PDA

View Full Version : Y62 custom barwork

Winnie
13th August 2013, 09:32 PM
Just saw this photo on the Raslarr Engineering facebook page, damn he does some good work. Ignore the ugly car but how good is that bar! And good to see somebody that will be using the Y62 offroad.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1146674_382463728542416_836751648_n.jpg

Bloodyaussie
13th August 2013, 09:36 PM
Thats shit... I am sorry but that rear door sucks big ones!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
13th August 2013, 09:42 PM
burn it, bloody ugly thing it is

but yes nice aftermarket bar work

MudRunnerTD
13th August 2013, 10:21 PM
That is impressive work from Raslarr Engineering in Victoria! Very impressive indeed. Anyone seen a Kaymar or ARB bar for the Y62?

Drewboyaus
13th August 2013, 10:30 PM
That is impressive work from Raslarr Engineering in Victoria! Very impressive indeed. Anyone seen a Kaymar or ARB bar for the Y62?

No but is that Raslarr one airbag compliant?
Not dissin' Raslarr because their work is great.
Just reckon the airbag issue and that nobody would seriously take one of those off road without towing a petrol tank is why you won't see anything from ARB or Kaymar for a while.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Winnie
13th August 2013, 10:31 PM
Does a rear bar need to be airbag compliant?

Got sick of Motorculture so gone back to Tappa

MudRunnerTD
13th August 2013, 10:32 PM
No but is that Raslarr one airbag compliant?
Not dissin' Raslarr because their work is great.
Just reckon the airbag issue and that nobody would seriously take one of those off road without towing a petrol tank is why you won't see anything from ARB or Kaymar for a while.

But it's a rear bar??? Is there an airbag sensor on the rear? Really? Didn't know that. For what though?

mudnut
13th August 2013, 10:38 PM
But it's a rear bar??? Is there an airbag sensor on the rear? Really? Didn't know that. For what though?

From other drivers trying to push the ugly thing off the road!!!

Yendor
13th August 2013, 10:46 PM
I still haven't even seen a Y62 on the road yet............they can't be selling many.

There is a photo on the TJM website for a Bull Bar.

http://www.tjmgeebung.com.au/what-is-new/march-2013/17639599

Clunk
13th August 2013, 10:50 PM
I still haven't even seen a Y62 on the road yet............they can't be selling many.

There is a photo on the TJM website for a Bull Bar.

http://www.tjmgeebung.com.au/what-is-new/march-2013/17639599

That's one ugly bar......

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Drewboyaus
13th August 2013, 10:51 PM

I don't know for sure but it's what I would expect. I assume the Y62 has the full compliment of curtain bags etc and depending where the impact was (around the rear somewhere) I would expect the bags for any third row seating would be required to go off.

Drewboyaus
13th August 2013, 10:53 PM

Hmmmmm, like lipstick on a pig....

happygu
13th August 2013, 10:56 PM
Just saw this photo on the Raslarr Engineering facebook page, damn he does some good work. Ignore the ugly car but how good is that bar! And good to see somebody that will be using the Y62 offroad.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

That is pure magic.....looks really neat

threedogs
10th September 2013, 09:34 AM
Heres another pick of my mates Y62 the only good thing they use decent reverse lights, other the that is reminds me of those
Cadillac Escalades from The States,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BIG,,,,,, I'll get more pics as going to see him today,,,,

Rustyboner81
10th September 2013, 12:41 PM
Y

I agree with you there mate (the tjm bar)

Hodge
10th September 2013, 07:44 PM
Here's a photo of ARB's Y62 from the recent Melbourne show. I like.
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/4190/vjnf.jpg

Clunk
10th September 2013, 07:55 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm still not convinced, bar work is better than TJMs effort but only marginally........ would would think by now they'd be able to come up with something that suits the actual car and not just go, oh here, we'll change the dimensions slightly here and there on an existing bar and bobs your uncle , heres you bull bar folks........................R&D my arse!!!!!! shame

Drewboyaus
10th September 2013, 08:16 PM
At least it looks a bit less Dame Edna than the TJM bar.....

Winnie
10th September 2013, 08:23 PM
I like the look of the front end, but from the windscreen back is not so nice. But I'd still like to have one!

DIL380
1st April 2014, 07:22 PM
$100k for the TI-L .....I'd get a 2nd hand Range Rover or a new Discovery for that kind of coin

happygu
1st April 2014, 08:28 PM
I dunno .... I saw the ARB Patrol in the flesh the other day, and I thought it looked unbelievable ... .a lot better than one off the showroom floor.

The barwork makes all the difference.

Nearly had me thinking, as they have been advertising them at up to 30K off listed prices - so the prices aren't that much more than what I paid for my Ti, and my Diesel uses 13 LPH, and the Petrol is supposedly 14.5LPH, but I couldn't do it as it would be more like 18LPH I would think

Mic

DIL380
1st April 2014, 08:44 PM
I dunno .... I saw the ARB Patrol in the flesh the other day, and I thought it looked unbelievable ... .a lot better than one off the showroom floor.

The barwork makes all the difference.

Nearly had me thinking, as they have been advertising them at up to 30K off listed prices - so the prices aren't that much more than what I paid for my Ti, and my Diesel uses 13 LPH, and the Petrol is supposedly 14.5LPH, but I couldn't do it as it would be more like 18LPH I would think

Mic When I bought my Y61 I was talking to one of the blokes at the dealership, they said they did a rtn trip from Frankston to Etihad Stadium (about a 1.5 hr drive both ways if u don't know Melbourne) and it used 1/2 a tank of juice whereas I get about 1100km of city driving out of mine

threedogs
2nd April 2014, 07:18 AM
The clever part of the Rassler rear bar is that for $400 more you get the option
of when you open the swing away it open the rear tail gate as well, Very Clever

preacher
9th January 2015, 07:33 PM
I like the Kmar rear bar the best.

chuky
19th February 2015, 01:31 PM
ARB, so for other custom bars.. be very careful they dont void warranty by not being adr. also no insurance if its not apporved.