PDA

View Full Version : wate to air intercooler upgrade on a zd30

onlyme376
15th August 2013, 08:05 PM
hey i have upgraded the pathetic excuse that nissan calls an intercooler on my 06 3.0l
the original was also leaking so i did some measuring and head scratching and then purchased a water to air kit from votion industries on ebay. after relocating the power steering cooler, the fuel filter and the solenoid vaccum control valves for the swirl control and nozzle control everything fitted in very neatly :bananarock:
see the pictures attached

MudRunnerTD
15th August 2013, 08:12 PM
Looks great mate. Nice fit up. Looks like a bit of stuffing around to get from the turbo to the heat exchanger? Would have been a bugger. Did they only sell that style of exchanger? I run a frozen boost W/A cooler on the GQ and they had many options available to achieve the most direct root.

Have you got a link to the seller on eBay?

Have you noticed much change in temps or performance?

I am on the iPad and can't really make out what you have done in the last pic of the bonnet scoop?

Well done.

Ben-e-boy
15th August 2013, 08:23 PM
Nice. I have an A.R.E water to air and its great! What type and where did you mount your pump?

onlyme376
15th August 2013, 09:56 PM
hi thanks
link to ebay seller http://stores.ebay.com.au/Votion-Inc?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
the pipe work wasn't to much of an issue it's using the original turbo outlet pipes straight into a 3" to 2.5" reducer the oulet side i bought a 2.5" piping kit and cut to fit with a 2.5" to 2.25" elbow to the inlet manifold
I haven't got to check the temps yet but midrange torque is better the torque converter now locks at 60k's where it never used to
the bonnet scoop i had to cut a bit out to allow clearence for the boost sensor, I'm thinking of blocking the middle part of it as it is now only cosmetic

onlyme376
15th August 2013, 09:58 PM
Nice. I have an A.R.E water to air and its great! What type and where did you mount your pump?

Hi
the pump is a bosh oem as used on supercharged mustangs ect and i mounted it on the pasenger side inner gaurd behind the aircleaner

trekster
15th August 2013, 11:40 PM
Very nice I like it.

scott.a.green
11th September 2013, 10:19 PM
Looks nice mate. Easy enough to relocate the filter etc?

onlyme376
19th September 2013, 03:13 PM
Hi
yeah fortunatly it's an auto so the fuel filter went on an aluninium bracket on the fire wall where the clutch would be and the ir a resistor there that is mounted to the front of that bracket as well to act as a heat sink and the two control soleniods are mounted onto the old fuel filter bracket so it all went into place nicely if it was a manual there would have been a bit more head scratching for the filter
and so far seem to be getting around another 100k per tank of fuel and the engine is runnig much nicer so onto the next lot of mods i guess