PDA

View Full Version : 29 th Nov/1st Dec FAMILY MEET UP

liftlid
5th September 2013, 07:54 AM
Hi Guys, Family Meet-up details are getting sorted out for the Weekend of 29th Nov/ 1st Dec.
We will be base camping at Knock wood (same place as oct meet up) and will meet there Friday night 29th , I will be there approx. 7pm hopefully.
Campground has plenty of space for the kids to play.
Will need to sort out some fire wood so we have a good campfire.
You guys might want to convoy from AB's house or somewhere else, I will leave that up to you.
Drive Saturday and Sunday morning then head home Sunday arvo possibly over the mountains.
I would expect the driving standard to be Medium and open to all standard of cars.
Similar track standard to what was done on the oct meet-up without the hard bits (unless you want to do that of course!)
My wife doesn't like hard 4 wheeling (something about the way I drive?) so the tracks will be ok for everybody.

Singles are also welcome you don't need to have a family to come.
Edit your details below if you want to come.
thanks
Gary

liftlid (Gary, Kerry, Cooper)
Mudrunner TD
AB
BloodyAussie (Could be coming up for a Day Trip)

Bob & Lorraine & Dogs
Gu Camper
Roofy & Jane (Saturday afternoon)
Healy

Bloodyaussie
5th September 2013, 08:52 AM
I will know a little down the track if this is viable...

As this is family friendly what kind of driving can be expected... only reason I ask is my brother inlaw has a stock 2004 Pajero and he wanted to do something around that date???

liftlid
5th September 2013, 08:59 AM
I will know a little down the track if this is viable...

As this is family friendly what kind of driving can be expected... only reason I ask is my brother inlaw has a stock 2004 Pajero and he wanted to do something around that date???

Most of the tracks in that area are similar to what we did on Sunday b1,2 etc and doable in a stock 4x4, a set of muddies would be great, recovery points must. will adjust trip to suit participants with 2 convoys etc
All are welcome

Drewboyaus
5th September 2013, 07:25 PM
I reckon this is a cracking idea! The idea of all the kids running around together is great, its one of the things I love about camping with mates and families.
Are you thinking Big River area?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

boots
5th September 2013, 07:32 PM
Expressing an interest , will confirm closer to date .

liftlid
5th September 2013, 09:10 PM
I reckon this is a cracking idea! The idea of all the kids running around together is great, its one of the things I love about camping with mates and families.
Are you thinking Big River area?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Yes and more north as well

AB
6th September 2013, 07:23 AM
Sounds good mate, lock it in!

Bloodyaussie
6th September 2013, 04:56 PM
Ok my wife has confirmed she has tickets that weekend for her and Erica for some concert... so I may be in doubt for this one.... first one I may miss!!!

liftlid
6th September 2013, 04:57 PM
Ok my wife has confirmed she has tickets that weekend for her and Erica for some concert... so I may be in doubt for this one.... first one I may miss!!!

Your still welcome

Bloodyaussie
6th September 2013, 05:44 PM
Your still welcome

Meh!!!!!!!!!!!

liftlid
6th September 2013, 06:25 PM
Meh!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fairly tolerant!

rusty_nail
6th September 2013, 10:25 PM
Already said I would be interested however its a shame it can't closer to the border. Never mind

NP99
7th September 2013, 07:14 AM
Already said I would be interested however its a shame it can't closer to the border. Never mind

Visit our border mate, we don't discriminate :)

liftlid
15th October 2013, 08:13 PM
Hi Guys, just wondering who would be interested in a family orientated meet up 29th Nov/ 1st Dec.
I was thinking along the lines of base camping somewhere closer to Melbourne in the block southish of lake Eildon. so quick to get to on Friday night,
Drive Saturday and Sunday morning then head home Sunday arvo possibly over the mountains.
I would expect the driving standard to be Medium and open to all standard of cars.

Those interested are.
Winnie (and dad?)
Mudrunner TD
AB
BloodyAussie
Drewboyaus

Just wanted to bring this to the front now that the weekend is over.
I will be putting up the location in the next few days.

AB
15th October 2013, 08:17 PM
Just wanted to bring this to the front now that the weekend is over.
I will be putting up the location in the next few days.

Jesus h Gary, another one already...lol

Sir Roofy
15th October 2013, 08:19 PM
jesus h gary, another one already...lol

mmmmmmm remember you saying lock it in

AB
15th October 2013, 08:20 PM
mmmmmmm remember you saying lock it in

Better then sitting at home hey!!!

Drewboyaus
15th October 2013, 09:43 PM
Jesus h Gary, another one already...lol

How good is it!

nissannewby
17th October 2013, 03:02 AM
Let's cut NSW out and move Vic up to the border of QLD :)

Winnie
17th October 2013, 05:03 AM

I'll second that

NissanGQ4.2
17th October 2013, 06:18 AM

Thats a great idea Matt, That will mean Vic will have no tracks to drive and NSW will

I like your way of thinking

Bloodyaussie
17th October 2013, 07:01 AM
I would not be able to do another 3 day trip till January........

liftlid
17th October 2013, 07:04 AM
I would not be able to do another 3 day trip till January........

Won't be 3 days we won't leave geelong til 3.30 pm,

Bloodyaussie
17th October 2013, 07:09 AM
29th to the 1st is 3 days and its also my wifes birthday so no way in hell!!!

liftlid
17th October 2013, 07:19 AM
I was thinking along the lines of base camping somewhere closer to Melbourne in the block southish of lake Eildon. so quick to get to on Friday night,

This is what I have planned as we will be working Friday we were not planning 3 days of driving, we will also be heading home Sunday afternoon

Drewboyaus
17th October 2013, 06:12 PM
Thinking somewhere just south of Jamo?

liftlid
18th October 2013, 08:43 AM
Hi Guys, Family Meet-up details are getting sorted out for the Weekend of 29th Nov/ 1st Dec.
We will be base camping at Knock wood (same place as oct meet up) and will meet there Friday night 29th , I will be there approx. 7pm hopefully.
You guys might want to convoy from AB's house or somewhere else, I will leave that up to you.
Similar track standard to what was done on the oct meet-up without the hard bits (unless you want to do that of course!)
My wife doesn't like hard 4 wheeling (something about the way I drive?) so the tracks will be ok for everybody.
thanks
Gary

Those interested are.
Winnie (and dad?)
Mudrunner TD
AB
BloodyAussie
Drewboyaus

Winnie
18th October 2013, 08:54 AM
My wife doesn't like hard 4 wheeling (something about the way I drive?)

Is it the going off the track to overtake, or the jumping that she doesn't like?

liftlid
18th October 2013, 08:56 AM
Is it the going off the track to overtake, or the jumping that she doesn't like?

My arm would be still sore if I did either!

AB
18th October 2013, 10:55 AM

But also move QLD down a whisker as the state of us Mexicans that close to the equator will melt and sook and whinge about the humidity...lol

And you will be seeing a lot of AB in his sexy shorts...lol

Bob
18th October 2013, 02:13 PM
What is the River like at Knockwood for Fishing ????? . I might come and throw a line in

taslucas
18th October 2013, 02:16 PM
What is the River like at Knockwood for Fishing ????? . I might come and throw a line in

It would be pretty devoid of life after Andy and rossco bathed in there!

Bob
18th October 2013, 02:19 PM
Those interested are.
Winnie (and dad?)
Mudrunner TD
AB
BloodyAussie
Drewboyaus
Bob & Lorraine & Dogs

As I am no longer employed I will be going up on the Friday morning

GU CAMPER
18th October 2013, 02:28 PM
I'm hoping to be down that way by then.
If so I will come along

AB
18th October 2013, 02:54 PM
I'm hoping to be down that way by then.
If so I will come along

That would be great mate, you will love the spot.

Bob, it was pretty shallow right at camp, I didn't go for a walk but could see some holes only 30-50m up and down stream we could go.

I would be keen to throw a line in too with my daughter.

I would also be keen to get back to camp early afternoon on the days drive to drink beer and play cricket, footy and kids games with all the kids...Uncle AB time!

My misses gets tired of sitting in the beast all day and it would be nice to get back to camp early on Saturday for sure.

Bob
18th October 2013, 03:00 PM
That would be great mate, you will love the spot.

Bob, it was pretty shallow right at camp, I didn't go for a walk but could see some holes only 30-50m up and down stream we could go.

I would be keen to throw a line in too with my daughter.

I would also be keen to get back to camp early afternoon on the days drive to drink beer and play cricket, footy and kids games with all the kids...Uncle AB time!

My misses gets tired of sitting in the beast all day and it would be nice to get back to camp early on Saturday for sure.

I usually walk the Mountain Streams (in Water) and cast where water runs through Rocks etc.
Either Bait or Lures.

Looking forward to a friendly gathering with the occasional Beer or Wine.

Lorraine does not mind a Drive but not all Day and not hard core

Drewboyaus
18th October 2013, 11:03 PM
Those interested are.

Winnie (and dad?)

Mudrunner TD

AB

BloodyAussie

Drewboyaus (Drew, Victoria, Elizabeth, Caitlin, James). Might bring the Territory in.

Bob & Lorraine & Dogs

Drewboyaus
18th October 2013, 11:04 PM

Bob,
The Goulburn is a 10 minute drive away. There are some top spots all the way alogn there.

Bob
19th October 2013, 06:42 AM
Bob,
The Goulburn is a 10 minute drive away. There are some top spots all the way alogn there.

Thanks for that mate and I will probably give that a try sometime over the weekend.

I thought the Goulburn ran through Knockwood but on checking map I see it does not.

Sir Roofy
21st October 2013, 01:50 PM
hi guys, family meet-up details are getting sorted out for the weekend of 29th nov/ 1st dec.
We will be base camping at knock wood (same place as oct meet up) and will meet there friday night 29th , i will be there approx. 7pm hopefully.
You guys might want to convoy from ab's house or somewhere else, i will leave that up to you.
Drive saturday and sunday morning then head home sunday arvo possibly over the mountains.
I would expect the driving standard to be medium and open to all standard of cars.
my wife doesn't like hard 4 wheeling (something about the way i drive?) so the tracks will be ok for everybody.
Thanks
gary

those interested are.
Liftlid (gary, kerry, cooper)
winnie (and dad?)
mudrunner td
ab
bloodyaussie
drewboyaus

roofy and jane sat arvo :)

liftlid
21st October 2013, 02:34 PM
That would be great

healy
21st October 2013, 02:44 PM
Might come up and say hello if thats alright with all going

Bob
21st October 2013, 03:21 PM
Latest List

Winnie (and dad?)

Mudrunner TD

AB

BloodyAussie ??????????

Drewboyaus (Drew, Victoria, Elizabeth, Caitlin, James). Might bring the Territory in.

Bob & Lorraine & Dogs

Gu Camper

MudRunnerTD
21st October 2013, 04:36 PM

Of course Healy, look forward to seeing the new rig mate

liftlid
21st October 2013, 05:00 PM
Latest List

Winnie (and dad?)

Mudrunner TD

AB

BloodyAussie ??????????

Drewboyaus (Drew, Victoria, Elizabeth, Caitlin, James). Might bring the Territory in.(maybe a minibus??)

Bob & Lorraine & Dogs

Gu Camper

Healy

Thanks MR last couple of posts didn't come through on phone

Drewboyaus
21st October 2013, 06:58 PM

Yeah man! It's going to be a fun weekend....

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2013, 07:02 AM
I might come for a day trip... just thought I would bump this up!!!

Winnie
28th October 2013, 07:06 AM
I won't be able to come on this one unfortunately, work is sending me to Lakes Entrance to go on a fishing charter.

Mudrunner TD

AB

BloodyAussie ??????????

Drewboyaus (Drew, Victoria, Elizabeth, Caitlin, James). Might bring the Territory in.(maybe a minibus??)

Bob & Lorraine & Dogs

Gu Camper

Healy

Sir Roofy
28th October 2013, 07:56 AM
I won't be able to come on this one unfortunately, work is sending me to Lakes Entrance to go on a fishing charter.

Mudrunner TD

AB

BloodyAussie ??????????

Bob & Lorraine & Dogs

Gu Camper

Healy

bet that was hard to knock back

Winnie
28th October 2013, 08:25 AM
Especially when they are giving me a big bar tab too....

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2013, 08:26 AM
Especially when they are giving me a big bar tab too....

Do you need some help!!!!!

liftlid
28th October 2013, 11:13 AM

Mudrunner TD

AB

BloodyAussie ??????????

Bob & Lorraine & Dogs

Gu Camper

Healy

Sorry to hear you won't make it. We will just have to talk about you behind your back then!!!
Don't drink on the boat it just makes berley for the fish!

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2013, 07:01 AM
thanks
Gary

Those interested are.
Winnie (and dad?)
Mudrunner TD
AB
BloodyAussie
Drewboyaus

Gary you really need to put this information on the first page or at the least start a new thread with just the facts as this thread is not decisive enough.

I had to get to post 27 before I knew what was going on with this trip????

C'mon mate be more proactive or I will have to open a can of neck punches on ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UHF17

liftlid
31st October 2013, 07:08 AM
Gary you really need to put this information on the first page or at the least start a new thread with just the facts as this thread is not decisive enough.

C'mon mate be more proactive or I will have to open a can of neck punches on ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UHF17

I would be afraid if you didn't buy a jeep!
I don't know how to make the info stay at the top

taslucas
31st October 2013, 07:09 AM

UHF17

Yes. Jonathan wants to know who's going and what channel you're on......

liftlid
31st October 2013, 07:14 AM
thanks
Gary

Those interested are.
Winnie (and dad?)
Mudrunner TD
AB
BloodyAussie
Drewboyaus

threedogs
31st October 2013, 07:18 AM
If it wasn't Cod opening I'd come throw a line with you BoB, but the Murray calls

Winnie
31st October 2013, 07:22 AM
I don't know how to make the info stay at the top

Go to your first post that started the thread and press edit which will be just under it, then copy paste it into there.

liftlid
31st October 2013, 07:35 AM
Go to your first post that started the thread and press edit which will be just under it, then copy paste it into there.

Oh ta didn't think of that!

Bob
31st October 2013, 07:40 AM
I thought this was the List

Mudrunner TD
AB
BloodyAussie (Could be coming up for a Day Trip
Bob & Lorraine & Dogs
Gu Camper
Healy

liftlid
31st October 2013, 09:16 AM

UHF17

ok guys I now have the details on the first page thanks to winnie.
I think below is the list of who is coming let me know if your name needs to be added to the list
or if you cant make it.
ta
Gary

Mudrunner TD
AB
BloodyAussie (Could be coming up for a Day Trip
Bob & Lorraine & Dogs
Gu Camper
Healy

rusty_nail
31st October 2013, 09:22 AM

UHF17

johnno, which UHF channel are you guys going to be on?

taslucas
31st October 2013, 09:34 AM

And who's going?

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2013, 09:35 AM

For you.... channel 83..

Bob
3rd November 2013, 09:31 AM
Bump Anybody else coming along

belzi82
8th November 2013, 08:55 PM
Where is Knock wood???

liftlid
8th November 2013, 08:56 PM
Where is Knock wood???

20 min north of woods point

belzi82
8th November 2013, 09:01 PM
You got much planned for Sunday 1st of just pack up and head home??

liftlid
8th November 2013, 09:02 PM
You got much planned for Sunday 1st of just pack up and head home??

Flexible depends on what people want

Bloodyaussie
8th November 2013, 09:03 PM
Belzi...... you've stuck your head out again!!!! where ya keep hiding?

belzi82
8th November 2013, 09:04 PM
Belzi...... you've stuck your head out again!!!! where ya keep hiding?

Lol I have been keeping my eyes on you blokes - just haven't logged in a lot. Been really busy lol. Been over to Nepal and I can tell you that there main highways are what a lot people think is 4wding!!

growler2058
9th November 2013, 05:55 AM
Thought you'd left us Belzi!!

Bloodyaussie
9th November 2013, 07:57 AM
Lol I have been keeping my eyes on you blokes - just haven't logged in a lot. Been really busy lol. Been over to Nepal and I can tell you that there main highways are what a lot people think is 4wding!!

I have been a good boy but Growler and Winnie and Lucas have been very naughty !!!!!!!!

So you have been having a good time without us then.... were you on holiday over there.

matfew
9th November 2013, 08:36 AM
mmmm I will put this in the diary and see what happens. I am pretty sure I am about booked out for the next 3 to 4 weekends but would be keen to come on this.

Took the lil one on her first proper 4x4 trip this weekend just gone and think she enjoyed it. the bumps put her to sleep haha.

Bloodyaussie
9th November 2013, 08:42 AM
mmmm I will put this in the diary and see what happens. I am pretty sure I am about booked out for the next 3 to 4 weekends but would be keen to come on this.

Took the lil one on her first proper 4x4 trip this weekend just gone and think she enjoyed it. the bumps put her to sleep haha.

Something that Leah brought to my attention at the first trip I did with the forum was when they get older and in an upright position and they fall asleep is to watch the head does not slump down on there chest.. Mainly while doing very steep downhill sections.

In the worst case their spinal cord could be damaged (I think thats what she said)... Leah is AB's wife by the way!!!

AB
9th November 2013, 08:55 AM
Yeah coming down into the valleys up at the high country when Mia was only 1 year old. Had to hold her head back whilst driving with one hand...lol

matfew
9th November 2013, 09:02 AM
yeah that has been on my mind. She is still in rear facing atm and dont think it will be forward for a lil while yet. So that shouldnt be a problem.

In rear facing I dont think she would get in a angle that causes problems before the patrol is in trouble lol.

Bob
9th November 2013, 09:46 AM
yeah that has been on my mind. She is still in rear facing atm and dont think it will be forward for a lil while yet. So that shouldnt be a problem.

In rear facing I dont think she would get in a angle that causes problems before the patrol is in trouble lol.

Yeah but you have go up Hills to come down but with care all should be OK

matfew
9th November 2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah Bob that's what I meant. In rear facing she is almost laying down. So going up Hills for her head to slump forward I would imagine the patrol would of tumbled over backwards before her head moves.

Drewboyaus
9th November 2013, 02:17 PM
Yeah Bob that's what I meant. In rear facing she is almost laying down. So going up Hills for her head to slump forward I would imagine the patrol would of tumbled over backwards before her head moves.

Hahah. At which point you have bigger issues to worry about!

Drewboyaus
15th November 2013, 08:40 AM
Guys,
It looks like I am going to have to pull out if this one. I have too much on that week now. Sorry guys.
With my Leukaemia Foundation fundraiser on the 28th and I didn't realise my company's family Christmas party is on the 30th at the Zoo......I'm stuck.
Very sorry for the late-ish notice.

Bloodyaussie
15th November 2013, 10:18 AM
You prick drew..... you suck balls!!!!!

Has jamie brought a 4wd yet.... we cant have a trip without our honorary kiwi

taslucas
15th November 2013, 11:46 AM
You prick drew..... you suck balls!!!!!

......Garlic balls?

Bloodyaussie
15th November 2013, 12:14 PM
Sorry Drew I got trips mixed up and thought this was the Australia day trip.......You still suck balls though mate, big hairy ones!!!!

Speaking of balls while I got your message Lucas I had a very beautiful woman with her hands on mine!!!!! to bad it was for medical reasons...he he!!

taslucas
15th November 2013, 12:22 PM
It still counts though, right? Lol

Bob
19th November 2013, 06:21 PM
Any further takers for this Trip ????

MudRunnerTD
19th November 2013, 06:42 PM
I am working hard to make this trip guys but I truly don't know whether I will get there. I have been smashed by the builder who has let me down badly on the build on this new business. Fortunately I'm a builder in a previous life 15 years ago and am doing the build at night and on the weekends. Nearlly done but weeks behind schedule. Inventing time at the moment.

I hope to smash it by the end of this next weekend but who bloody knows! Just compounding.

Don't count me out yet but I am struggling. Naomi will almost certainly not make it but if I get there I will have my 2 kids and will be in the GUIV.

AB
24th November 2013, 03:39 PM
Don't hurt me gents but I'm sorry I have to pull out of this one...

I've completely stuffed my dates up and I have to go somewhere else.

I don't have anything on Sunday but I just don't know if it will worth heading up there for 1 day :(

Bob
24th November 2013, 05:25 PM
So what is the latest count

BTW Lorraine and I are going up on Thursday Night and hopefully will be able to get some Wood on the Friday.

Was there much Wood on the Tracks around there ????????????????????

Bloodyaussie
24th November 2013, 05:43 PM
I'm out... too much on for me at the moment.

Bob
24th November 2013, 05:53 PM
This looks like the latest

Bob & Lorraine & Dogs
Healy

Mudrunner TD Maybe

AB
24th November 2013, 06:09 PM
So what is the latest count

BTW Lorraine and I are going up on Thursday Night and hopefully will be able to get some Wood on the Friday.

Was there much Wood on the Tracks around there ????????????????????

There were pieces around the tracks and also there is a heap of thin dead branches about 10-20mm diameter 30m from the main toilet block.

Sir Roofy
24th November 2013, 06:24 PM
so what is the latest count

btw lorraine and i are going up on thursday night and hopefully will be able to get some wood on the friday.

Was there much wood on the tracks around there ????????????????????

we,ll be over sat arvo mate if your still going

Bob
24th November 2013, 06:58 PM
we,ll be over sat arvo mate if your still going

Yes mate we are definitely going

Sir Roofy
24th November 2013, 07:02 PM
yes mate we are definitely going

thats great then will see you saturday

GU CAMPER
25th November 2013, 08:19 AM
I unfortunately have to pull out of this trip as I won't be in Victoria in time. I still haven't left on my around Aus trip yet

AB
25th November 2013, 08:40 AM
Dropping like flies!

Sorry bob, roof and Gary... Trust me I would much rather be up there then what I have to do down here...trust me...lol

liftlid
25th November 2013, 09:03 AM
I have decided to cancel this trip, it looks like everybody has a busy schedule leading up to Christmas and it was not a good idea to put it on so close. Sorry to those who said they would come. I will see you all in jan. ta gary

Bob
25th November 2013, 09:11 AM
Oh well it looks like it is down to the two Old Dogs

Bob & Lorraine & Dogs

MudRunnerTD
25th November 2013, 09:14 AM
I have decided to cancel this trip, it looks like everybody has a busy schedule leading up to Christmas and it was not a good idea to put it on so close. Sorry to those who said they would come. I will see you all in jan. ta gary

Sorry Gary, thanks for the effort mate

Sir Roofy
25th November 2013, 10:19 AM
sorry gary, thanks for the effort mate

i havent done many tracks lately but at least i made an effort to be there
shame you blokes dont think before putting these trips up
any way me bob will keep the flag flying for np.com.au

AB
25th November 2013, 10:25 AM

Yeah I'm sorry too mate, in fact I think this is the first trip on the forum that I had to cancel when I was said I was going...

liftlid
25th November 2013, 10:32 AM

Who are you having a go at ?

MudRunnerTD
25th November 2013, 12:28 PM

Who are you having a go at ?

The rest of us i reckon Gary, the list got shorter and shorter as Christmas got closer and closer. Unfortunately just one of those things. Sorry we all let you down mate. Roofy and Bob can send us some pics.

AB
25th November 2013, 07:37 PM
Bummer blokes, feeling a bit guilty with this...lol

I've just bittern off too much work and commitments up until Christmas!!!!!!