PDA

View Full Version : 1997 GQ RD28T Wagon up for sale

rkinsey
21st August 2013, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately I have to sell my 1997 GQ RD28T Wagon 5 spd manual due to changing circumstances at home and the rebuild for the Patrol can no longer be afforded.

So here is my truck. It is unregistered and will not come with a RWC (it will pass one though). I'm asking $4500.00 as is.

The car runs and drives fine. I took it off the road in December 2012 due to power loss and overheating issues. The overheating issues come from a stuffed radiator and it will need to be replaced. I have already replaced all of the radiator hoses and thermostat housing.

Interior is in good condition and there are no marks or tears in the seat upholstery (other than normal wear from a 16 year old car)

The power loss is coming from the fuel injector pump that needs servicing (I think) the turbo is still boosting at 8 psi (Factory turbo)

I rebuilt the top end of the motor with a new head and timing chain assembly and the engine does not leak any oil at all. There is no rust in the chassis or body except for a very small spot in the middle of the front edge of the bonnet (the previous owner had a stone guard on it that was rubbing) only very minor surface rust. There is no rust in the rear side sliding windows and all window and door seals are in good condition.

AC needs a new tensioner pulley (the bolt that holds the pulley on fell out)

I run it every week. (in the backyard) and it does blow a little smoke. I was informed by Westend Diesel that the rings will need replacing.

It comes with the following:

ARB steel bull bar
8000lb Warn 8274 Hi Mount winch with 28m of 10mm steel cable. (Needs a replacement solenoid)
Crystal 7" headlights (Semi Sealed)
Nite Stalker spotlights
Oricom 40 CH UHF radio
3db and 6db gain aerials
CD player, AM/FM radio
3rd row seats (7 seater) in very good condition
Steel Cargo barrier
4 x brand new Maxxis Bighorn mud terrain tyres on 15" rims
Power mirrors
Central locking
Power Steering
Air Conditioning is cool (Need to replace the AC tensioner belt pulley)
HR Tow bar
Sidesteps

296801 Km on the clock.

Located in Western Sydney.

PM me for contact details or if you would like to inspect.

Regrettable sale but has to be done.

Cheers,

Rob

rusty_nail
21st August 2013, 02:58 PM
sorry to hear your selling the beast mate, woulda been good to go for a bash with you. best of luck with the sale.

MudRunnerTD
21st August 2013, 03:05 PM
Hey Rob, Good luck with your sale mate, sorry it has come to that.

Advice to you....

The Winch is actually an 8000lb Warn 8274 Hi Mount winch. It is the most valuable thing on the car! I encourage you to strip it off and sell the car without the winch. You will get $1000 to $1200 for the Winch every day of the week mate.

If you need advice on how to market it pm me and i will point you in the right direction. DO NOT Sell it on the car!

rkinsey
21st August 2013, 03:14 PM
sorry to hear your selling the beast mate, woulda been good to go for a bash with you. best of luck with the sale.

Cheers Rusty. I will be getting another one later on but for now I have to finish the renos on the house so we can square away our finances.

Once that is done I will have enough equity in the house to afford another one with all the gear I want on it.

rkinsey
21st August 2013, 03:16 PM
Hey Rob, Good luck with your sale mate, sorry it has come to that.

Advice to you....

The Winch is actually an 8000lb Warn 8274 Hi Mount winch. It is the most valuable thing on the car! I encourage you to strip it off and sell the car without the winch. You will get $1000 to $1200 for the Winch every day of the week mate.

If you need advice on how to market it pm me and i will point you in the right direction. DO NOT Sell it on the car!

Thanks for the info MR, I have amended my post accordingly. If anyone want s to buy the winch, I will separate it.

NissanGQ4.2
21st August 2013, 05:53 PM
Sorry to hear Rob, good luck with the sale

Hope you pop in from time to time and say g'day

There is a couple of Facebook groups you might want to advertise it on as well

Cheers

Todd

rkinsey
21st August 2013, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear Rob, good luck with the sale

Hope you pop in from time to time and say g'day

There is a couple of Facebook groups you might want to advertise it on as well

Cheers

Todd

Cheers Todd

Hopefully I'm still allowed to stay here. I will be looking for another Patrol anyway and this is the best spot on the net to get all the info anyone needs.

Although I'm currently driving a white Ford Explorer, I've thought of asking the sticker department for one that says "I want to be a Patrol when I grow up!"

Rob

NissanGQ4.2
21st August 2013, 10:16 PM
You mentioned the word ford, that has to be an instant banning *L*

Your more than welcome 2 stay on here as a regular :)

rkinsey
21st August 2013, 11:00 PM
You mentioned the word ford, that has to be an instant banning *L*

Your more than welcome 2 stay on here as a regular :)

Woo Hoo! Thanks mate.

If I put a "Nissanpatrol.com.au" sticker on the Explorer do you think that will hide the other badge...? Hahahahaha.. had to find something fast as a daily drive and for $1800.00 who can argue.