PDA

View Full Version : The official 2013 useless stats awards

AB
8th August 2013, 09:54 PM
Here we go again, about time for the 2013 useless stats awards...:tease:

Top poster [growler2058 - 18785] (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=2058) Most replied to thread [The night shift] (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=3043) Most viewed thread [General banter] (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=442) Most popular forum [General Chat] (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)

Average 15-20 new members each day (real people, not bots or spammers as most forums have)

Average 30-40 new threads a day.

Average 500 posts a day.

14,884,404 pages have been viewed.

Top manual downloads in order...

Y62
Y61 CRD
GU Body dimensions

Here's a good one.....The VB anti spam program we put on a while back now blocks on average 500 people trying to register to the forum each and every day who are known spammers based on their IP or email.

Imagine not having that on here. We would now have about 50,000 members, shiploads of spam and the mods would be tearing their hair out trying to clean up all the crap...lol

Me, I would be most likely sitting in the fetal position in the corner of the room mumbling the words....No more spam, no more spam, no more spam...:icon_bonk:

MudRunnerTD
8th August 2013, 10:22 PM
Wow the Y62 manual is the most popular download! That surprises me allot!

AB
8th August 2013, 10:31 PM
Wow the Y62 manual is the most popular download! That surprises me allot!

Yeah I was very surprised myself when I saw that.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MudRunnerTD
8th August 2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah I was very surprised myself when I saw that.

Do you think that is the 26posters? Or the membership grabbing it cause its there? Obviously many members would download last year the GQ or GU and might just have grabbed it cause its there? Odd?

It's not like we have a huge section dedicated to Y62 owners?? I think we might have 1 in UAE ?? Even those guys are using 4.8s??

AB
9th August 2013, 08:16 AM
Do you think that is the 26posters? Or the membership grabbing it cause its there? Obviously many members would download last year the GQ or GU and might just have grabbed it cause its there? Odd?

It's not like we have a huge section dedicated to Y62 owners?? I think we might have 1 in UAE ?? Even those guys are using 4.8s??

I'm finding a lot of website owners around the world are coming on here getting the 25 posts , seeing the direct URL of the manuals and posting the direct links on their sites.

I am going to have to develop something or restrict access to the URL's to only allow downloading them from this site.

So yeah the top download is not directly from members on this site.

The server is getting hammered!!!

MudRunnerTD
9th August 2013, 09:18 AM
I'm finding a lot of website owners around the world are coming on here getting the 25 posts , seeing the direct URL of the manuals and posting the direct links on their sites.

I am going to have to develop something or restrict access to the URL's to only allow downloading them from this site.

Well bugger that mate!!!!! How do you turn that off mate! That's uncool! Actually a bit pissed about that!

MudRunnerTD
9th August 2013, 09:22 AM

Would it be like photo bucket where if you reorganise your pics all the links go out of whack?? I can't clean up my photo bucket because all the links to my build thread would be broken???

Reset the URL once a month mate! Members here only need it once and or whenever a new download is needed we just go and use the ok in the thread again.

Mate there could be sites OVerSeas linking straight here and their members are raping us mate! Shut it down or remove the manual!

Y62 manual available on request only!

NissanGQ4.2
10th August 2013, 07:44 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong Andy but the Y62 manual would not affect your server. As far as I remember you never hosted that manual on the server and only had a link to another website?????

AB
10th August 2013, 07:57 PM
Nah I put it in here mate and we got hammered.

mudski
10th August 2013, 09:37 PM
Y62 manual available on request only!
Why not do that for all manuals then?

Woof
10th August 2013, 09:45 PM
Something definitely needs to happen AB, maybe do like Mudski suggested mate

AB
10th August 2013, 09:55 PM
I'm trying to work out a way that you can only download a manual on this site without actually knowing the direct URL location of the manual itself.

There has to be a way. Ill suss it out next week.