PDA

View Full Version : help

bluey gu
6th January 2011, 10:26 PM
ok i have a gu 3 ltr turbo i have blown one motor already a the 2nd one is on its way out ive been told that a 4.2 will go in with no problems even a 351 ford what should i do, i need ideas please..................some feed back would be greatful

Finly Owner
6th January 2011, 10:30 PM
I myself would stay with 4.2 turbo diesel. Strong, reliable, and more economical than V8 ford.

Tim

AB
6th January 2011, 10:32 PM
I myself would stay with 4.2 turbo diesel. Strong, reliable, and more economical than V8 ford.

Tim

I would agree too Bluey but your 3 litre is still going isn't it?

Do you know exactly what is happening with the current 3lt motor. Why is it on its way out, what exactly is going wrong with it?

bluey gu
6th January 2011, 10:44 PM
it sounds like one of the pistens are rat s##t last time it was number 4 that went on me, after i got my 4wd all i herd was bad news about the 3ltr, ive had it for a few years now i dont want to sell it i need it fixed so maybe the 4.2 is the go

steve.jjjj
7th January 2011, 12:24 PM
Hey bluey i would keep away from the clevland good power but to thirsty so gas would be a must and then if you go on long trips always looking for a place that sells gas .The TD42 with turbo upgrade and intercooler are a strong reliable setup , factory parts fit and done right will go for many km,s .I'm not a expert on the 3ltrs but what i've been told is the airflow meter plays up the tune goes out i think they richen up so they go well but then it kills them
The V8 diesel is also a good setup but expensive to fit
Cheers Steve