PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please no manual download but heaps of junk on pc

marcsain
7th September 2013, 09:37 PM
Can anybody pls help I went to the look of Manuals, and wanted to download the 98GU Nissan Patrol Y61 handbook but when I click Download all I got was heaps and I mean heaps of junk on my computer now. Am I downloading the incorrect items?
Please help can anybody pls tell me how I download the Manual?

AB
7th September 2013, 09:51 PM
Hey mate what do you mean by heaps of junk on your computer?

What did you click on to get "heaps of junk"?

I'm not following what you mean?

AB
7th September 2013, 09:52 PM
This site does not have unwanted downloads of anything apart from PDF manuals.

Clunk
7th September 2013, 09:54 PM
When you go to download the manual you want..... click on the file. This dowlad file will usually be a PDF with an embedded link on it. Click on the link, this will then usually download a zip file. Now you need to create a new folder and hen extract that zip file to the new folder........ you may have extracted all he files to your desktop.

There may also be a readme file which you should also take note of for any instructions

AB
7th September 2013, 10:01 PM
I saw your other post mate.....click link below

http://bit.ly/KekJKx

marcsain
7th September 2013, 10:07 PM
On the bar there is are red boxes and the one box says Manuals, I clicked on that and it took me to the page that says all the Nissan manuals and it say Download when I hit downloads I got all this password box stuff download on my computer and all other stuff. But them I went to forum and looked for manuals found it there, but after download I could not open it as it is RAR ext??

AB
7th September 2013, 10:13 PM
Yeah you must of clicked a google Adsense advert. Thanks for the 20 cents....lol

the rar rile you have is the manual it's like a zip file. It makes the manual small to download.

Click that link above, go to the first website. You now need software to unzip the rar file if you dont already have software on your computer. Win zip is a good free program.

Right click the rar file on your computer first to see if there is anything that says unzip or extract.

marcsain
7th September 2013, 10:24 PM
I got it download but there must be hundreds of files and I mean hundreds of them so I guess I will have to open every file to get to the one I want, unless you have an easeir way for me to do it

Clunk
7th September 2013, 11:01 PM
Like I said previously, there should be a "readme" file there somewhere, this should give you instructions on how to use the manual correctly

marcsain
7th September 2013, 11:21 PM
I just want to thank you so much for all the help you had given me, I did struggle "A LOT" but we just found what we were looking for. It did not stipulate exactly what manual model we were looking for but I think I had help from above because I just stumbled upon it.
Your helped id guid me in the right direction.
Manny many many thanks Bernadette

Clunk
7th September 2013, 11:23 PM
As long as you found what you were looking for

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

PMC
8th September 2013, 07:02 AM
G’day marcsain,

All the best with the manuals

Regards,

RLI