PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Signal Test

oncedisturbed
26th August 2013, 03:41 AM
I came across this info tonight whilst hunting around for different external antenna kits, puts the signal setting into test mode (same as OEM repairers / Apple Store does) and shows a truer reflection as to what your signal is actually receiving.

Info from this site - Iphone Signal Test (http://www.cel-fi.com.au/cel-fi-and-iphone.html)

•Dial *3001#12345#* and press Call
•Now you are in test mode and the "bars" are replaced with signal level (dBm power is a negative number, with 0 being strongest)
•Hold the OFF button to get Slide to Power OFF
•Let go the OFF button and now hold Home key down until you return to the Home screen
•Now tapping on the antenna meter toggles between Bars and Signal Strength!
•If the value does not update regularly, force updates by making and ending calls.
•To undo the setting, dial *3001#12345#* and press Call. Then press the Home button once.

Thought it would be food for thought for some member's.

NP99
26th August 2013, 04:48 AM
Good stuff......I'm a long way from zero!

oncedisturbed
26th August 2013, 05:25 AM
not the only 1, on 3 bars I average -93 dBm which is crap lol

NP99
26th August 2013, 10:28 AM
At work I got -107!!!!!

oncedisturbed
26th August 2013, 06:01 PM
Best so far is -74, got -54 at home with an optus home gateway booster

Never underestimate the power of the Tap.

P4trol
26th August 2013, 08:03 PM
No, no.

The closer you are to zero, the higher the signal strength.

-74dbm is lower than - 54dbm. Every 3dbm more or less is a doubling or halving of received signal from that particular base station.

There are a whole heap of codes for the iPhone, and others for android. Some are as simple as revealing the imei. Others do all sorts of fancy stuff.

×#9900# for example brings up a menu on galaxy s2 at least. Lots of options, but a helpful option in this menu is to disable fast dormancy: it is allowing the phone to drop back from hspda to 3g as soon as it doesn't need it. It then takes those few seconds of your time to reenable hspda. Disabling fast dormancy is disabling the instant drop back to 3g.