PDA

View Full Version : October Long Weekend

cvando
5th September 2013, 10:51 AM
Long weekend is coming up fast. i will probably be down the South East camping anyone else got plans to be in the area? also as im from Pt Elliot, if anyone on here is down the southcoast way for a sunday drive dont be afraid to shoot me a PM or something iv got a few little local trails i love to show people. and goolwa beach is always fun.

as for Future trips i know its a fair way off but looking at googs track over christmas as well.

Casey

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 02:54 PM
Funny you mention that. We're hitting hindmarsh for the weekend lol...
But taking the Ford as none of my mate's have 4x4s to play On the beach with..
Enjoy the weekend down here..

cvando
5th September 2013, 03:02 PM
hindmarsh island?

dune-mad-patrol
2nd October 2013, 10:15 AM
being from the ep, im keen to get up to googs track one day, so if you do start planning a trip let me know and ill see what i can work out :)

BigRAWesty
2nd October 2013, 10:24 AM
being from the ep, im keen to get up to googs track one day, so if you do start planning a trip let me know and ill see what i can work out :)

Were doing the Simpson crossing next year if your keen..

hindmarsh island?

Yes mate, enjoy the weekend down here.. Hopefully this weather passes..

dune-mad-patrol
2nd October 2013, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Westy's Accessories;431390]Were doing the Simpson crossing next year if your keen..

Have to see how funds are going by then, once i can get some money saved up im keen to do all sorts, building my gu on a budget to see how much i can do :)

BigRAWesty
2nd October 2013, 07:08 PM
Nothing huge needed for the Simpson. Just mechanically A1 and some good tread. AT's are fine.
Check out my draw build mate. If you have some basic carpentry skill or a carpenter mate you'll have draws in no time..
12mm ply is a must for strength and weight.
But all the details I'm the thread mate.

BigRAWesty
2nd October 2013, 07:37 PM
Double post...

dune-mad-patrol
2nd October 2013, 07:58 PM
Yeah, its not the car or accessories that are the issue its the fuel etc that gets hard, but ill keep saving and see what happens when the time comes

NP99
2nd October 2013, 08:18 PM
Yeah, its not the car or accessories that are the issue its the fuel etc that gets hard, but ill keep saving and see what happens when the time comes

I'd hate to think what the ppl for fuel will be next year :(

BigRAWesty
2nd October 2013, 08:33 PM

Yea the blokes reckon $1500 In Fuel... :beer:

mudski
2nd October 2013, 08:34 PM
Funny you mention that. We're hitting hindmarsh for the weekend lol...
But taking the Ford as none of my mate's have 4x4s to play On the beach with..
Enjoy the weekend down here..

Don't you hate that. I only have one mate outside this forum with a 4wd and his is a zook and the last time he used it was last year at the Murrundindi meet up. So when I go camping I am the only 4wd to go. Hopefully will have the new camper by then.

BigRAWesty
2nd October 2013, 08:42 PM
Don't you hate that. I only have one mate outside this forum with a 4wd and his is a zook and the last time he used it was last year at the Murrundindi meet up. So when I go camping I am the only 4wd to go. Hopefully will have the new camper by then.

Yea there all city slickers now.. One mate has bought a hilux 4x2, so nearly there.. The others are still running around in rice burners..

mudski
2nd October 2013, 09:36 PM
Lol. Isn't Mt.Gambier out in the sticks though. City slicker wannabees....Hehe.

BigRAWesty
3rd October 2013, 12:34 AM
To most of Adelaide, Murray bridge is out in the sticks... Lol..
Most don't even know of yorke peninsula. That's a good thing though..

my third 256
3rd October 2013, 08:09 AM
plenty of whales at port elliot at the moment saw 4 on tuesday

dune-mad-patrol
3rd October 2013, 10:26 AM
I'd hate to think what the ppl for fuel will be next year :(

Yeah im dreading it, at least i have gas for highway use

cvando
3rd October 2013, 12:21 PM
Hey guys probably hit carpenters rocks mid arvo Saturday. Wind isn't looking to strong for the weekend and slight chance of rain hopefully it's not too busy at this stage iv got my truck a mate with his GU ute and my old man in his triton. Will try get a few photos to post. Works given me tomorow (the Friday) off as well wich gives me time to go over the truck before I go gotta try get an adaptor for my temp sender and its miss calibrated.

BigRAWesty
3rd October 2013, 12:41 PM
plenty of whales at port elliot at the moment saw 4 on tuesday

Nice. Looking forward to hopefully showing the little ones a whale..

cvando
7th October 2013, 07:39 PM
Photos coming soon

cvando
8th October 2013, 08:32 AM
Also to the guys wondering about fuel I used 50L from carpenters rocks all the way to robe in my NA TD42

threedogs
8th October 2013, 08:43 AM
Which long weekend in October is it just a SA thing

Winnie
8th October 2013, 08:44 AM
Which long weekend in October is it just a SA thing

Just about everywhere but Vic.... last weekend just gone.

BigRAWesty
8th October 2013, 10:48 AM
I thought I was sa and Vic only.
Labour day we call it..
So sa is good for something then.. Days off...

So how was it for you all?? We did see whales. 3 of play 100 or so meters Off basham bay.
Drank way to much, slept way to little and now my Tuesday sucks.. Lol
Loved it though..

Winnie
8th October 2013, 10:51 AM
We have Labour Day in March.

cvando
8th October 2013, 11:01 AM
so it was a pretty fun weekend not as busy as i thought it was going to be.

after a few hours steaming from Pt Elliot we got to carpenters rocks around midday. the canunda track was reasobly tame but great veiws despite the wooly weather on the saturday plenty of water holes to cross though some deeper than others. with a couple of dunes and softer spots. we camped the first night about 15km south of south end in behind the dunes. then made it to beachport at around midday on sunday and made our way through the dunes towards robe. the track between beachport and nora carina is quite a playground, more technical terrain rather than single track. but all fun. we stopped to wait for some guy in a lux to get snatched out just before nora carina and found ourselves waiting on the nudist beach (as previously pictured)

then made our way into little dip in the late arvo. thanks to daylight savings we had time to get halfway through little dip before setting up camp for night 2.

on the monday we set out to get to robe with a few obsticles int he way the tides had smashed the track and we were what looked like the first trcuks through for the weekend after digging tracks and getting past the 7ft drop (as pictured excuse the thumb)

all in all a good weekend was had. everyone should have a look at the tracks at some point as its good fun and you dont need a heavily modified rig to do it.

great for people new to 4wding or people who want to learn more about their own trucks capabilities. after 3 days in the sand i feel like ive learnt a heap about my GQ and its ability.

and il definatly be coming back. hopefully over summer so i can get some fishing in with some nicer weather.

heres some photos off my phone il add some photos off the camera when i get a chance

regards Casey

BigRAWesty
8th October 2013, 11:07 AM
Sounds tops mate. I'll be up for a trip for sure..
Did you guys black top it or start at the mouth?
I saw heaps of Q's On the road and was looking for stickers, but none...

cvando
8th October 2013, 11:36 AM
Drove on the bitto from Pt Elliot to Carpenters Rocks. Then came all the way up to Robe on tracks then bitto home.