PDA

View Full Version : kimberley 2013

tusman
5th September 2013, 09:38 PM
hi all, been a while since I posted anything but I have certainly been busy. Got back from a 6 week holiday to NT and WA a few weeks ago. We have been to Ayres rock, The olgers, Kings canyon, Darwin, El Questro, Home valley station, and much more. We left Bendigo Victoria mid June solo and did Ayres rock, Olger's and kings canyon solo before meeting friends at three ways. we then went to Kathrin, unfortunately 25 km's out of Kathrin our friend's blew a gear box (striped 3 teeth off 5th gear) that cost us a week which we made the most of exploring Darwin river. once back on the road (with our mate's in a brand new car) we headed to the kimberleys. First to Kunnanara then to El Questro and finally Home Valley station. The Gibb river road was in terrible condition and almost destroyed the boat trailer behind the 3rd car in our convoy (more friends we met at Victoria river). It was an amazing trip and I am happy to report that our little Nissan handled all conditions (other then the highway) better than the other cars in convoy. We were planning to make it to Mt Elizabeth station and do the Munja track but the breakdown stopped that idea. Despite that it was an excellent trip with excellent people and would happily do it again tomorrow. here is a few pics

tusman
5th September 2013, 09:41 PM
and more pictures

tusman
5th September 2013, 09:43 PM
and even more pictures

MEGOMONSTER
5th September 2013, 09:44 PM
Great pics. Sounds like you had an excellent trip. Thanks for sharing.

cvando
6th September 2013, 09:34 AM
great photos mate

Sir Roofy
6th September 2013, 10:42 AM
Thanks mate now i want to go as well really great pics thanks for sharing

Cuppa
6th September 2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks for sharing. The north west is the best part of the country i reckon. You sure packed a lot into 6 weeks!

Cuppa

tusman
6th September 2013, 06:09 PM
Yeah we did just over 11000kms but 7000 of that was just getting there and back so the first week was big and the 2 day's home was a bit silly we actually drove straight from tenant creek home 30hrs straight which I don't recommend but it saved us having to stay in coober pedy.