PDA

View Full Version : cleaning snatch straps

93patrol
9th August 2013, 10:36 PM
after a weekend in the mud my snatch:tongue: is a bit on the dirty side any good ideas on how to clean it I have used detergent and scrubbed it and it came up not to bad but was wondering if anybody else has some ideas

menace 2
9th August 2013, 10:44 PM
high pressure wash it at a car wash ...then lay it out to dry properly...they will stain from mud like any webbing sling

MudRunnerTD
9th August 2013, 11:10 PM
Straight in the washing machine mate! I actually bought a cheap second hand top loader, just a little one for $50 that is in the shed especially for recovery gear.

Snatch straps, extension straps and winch rope. Then lay it out on the line or in rows on the floored the shed to dry.

93patrol
9th August 2013, 11:14 PM
i think i'll hand wash mine can't imagine the mrs liking it when she pulls the strap out of the machine before she throw her delicates in.. haha that would be funny to see though but i dont have a death wish just yet

MudRunnerTD
9th August 2013, 11:18 PM
Search Washing Machine Top Loader (http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1311.R4.TR11.TRC1.A0 .XWashing+machine&_nkw=top+loader+washing+machine&_sacat=0&_from=R40) on eBay. Heap about for $50 or less. Put it in the garden shed and run a lead when you want to use it. I run a hose out to fill mine ;)

MudRunnerTD
9th August 2013, 11:20 PM
Although if you soak it in a bucket most of the loose stuff will fall off then in the machine by itself for a wash, rinse, spin and happy days

AB
9th August 2013, 11:23 PM
Straight in the washing machine mate! I actually bought a cheap second hand top loader, just a little one for $50 that is in the shed especially for recovery gear.

Snatch straps, extension straps and winch rope. Then lay it out on the line or in rows on the floored the shed to dry.

That's dedication right there folks...lol

timbar
10th August 2013, 12:07 AM
i think i'll hand wash mine can't imagine the mrs liking it when she pulls the strap out of the machine before she throw her delicates in.. haha that would be funny to see though but i dont have a death wish just yet

My Missus went wild when she found mine in the washing machine .....dunno why she couldn't see the logical side she has no problem washing my muddy clothes in there ...., its almost the same it's still made out of fabric ????

meh
10th August 2013, 05:55 AM
I would be shot putting it in our washing machine!! haha I just pressure hose mine and leave out to dry.

sil3nt_dr3ams
10th August 2013, 06:01 AM

Hrm cheap dishwasher that fits max trax Jacks and everything else. haha

BigRAWesty
10th August 2013, 06:44 AM
I give mine a quick hose off to remove most of it, then in the everyday washing machine. No detergent, or softener, and cold wash..

threedogs
10th August 2013, 07:31 AM
Stuffed one washing machine years ago clogged up the filter/pump.
now just soak and scrub in one of those under bed plastic tubs,
mild soap, good time to inspect for damage to. hang up to air dry

First Patrol
16th November 2013, 08:07 PM
What's with bringing up the old post and then the link you gave was some marketing crap?????

growler2058
16th November 2013, 08:11 PM
Link gone....

First Patrol
16th November 2013, 08:15 PM
Nice work mate