PDA

View Full Version : MT Beauty to Jindabyne trails

cvando
19th August 2013, 03:36 PM
G'day my Victorian brethren

doing a trip up to falls creek and then accross to jindabyne next week and just curious about some shortcut/scenic/trails in that part of the state as im not very familiar with the high country and it seems to have a few great trails

looking at getting from mt beauty to jindabyne and there looks to be a track 'dederang track' turning off of Mullagong Rd that goes through the state forrest and splits into a few tracks eventually joining up to the omeo hwy.

any info on this little track or any others i should go have a look at in my travels would be greatly appreciated.

being a south australian id prefer not to be sent on a wild goose chase or off a cliff haha

thanks Casey

Bob
19th August 2013, 03:44 PM
G'day my Victorian brethren

doing a trip up to falls creek and then accross to jindabyne next week and just curious about some shortcut/scenic/trails in that part of the state as im not very familiar with the high country and it seems to have a few great trails

looking at getting from mt beauty to jindabyne and there looks to be a track 'dederang track' turning off of Mullagong Rd that goes through the state forrest and splits into a few tracks eventually joining up to the omeo hwy.

any info on this little track or any others i should go have a look at in my travels would be greatly appreciated.

being a south australian id prefer not to be sent on a wild goose chase or off a cliff haha

thanks Casey

a lot of the Victorian High Country is closed unti Melbourne Cup weekend in November .

Check out the following

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/park-management/fire,-flood-and-other-closures/seasonal-road-closures2

MC97GQ
19th August 2013, 04:17 PM
Mate even if you just do the Barry Way, it's not 4wd but a great drive and some great camping areas along the way.

cvando
19th August 2013, 04:56 PM
i figured this might be the case but thought i should try my luck. while im over there.

happygu
19th August 2013, 07:09 PM
There are roads that are open, but most of the harder tracks are closed.

Pick a route through, and then check the names against the Parkweb Database to see if they are closed or not.

Mic