but I need new shocks asap as my current ones are so f'd that I'm almost positive ill need them for a rwc. Will the shocks suited to a 3" lift have a good enough open/closed length for the 3" flexy coils? or should I just stick to 3" normal coils :cheers: