PDA

View Full Version : want a scan tool for GU Y61

Vmax
22nd August 2013, 05:15 PM
Hi, can anyone give me some dope on whats a good diagnostic scan tool for my GU Y61 with TD42t engine and Auto transmission

BigRAWesty
22nd August 2013, 06:01 PM
Scangauge get a good wrap over here. Have a look threw this sub-forum and you'll see quite a few threads about them.

Vmax
23rd August 2013, 02:09 AM
Thanks Westy, which sub forum do i look in
Scangauge get a good wrap over here. Have a look threw this sub-forum and you'll see quite a few threads about them.

TheFlyingBadger
25th August 2013, 01:59 AM
I've got one for sale if you're keen. (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=22913
WA - scanguage 2) it came out of my 3.0 CRD auto before I got my current trol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

happygu
25th August 2013, 06:40 AM
Vmax,

I am fairly sure that the Scangauge only fits the later model Patrols, such as the 3 Litre CRD.

Before that ECUTalk was the protocol that was used for the 3 Litre Di Patrol, and Petrol Models here in Aus.

I am not sure if even that fits the 4.2 Litre Patrol...... Nissan have their Consult 2 Tool which I think works in conjunction with , but with the Auto, ECUTalk may apply to yours........

Mic

TheFlyingBadger
25th August 2013, 09:50 AM
Vmax,

I am fairly sure that the Scangauge only fits the later model Patrols, such as the 3 Litre CRD.

Before that ECUTalk was the protocol that was used for the 3 Litre Di Patrol, and Petrol Models here in Aus.

I am not sure if even that fits the 4.2 Litre Patrol...... Nissan have their Consult 2 Tool which I think works in conjunction with , but with the Auto, ECUTalk may apply to yours........

Mic

Agreed, i'd missed the fact that it was for a 4.2. Scanguage is no good for you

Vmax
25th August 2013, 12:57 PM
Agreed, i'd missed the fact that it was for a 4.2. Scanguage is no good for you

Thanks Mic and Jon. i contacted the local nissan dealer and although the only sell the xtrail here they have promised to get the scan tool for my car. seems like the best option, shall wait and see.
cheers

surgio
28th August 2013, 07:51 PM
Hey mate, interested to see what you come up with

NissanGQ4.2
28th August 2013, 07:59 PM
Hey mate, interested to see what you come up with

So would I because a proper Nissan scan tool will probably cost thousands, so would be interesting to see what they come up with

Vmax
2nd September 2013, 10:21 PM
So would I because a proper Nissan scan tool will probably cost thousands, so would be interesting to see what they come up with

Well, most scan tools have an adapter for the 16 pin socket but the y61 td42t has the 14 pin socket. i checked on ebay and there are a few 16 to 14 pin converters available for as low a 5 AUD. i wasnt sure if something as simple as this adapter will work but i just found out it does. i think its worth picking up one of these and keeping it in the car.
I got lucky though a friend who runs a workshop landed up at my place and happened to have a 'Launch' diagnostic kit with him in his car, which also had the 14 - 16 pin converter. :bowdown: we plugged it in and, although it was my first time with a diagnostic tool it took us just an hour to go through all systems. The funny part is no errors showed up, but we 'cleared all error codes manually' any way and guess what 90 % of my AT problems sorted itself out. She now accelerates beautifully from stand still to OD. while checking all systems individually the only thing we noticed was that the kick down switch didnt work, need to sort that one out :confused:
Very happy with this and now looking forward to installing the froozenboost intercooler kit which is 'in the mail' :bigthumbup:

NissanGQ4.2
3rd September 2013, 05:37 AM
Good to hear you have most of your problems sorted :)

Can you post up pics of your scan tool and adapter???

How much did the scan tool cost you???

Cheers

Todd

spoonie
8th October 2013, 12:13 AM
I use a Nissan Consult Bluetooth Adapter from http://www.trackelectronics.com.au/, work's well with my nexus7 and my laptop. Torque's consult support is in beta so it can be a bit buggy.

NissanGQ4.2
8th October 2013, 05:45 AM
I use a Nissan Consult Bluetooth Adapter from http://www.trackelectronics.com.au/, work's well with my nexus7 and my laptop. Torque's consult support is in beta so it can be a bit buggy.

Does it come with its own software for reading and clearing fault codes?

spoonie
11th October 2013, 10:55 PM
Nope, but it works with ecutalk and scantech nissan Or you can get blueFRom off Google play for free. It can scan and clear codes.