PDA

View Full Version : Do GU drawers fit GQ ???

gtrken
8th August 2013, 10:28 PM
As the thread states, am looking at a GQ wagon and have a set of ARB drawers from my old 98 GU at home.

Do they fit easily and bolt up to the old seven seater mountings as per my GU or do they require mods?

If mods are required would it be simpler to sell my GU drawers and buy GQs ??

Cheers
Ken

menace 2
8th August 2013, 11:02 PM
just keep them until you get the GQ ?....measure them and the space...if they go in then just put them in and work out a different securing system if it is different....would be much much cheaper to use them if they fit in than purchasing or going through any process of making new ones....if they dont fit then just sell them then...measure up between the wheel arches and depth of any GQ you look at ??

MudRunnerTD
8th August 2013, 11:46 PM
They will definitely fit mate. The drawers from ARB, Black Widow and alike are a modular design and are a multi fit. The only difference will be the side cover insert kit. You might have to trim them down but no big deal.

In terms of mounting??? Tech screws straight through the floor mate! In a heart beat!

I have a set of Black Widow Drawers that were in a 60 series Cruiser!! My dad bought them and fitted them to his 80, went straight in and the side infills were about 20mm too narrow so there was a gap along both sides but no big deal.

He took them out and I bought them off him and fitted them to the GUIV and trimmed 15mm off each side and they look better than factory fitted! Tech screwed through the floor. Very happy with the fit.

BigRAWesty
9th August 2013, 06:13 AM
What about length? Gu have a shorter cargo length than the Q I thought. Less cargo more leg space?

sil3nt_dr3ams
9th August 2013, 09:37 PM
They will definitely fit mate. The drawers from ARB, Black Widow and alike are a modular design and are a multi fit. The only difference will be the side cover insert kit. You might have to trim them down but no big deal.

In terms of mounting??? Tech screws straight through the floor mate! In a heart beat!

I have a set of Black Widow Drawers that were in a 60 series Cruiser!! My dad bought them and fitted them to his 80, went straight in and the side infills were about 20mm too narrow so there was a gap along both sides but no big deal.

He took them out and I bought them off him and fitted them to the GUIV and trimmed 15mm off each side and they look better than factory fitted! Tech screwed through the floor. Very happy with the fit.

Lol but watch the length of the texs! check where they are going thru.

Bloodyaussie
9th August 2013, 09:58 PM
I will never tech screw through a floor ever again.... I followed advice in the past blindly and was mm away from going through my gas tank!!!

When I was in the bike trade this young bloke tech screwed into his bike to fit some after market part and went through a black box that cost him $1500 to replace second hand!

AB
9th August 2013, 10:04 PM
Ive always wanted to utilize the seat belt thread in the wheel arch to side bolt the drawers in somehow.

BigRAWesty
9th August 2013, 10:28 PM
Ive always wanted to utilize the seat belt thread in the wheel arch to side bolt the drawers in somehow.

Check out my build thread.. I've used those bolts. And the floor tie down plate bolts.. Do I need a link???

MudRunnerTD
9th August 2013, 10:30 PM
I will never tech screw through a floor ever again.... I followed advice in the past blindly and was mm away from going through my gas tank!!!

When I was in the bike trade this young bloke tech screwed into his bike to fit some after market part and went through a black box that cost him $1500 to replace second hand!

Yes for sure mate. DO NOT trek screw blindly through any part of your car!!! If you have a Body Lift then there is about 80 to 100mm between the floor in the back and your tank. Before you go screwing through anywhere have a very good look around and under.

Once you establish that your not going to hit anything choose appropriate length tek screws and go for your life. Very suitable fixing product.

AB
9th August 2013, 10:57 PM
Check out my build thread.. I've used those bolts. And the floor tie down plate bolts.. Do I need a link???

Yes please, It's Friday night and I cannot see...lol

MudRunnerTD
9th August 2013, 11:11 PM

Piss head. :trink13:

BigRAWesty
9th August 2013, 11:19 PM

Here ya go drunken sailor...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=19876

gtrken
10th August 2013, 08:56 PM

Err, probably won't go down the tech screw route but as they are multifit they may work.

Cheers
Ken