PDA

View Full Version : Coolant temperature sensor Whereabouts

Patrica
10th January 2011, 09:40 AM
Hi I have just brought a coolant temperature gauge and having trouble finding where the sensor goes, it's the screw in type, i have an 08 model with the ZD30 engine, if anyone has got one fitted and have a pic of where it goes ,it will be much appreciated.
Thanks heaps

Bigrig
10th January 2011, 09:47 AM
Hey mate - different engine on my rig, but I just had a thread up here as I had to replace the coolant temperature sensor also - link below with photos (right at the end of the thread). I am thinking it would be at least "similar" in location, that being it is on the side of the thermostat housing - simple enough job, except the little cotter/locator pin that holds the plug in place is a bit fidgetty to get out (don't let it pop off into the engine bay - you'll struggle to find it!!!). By looking at the head of the new unit, you should be able to identify the old one somewhere around that region. Good luck with it.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2091-PLEASE-HELP!!!!-Tank-is-Battling!!!!-Arrrrgggghhhh&highlight=coolant+temperature