PDA

View Full Version : WinCE GPS Unlock

oncedisturbed
25th August 2013, 11:31 PM
For those that use a WinCE based GPS unit like Navman and want more out if it to allow Ozi maps etc, have a look at the MioPocket program.

It is a free program that allows you to unlock your unit and basically turn it inot a PDA / multi purpose unit, allows multiple mapping programs / formats etc.

I have used v2 in my old Navman S30 without any issues and ran OziCE with HEMA maps on it as well.

If your unit takes an SD card, this will be a benefit to save buying more units to clutter up things.

*note* - installation is safest by installing on an SD card as opposed to a "hard install" on the unit itself.

This program can be installed on WinCE 1 / 2 Din units as well but takes a bit more to use and is done at owner's own risk.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136798

Clunk
26th August 2013, 12:53 AM
think I might still have my old Navman S30 laying around here somewhere. Might have to give it a try

oncedisturbed
26th August 2013, 12:57 AM
easy as to run on the s30

Clunk
26th August 2013, 01:02 AM
easy as to run on the s30

I've got to find the thing first, then somehow power it up because the battery is knackered lol

trekster
26th August 2013, 06:58 AM
Yeah did that tweak on my old my30 navman, Now I have a double din gps unit I have unlocked it too running some other software.

Cheers,
Eric.

oncedisturbed
26th August 2013, 07:12 AM
what's the software on the 2 din unit? easier to run than normal or mio pocket?

trekster
27th August 2013, 06:56 AM
what's the software on the 2 din unit? easier to run than normal or mio pocket?

So far I've seen the majority running embedded Wince5 and Wince6

Some better than others for unlocking, mine has a bit of a spack but I can still get into it, 1st problem was that it was all in Chinese, so when I got the patch it converted it all for me and setup a shell etc Only cost me $20 for it, there are free ones out there but they don't convert the language etc...

Cheers,
Eric.

oncedisturbed
27th August 2013, 07:19 AM
My bad :) I meant what did you use to "unlock" the 2 din unit / create the shell like miopocket?