PDA

View Full Version : door panels

stevelh
22nd August 2013, 07:23 AM
Hi I am looking for photos or a videos on taking the door panels off. I can get the arm rest off ?

threedogs
22nd August 2013, 07:25 AM
Does it have Phillips head screws underneath?
There is one in the finger cup

04OFF
22nd August 2013, 07:57 AM
What model and year car do you have mate GQ ,GU etc ?

Ronin
22nd August 2013, 10:44 AM
I am interested in this as well. Mine is a y61 GU8 3ltr CRD. bought 2012.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2013, 04:47 PM
What model and year car do you have mate GQ ,GU etc ?

He has a GU Steve

Not sure on the GU's but on the GQ's once you have the armrest off its only plastic lugs that hold the trim on and its only a matter of running a flat bladed screw driver around the edge of the door popping the lugs out, I would assume its the same on the GU's

Bob
22nd August 2013, 04:56 PM
He has a GU Steve

Not sure on the GU's but on the GQ's once you have the armrest off its only plastic lugs that hold the trim on and its only a matter of running a flat bladed screw driver around the edge of the door popping the lugs out, I would assume its the same on the GU's

Same with a GU

MudRunnerTD
22nd August 2013, 04:56 PM
Yes the plastic top clips on. there is a screw in the bottom of the grab handle space. Undo it and the slide the top back and remove. then unscrew and then unclip the hole door trim from around the bottom. then Lift out of the window and your done. Much easier than it sounds.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2013, 05:20 PM
And be gentle popping the lugs out as it doesn't take much for them to break or it to break the mdf

This pictures are from a GQ door trim

What the lugs look like

Location of lugs

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2013, 05:22 PM
Yes the plastic top clips on. there is a screw in the bottom of the grab handle space. Undo it and the slide the top back and remove. then unscrew and then unclip the hole door trim from around the bottom. then Lift out of the window and your done. Much easier than it sounds.

Lift out of window????

MudRunnerTD
22nd August 2013, 07:49 PM
Lift out of window????

Yeah the GU trim hooks over the top of the door carcass where the window is where as the GQ has another piece.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah the GU trim hooks over the top of the door carcass where the window is where as the GQ has another piece.

Thanks Daz