PDA

View Full Version : Front Passenger seat GU DX wanted

Supa
6th September 2013, 01:07 PM
Hi All
I have just acquired a 2008 Cab Chassis Patrol. It's a three seater (2 and a half really) and I would like to replace the passenger double seat with a single bucket seat.

Happy to swap. The seats are in very good condition.
I'm in Castle Hill in Sydney

Cheers
Stephen

threedogs
6th September 2013, 02:14 PM
A few here have fitted commodore seats others like Cuppa have fitted ST buckets,
Check the archives heaps of threads on this topic

happygu
6th September 2013, 04:39 PM
Stephen,

If no-one can help you here, you have a few options.....

If you keep a watch on E-bay or visit your local wreckers, you should be able to pick up a set of bucket seats and sell the drivers seat, or even just the passenger one, for a good price.

Mic

Cuppa
6th September 2013, 04:53 PM
If you swap to ST bucket seats you will also most likely want to fit the centre console. To do this you will also need the ST handbrake lever, & the floor plate which fits under the gear levers cover.

It is quite rare to find anyone who wants to swap their bucket seat for the bench seat, but in my case patience paid off, & a local bloke, put in touch with me by a mate of his who had read this forum, & I, did the complete swap, including driver's seat, so we both had matching seats. The ST bucket seats seem to go for silly money on eBay, but they are more comfortable than the DX ones. Our local wreckers had some for $200' but the idgits had them still in the car, with the window down, so they had been well 'weathered'.

Cuppa

Supa
8th September 2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have looked on ebay and there are a few options I can chase up but thaught I would try here first.

About the centre console I thought I might whip something up myself.

Not in a hurry for this as there is still plenty of work to do the turn this beast into my ultimate camper.

Cheers